Lake Superior

Larsky

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2016
DuPage County
Upper Peninsula of Michigan is one of my favorite destinations.
FB_IMG_1559483677280.jpg

Screenshot_20210214-091844_Facebook.jpg

Never been to the U.P.
But years ago I hiked Isle Royal National Park. Which is considered MI, but only 20 miles off the coast of northern MN.

View attachment 457103
Duluth Harbor
View attachment 457105
From Superior WI.
View attachment 457107
Duluth lift bridge.
View attachment 457108
Duluth at night from Spirit Mountain ski hills.

Drive through Duluth every year going on 40, on my way to Minnesota/Ontario.
Your avatar is apt. You must be confused. Minnesota lies westward from Duluth and Ontario is east of Duluth. You couldn't drive through Duluth on your way to both.
I think you are confused. Duluth is in MN and Ontario is directly north.
il_794xN.2239935970_loau.jpg

Lake superior was named by an old white guy that owned darkies.

View attachment 457103
Duluth Harbor
View attachment 457105
From Superior WI.
View attachment 457107
Duluth lift bridge.
View attachment 457108

Your avatar is apt. You must be confused. Minnesota lies westward from Duluth and Ontario is east of Duluth. You couldn't drive through Duluth on your way to both.

Uh, check a map. You cross the bridge from Superior, WI, into Duluth, Minnesota, ie, Duluth is in Minnesota. That's 53 North which goes straight to International Falls, MN and then across the border to Fort Francis, Ontario, from which I normally head to Dryden for an overnight and stock up, then up to the Perrault Falls area where I fish multiple lakes and have been for decades.

I spent the summers as a kid about an hour south of that border crossing on a lake off 53 and have fished that same lake for my entire life, could make that drive in my sleep and know exactly where stuff is, but thanks for the geography lesson. lol.

View attachment 457103
Duluth Harbor
View attachment 457105
From Superior WI.
View attachment 457107
Duluth lift bridge.
View attachment 457108

Uh, check a map. You cross the bridge from Superior, WI, into Duluth, Minnesota, ie, Duluth is in Minnesota. That's 53 North which goes straight to International Falls, MN and then across the border to Fort Francis, Ontario, from which I normally head to Dryden for an overnight and stock up, then up to the Perrault Falls area where I fish multiple lakes and have been for decades.

I spent the summers as a kid about an hour south of that border crossing on a lake off 53 and have fished that same lake for my entire life, could make that drive in my sleep and know exactly where stuff is, but thanks for the geography lesson. lol.
I drive 53 on my way to Lake Vermillion and Voyageurs National Park, several times a year.

View attachment 457103
Duluth Harbor
View attachment 457105
From Superior WI.
View attachment 457107
Duluth lift bridge.
View attachment 457108

I drive 53 on my way to Lake Vermillion and Voyageurs National Park, several times a year.

Yup, get off in Cook, if I'm not mistaken to head to Vermillion.

I'm about 15 mins past the McDonald's there in Orr on Pelican. Usually stop in Cook at the Trader's outpost, or whatever that place is called on the east side of 53 as you come into Cook to get the licenses and first stock up on beer and ice, head to the house, unpack the food, and hit the dock for a beer and maybe chuck a spoon or soft plastic around..

Every year. Like a clock. Love it up there. Sitting here literally right now looking over maps for the Ontario trip, given that the border opens, else I'll be up on the Pelican again for some northern and bass that, when you catch them at the right time, are very accommodating, both large and SM.

View attachment 457103
Duluth Harbor
View attachment 457105
From Superior WI.
View attachment 457107
Duluth lift bridge.
View attachment 457108

When I lived in Minneapolis I would go up to International Falls every year around the first of June. We would hire a plane (Rusty's Flying Service) and fly into a place called Lake Manitou in Ontario. Best fishing on the Planet. Pike, Lake Trout, Small Mouth bass, and the occasional Muskie.

It was a blast. Biggest fish I caught was a 37 inch Pike. We guessed 17-20 lbs. Nothing like fishing and doing a shore lunch with fish you just pulled out of the lake. :thup:

New Topics

Forum List

Back