LA Mayor Villareconquista joins march - AGAINST HIS OWN EMPLOYEES???

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Even in the crazy state of California, I thought I'd seen it all. A northern mayor who performs same-sex marriages in direct defiance of California law, voters who diarm themselveswhile carfully leaving everyone around them armed, people who protest the execution of a multiple murderer who laughed as he blew away an entire family, a southern mayor who announced to a large crowd, "We clean your toilets!" and implied that he himself was an illegal alien.

But I can't offhand recall an event quite as bizarre as this one seems to be. The Mayor of L.A., Antonio Villareconquista, apparently doesn't like the stories he's heard of the way some of his own employees behaved during the illegal-alien rallies a few weeks ago. Does he wait for the results of the many investigations going on? Does he let his employees go as public as he is, to air their side of what happened?

No.

He joins a street march set up to protest the incident. And he marches in support of his employees, the LA police, naturally, right? What else can he do? After all, they put their life on the line to support and defend the law and his city, every day. As Mayor, ultimately the buck stops with him, right? If his employees did step over the line, then it is of course the mayor's duty to wait till all the evidence is in and the myriad investigations are completed, and then he may have to perform the sad task of demoting or even firing a few police officers.

Except... he didn't join to support his own side. HE'S MARCHING WITH THE ILLEGAL-ALIEN SUPPORTERS, to show solidarity with them!!! Little evidence is in, no investigations are anywhere near complete. But Mayor Villareconquista has already decided what his reaction will be.

I thought I'd seen everything, but this tops them all. It's sort of like a bank president whose bank gets robbed. His guards rough up a couple of the crooks as they flee. Some bystanders say the guards were too rough on the crooks. And next thing you know, the guards, who put their life on the line defending the bank, see the bank president marching in circles outside with a group defending the crooks, who are insisting the GUARDS be prosecuted!

Why do I get the feeling that Mayor Villareconquista is going to start having a hard time hiring police officers, if he pulls shit like this on them?

It also gives rise to a fleeting thought. What if the march gets out of hand like the marches did a few weeks ago, and the cops wind up arresting the Mayor, among others, and throwing him in the clink? Can he order himself released, and/or pardoned?

You can't make this stuff up, folks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.knbc.com/news/13337604/detail.html?dl=mainclick

Mayor, Speaker To Join Rally Protesting LAPD Behavior
Police Chief Also Plans To Attend; Deputy Chief To Retire

POSTED: 6:38 am PDT May 17, 2007
UPDATED: 4:21 pm PDT May 17, 2007

LOS ANGELES -- Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Assembly Speaker Fabian Nunez are among those expected to join immigrant-rights activists Thursday for a march and rally to denounce the actions of Los Angeles riot police at a May Day rally at MacArthur Park.

The event will begin with a town hall-style meeting at 5:30 p.m. Immanuel Presbyterian Church, followed by a 10-block procession to MacArthur Park, where organizers will hold a candlelight vigil and a series of performances. The march will start at 6 p.m.

The LAPD issued a citywide tactical alert at 3:30 p.m. Officer Jason Lee said the alert was issued to ensure the procession and rally have "a peaceful ending."

Demonstrators, journalists and police officers were injured at the end of an immigration march in MacArthur Park May 1, when police tried to disperse some people who moved off the sidewalk into Alvarado Street.

Some demonstrators responded by throwing plastic bottles and rocks at officers, according to police. Officers clad in riot gear used batons and fired 146 rounds of foam-rubber bullets to disperse the crowd.

A preliminary version of the LAPD's after-action report will be heard by the full City Council on May 30. In a separate investigation, the department is checking into complaints filed by demonstrators and journalists injured during the fracas.

A third LAPD investigation is aimed at searching for those who allegedly started the confrontation by throwing rocks and plastic bottles at officers.

Separately, the Police Commission is investigating the matter, while the FBI launched a preliminary probe to determine whether the LAPD committed civil rights violations.

Just another reason to add to an ever growing list of reasons I can't wait to get the hell out of this state. I glad I don't live in L.A.

This episode is emblematic of the growing battle of the voting minorities in CA. Hispanics are overtaking blacks as the largest minority in many areas - and want the voting power to match their population level. This is one of the reasons the old black establishment in Oakland pulled out all of the stops to ensure that Ron Dellums beat Ignacio De La Fuentes for mayor.

This episode is emblematic of the growing battle of the voting minorities in CA. Hispanics are overtaking blacks as the largest minority in many areas - and want the voting power to match their population level. This is one of the reasons the old black establishment in Oakland pulled out all of the stops to ensure that Ron Dellums beat Ignacio De La Fuentes for mayor.

I recently read that immigrant minorities currently constitute 58% of the population Maybe it was minorites as a whole) in California. This is only going to grow now that our representatives have sold out the country on the illegal immigration issue.

Forum List

Back