LA Times conflicting Poll/Projection

PK1

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2015
Which latest POTUS voter "reflection" system is accurate ... in the correct direction?
One of them is wrong:

LA Times poll: Trump +5.6%;

LA Times electoral vote projection: Clinton 352, Trump 186

Probably the poll.

Here are all the other polls taken in the last 10 days from 538.

538.png

Which latest POTUS voter "reflection" system is accurate ... in the correct direction?
One of them is wrong:

Sources of the data you cite?
LA Times.

Never mind. I'm not going looking all over the LA Times website to find the two pieces of data you noted.
http://graphics.latimes.com/usc-presidential-poll-dashboard/

Our final map has Clinton winning with 352 electoral votes. Compare your picks with ours.

One of them is wrong:

LA Times.

Never mind. I'm not going looking all over the LA Times website to find the two pieces of data you noted.

Our final map has Clinton winning with 352 electoral votes. Compare your picks with ours.

TY.

Look at the dates of publication. The tracking poll information is current as of today. The other story is from two days ago. Also, if you look at the methodology of the tracking poll, you'll find that it reflects the responses of a fixed group of people. Their response to the poll question is tracked over time. Looking at the "final map" story, I see nothing indicating the prediction is based on the tracking poll's finding. Indeed, I see nothing indicating precisely on what that map is based.

One of them is wrong:

LA Times.

Look at the dates of publication. The tracking poll information is current as of today. The other story is from two days ago. Also, if you look at the methodology of the tracking poll, you'll find that it reflects the responses of a fixed group of people. Their response to the poll question is tracked over time. Looking at the "final map" story, I see nothing indicating the prediction is based on the tracking poll's finding. Indeed, I see nothing indicating precisely on what that map is based.
My understanding is the same as yours; the two voter "reflections" use different methodologies; although I have not yet inspected the Map's methodology, but it's obviously different.
After today, the more accurate one will surface ...

Perhaps this one will be most accurate:
ElectoralVote

Clinton
photo-01.png

Trump
photo-02.png

Dem-Senate
ico-01.png

GOP-Senate
ico-02.png

Looks like NEITHER poll was accurate!
Garbage in, garbage out.
The polling algorithms are worse than weather predictors. :)

Actual RESULTS:

Clinton
photo-01.png

Trump
photo-02.png

Dem-Senate
ico-01.png

GOP-Senate
ico-02.png

New Topics

Forum List

Back