CDZ lab grown meat : a great investment, due to climate change

I think it is not only climate change that will accelerate the growth of lab grown meat, but a change in attitude towards meat. The animal rights moment is intended to grow and many people, especially young people, are looking for an alternative. The environmental impact of the beef industry is also having an affect. The burning of the Amazon for cattle farms is turning people off to beef.

The question is, as consumers turn away from meat will they also turn away from lab grown meat?

Don’t get me wrong, I like a good steak, but those are the trends. They are not bad trends either in my view.

I will try lab grown meat. If it is as good as real beef, I will change.

It just opens the door for forcing it on us.
Yeah, like cars and radio and television and computers and....

You have to elaborate on your comment.

I think it is not only climate change that will accelerate the growth of lab grown meat, but a change in attitude towards meat. The animal rights moment is intended to grow and many people, especially young people, are looking for an alternative. The environmental impact of the beef industry is also having an affect. The burning of the Amazon for cattle farms is turning people off to beef.

The question is, as consumers turn away from meat will they also turn away from lab grown meat?

Don’t get me wrong, I like a good steak, but those are the trends. They are not bad trends either in my view.

I will try lab grown meat. If it is as good as real beef, I will change.

It just opens the door for forcing it on us.
Yeah, like cars and radio and television and computers and....

The BIGGER question is WHY WOULD YOU GIVE UP REAL MEAT if the artificial stuff is no better? I KNOW what I'm getting with real meat, who the fuck knows what you are eating with the fake stuff, just that it LOOKS close to meat and TASTES close to meat means nothing.

For me to eat fake meat, it would have to be :
  1. Proven independently (not USDA) to be 100% safe (as safe as meat).
  2. Be cheaper.
  3. Be better for me or taste better or both.
  4. Be better for the environment.
I've bought and eaten a few vege burger patties and they are OK but they are NOT MEAT. I'm under no allusions that I'm not eating soy protein complex bullshit.

The day the world bans real meat and I'm forced to eat fake stuff, I'll just go back to being a vegetarian. I've done it before and I can do it again. Fuck the fake.
1. "Real meat" kills. It may take decades but it kills

2. Would you eat your dog or cat if you have other options? For some of us, it is about not hurting God's creation. You've just been trained to think of certain sentient creatures different than your cat or dog.

3. "Fake" meat includes many things. It could be 100% vegetable based, or it could be animal muscle cells grown in a lab. BUT THESE ARE NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE TO THE CONSUMER

4. PERSONALLY, I've made the decision not to kill a sentient being as a food source. I will also not be part of causing it to suffer for a lifetime because I think it tastes good. A personal choice for me.

Everything kills eventually. My grandfather is 101 and he still eats meat all the time, in moderation but all the time.

The only sentient creatures on the planet are humans.

4. PERSONALLY, I've made the decision not to kill a sentient being as a food source. I will also not be part of causing it to suffer for a lifetime because I think it tastes good. A personal choice for me.

There are all manner of creatures on this earth who would not grant you the same consideration. Go preach at a lion in Africa or a shark off the coast of Australia. Come back and let us know how the conversion worked out for ya.

You believe humans are superior to animals, do you not? If we are superior to animals, then why act in a barbaric way? Being 'above' the animals is all the more reason to act with mercy, love, and to live by the Golden rule… treating others the way you would want to be treated.

Why look to animals as your moral compass? Some animals eat their own poop and rape each other. So because they do that does that make it OK and natural for us to as well?

And if you are going to look to animals as your moral compass, why not choose the gentle herbivorous animals who mind their own business and don't harm others… Why do you choose to emulate the violent, bloodthirsty predatory animals?
Most carnivores have their eyes facing forward. Binocular Vision...3 dimensional as the field of view crosses each eye. Most herbivores have their eyes on the side of their heads...Monocular Vision.... Each eye sees a complete image separate from the other eye.

:rolleyes:
Nice litany of bifurcation fallacies.

i beg to differ. plenty of animals can be considered sentient too.
from cows to dolphins, and many species in between.

i beg to differ. plenty of animals can be considered sentient too.
from cows to dolphins, and many species in between.

Yes, they all do fit the definition of sentient. Those arguing otherwise, it just makes it easier to justify their decision.

I believe the day will come when Jesus Christ takes this world back from Satan, the veil of darkness will be lifted. Then they will understand.

THIS is what a sentient being looks like. If you're unable to recognize it, then I would say you are not a sentient creature

i dare to predict that this will be BIG, and within a decade or so!

I'd sooner become a vegetarian than eat my meat grown in a test tube by a government chemist.

This! Or by a corporate chemist either. I would especially mistrust the corporate chemist because he's only in it for the money. He'll lie about it to keep from losing money, or to make more money than it's worth.

The idea of lab grown meat is so repulsive to me it makes me want to vomit.

But look at me, I won't eat margarine or that new shit that doesn't even have a name, I always eat butter.

The idea of lab grown meat is so repulsive to me it makes me want to vomit.

But look at me, I won't eat margarine or that new shit that doesn't even have a name, I always eat butter.

Same here. In fact, eating clean food, grown without chemicals or anti-biotics, is the reason why I'm so healthy today.

New Topics

Forum List

Back