CDZ lab grown meat : a great investment, due to climate change

I think it is not only climate change that will accelerate the growth of lab grown meat, but a change in attitude towards meat. The animal rights moment is intended to grow and many people, especially young people, are looking for an alternative. The environmental impact of the beef industry is also having an affect. The burning of the Amazon for cattle farms is turning people off to beef.

The question is, as consumers turn away from meat will they also turn away from lab grown meat?

Don’t get me wrong, I like a good steak, but those are the trends. They are not bad trends either in my view.

I will try lab grown meat. If it is as good as real beef, I will change.

Never in this lifetime. No frankenfood for me. If God didn’t grow it, I’m not eating it. I don’t even like the the gray tasteless beef you get from the factory farms.

I have a medical problem and get very sick if I eat processed foods or those with a lot of chemicals. Eating at McDonald’s leads to 3 days of pain and diarrhea.

I’ll go vegetarian before I eat that crap.

Gimme' a good burger or steak made from cows.

People say "Oh, these meatless burgers taste just like meat!"

And they may be right.

You know what else tastes just like meat?

Meat.

If lab grown meat becomes the standard, I starve to death. I’m largely a carnivore. I eat very few meals without meat in them. I won’t touch fake meat. I’ve turned down offers of free “meatless” products from restaurants and groceries over the years.

Gimme' a good burger or steak made from cows.

People say "Oh, these meatless burgers taste just like meat!"

And they may be right.

You know what else tastes just like meat?

Meat.

My oldest has a son who is has been a vegetarian since he was 6, so I have had plenty of opportunity to try the various meat subsitutes. Tofu is like eating rubber. Some of the meat substitutes taste OK, but I would rather just have a vegetarian dish than a fake meat dish. I haven't tried "Beyond Beef" because I have no interest in doing so.

But the current mass production meats are AWFUL. Tasteless, grey beef. A farmer friend of mine bought a batch of chicks of a special strain "meat chicken", which have been developed to grow and fatten quickly, and proceeded to raise them as free range, organically fed chickens. Most of them died. They needed the anti-biotics to keep them from getting sick, and the low nutrition food of a factory farm to slow their rate of growth.

We're filling our food full of growth hormones, anti-biotics and steriods to make them grow bigger, faster, sooner, and then we give that shit to our kids, and guess what? They're growing bigger, fatter, and entering puberty at younger ages. While your diseases become ever more resistant to anti-biotics.

It's obvious that we need an efficient system to feed the millions of people in our nations, but reducing the quality of our food, and growing it using hormones and steriods, for the sake of mass production seems like the wrong way to go about it.

I don't care if it is vegetable or not......I just want it to be safe, taste good, and my choice to eat it or not eat it...

Very easy principles that the left wingers will not care about....

I think it is not only climate change that will accelerate the growth of lab grown meat, but a change in attitude towards meat. The animal rights moment is intended to grow and many people, especially young people, are looking for an alternative. The environmental impact of the beef industry is also having an affect. The burning of the Amazon for cattle farms is turning people off to beef.

The question is, as consumers turn away from meat will they also turn away from lab grown meat?

Don’t get me wrong, I like a good steak, but those are the trends. They are not bad trends either in my view.

It just opens the door for forcing it on us.
Holy shit, do you cry about everything? You’re so fucking put upon, you whiny little bitch. Grow a pair of balls.

CDZ synth, play nice.

Sorry but when you couple the increase in "plant" substitutes and fake "meat" availability with people who are hell bent on making everyone vegan you get people who want to force you to use these things in place of the real thing.

Please don’t swallow the bullshit that the left is trying to make everyone a vegan. Far from it. I like my leather shoes, purses coats and fur is eco-friendly. Polyester and fake furs are not.

Also BACON!!!

Holy shit, do you cry about everything? You’re so fucking put upon, you whiny little bitch. Grow a pair of balls.

CDZ synth, play nice.

Sorry but when you couple the increase in "plant" substitutes and fake "meat" availability with people who are hell bent on making everyone vegan you get people who want to force you to use these things in place of the real thing.

Please don’t swallow the bullshit that the left is trying to make everyone a vegan. Far from it. I like my leather shoes, purses coats and fur is eco-friendly. Polyester and fake furs are not.

Also BACON!!!

CDZ, watch your language.

And according to the animal rights nuts you are the enemy, more so than me because you are supposed to be "woke"

I have Beyond Meat stock. It’s been a bit of a rollercoaster this year. Their burgers are delicious. I’ve been waiting for Impossible! to go public. They are the ones at Burger King.
No one likes them either. It takes a hard core vegan to choke one down.

But the current mass production meats are AWFUL. Tasteless, grey beef. A farmer friend of mine bought a batch of chicks of a special strain "meat chicken", which have been developed to grow and fatten quickly, and proceeded to raise them as free range, organically fed chickens. Most of them died. They needed the anti-biotics to keep them from getting sick, and the low nutrition food of a factory farm to slow their rate of growth.

We're filling our food full of growth hormones, anti-biotics and steriods to make them grow bigger, faster, sooner, and then we give that shit to our kids, and guess what? They're growing bigger, fatter, and entering puberty at younger ages. While your diseases become ever more resistant to anti-biotics.

It's obvious that we need an efficient system to feed the millions of people in our nations, but reducing the quality of our food, and growing it using hormones and steriods, for the sake of mass production seems like the wrong way to go about it.

In addition to the hormones, antibiotics, pus, feces and other disgusting things, in some countries "meat" is treated with carbon monoxide to give it that red color and make it appear fresher than it actually is. If it was left the way it would naturally look, it obviously wouldn't be as appetizing to flesh eaters.

86487656-529425687987817-2613335592133459968-o.jpg

I have Beyond Meat stock. It’s been a bit of a rollercoaster this year. Their burgers are delicious. I’ve been waiting for Impossible! to go public. They are the ones at Burger King.
No one likes them either. It takes a hard core vegan to choke one down.

Don't speak for others. Beyond burgers are SO good, even my non-vegan roommate loves them and tells other people about it. But do continue to eat the corpses of sick, tortured animals, if you prefer.

Also BACON!!!

THANK YOU! At its core, it's not a left/right thing at all and it's a real shame that some people have tried to make it into that.

PS: If you saw how fur and leather is made, I highly doubt you'd be as enthusiastic about it. (That goes for anyone, except for the most callous among us.)

Last edited:

CDZ synth, play nice.

Also BACON!!!

CDZ, watch your language.

And according to the animal rights nuts you are the enemy, more so than me because you are supposed to be "woke"

Well you see I don’t subscribe to the notions of “nuts” or extremists from either side of the political spectrum.

As a veal farmer pointed out, they accuse us of mistreating and stressing out the animals. Stressed animals don’t gain weight. Healthy, well cared for animals gain weight. His profit weren’t huge and any animal lost was a significant loss of cash.

I will agree that factory farms are evil on a whole lot of levels.

My main "beef", pardon the pun, with the cattle industry is the enormous amount of water it takes to sustain it. The feed required for cattle has to be grown and watered year round and takes up farm land that could be producing more useful crops. I love a good steak, but IMO it would be a good thing to start scaling the beef industry down and lab grown/plant based meat seems like a good way to do that.

My main "beef", pardon the pun, with the cattle industry is the enormous amount of water it takes to sustain it. The feed required for cattle has to be grown and watered year round and takes up farm land that could be producing more useful crops. I love a good steak, but IMO it would be a good thing to start scaling the beef industry down and lab grown/plant based meat seems like a good way to do that.

So true, meat (especially beef) uses a ridiculous amount of water. I think most people don't realize that. It's a huge waste of water and food, and that's just a couple of the problems.

Here is a good interactive site for people to see how much water was used to make their meal: Eating the drought: How much water goes into your meal?

An example:

Also BACON!!!

THANK YOU! At its core, it's not a left/right thing at all and it's a real shame that some people have tried to make it into that.

PS: If you saw how fur and leather is made, I highly doubt you'd be as enthusiastic about it. (That goes for anyone, except for the most callous among us.)
The Native Americans tanned animal skins with the tannin from urine. The tanned leather was softened by chewing. You were saying?

The impossible burger really isn't a healthy alternative to the regular burger. It is very high in sodium and fat. What is the heme molecule in fake meat? It's what makes it look like meat. It's pure chemicals. Nope.

Also BACON!!!

The Native Americans tanned animal skins with the tannin from urine. The tanned leather was softened by chewing. You were saying?

That's not what I was talking about. I was talking about the modern day fur industry. Something that is actually relevant because it's what is taking place NOW. The good news is, if we let the free market work, growing awareness causes more and more people to ditch products that came from animal cruelty.

Forum List

Back