LA mayor says Biden will “rapidly wind” fracking “down”

You are an idiot. They don't refine oil on floating platforms. When did you become an "energy broker"?
From Wikipedia:
An oil platform, offshore platform, or offshore drilling rig is a large structure with facilities for well drilling to explore, extract, store, and process petroleum and natural gas that lies in rock formations beneath the seabed. .

I'm not the idiot you are claiming me to be... actually just the reverse is true.

From Wikipedia:
An oil platform, offshore platform, or offshore drilling rig is a large structure with facilities for well drilling to explore, extract, store, and process petroleum and natural gas that lies in rock formations beneath the seabed. .

I'm not the idiot you are claiming me to be... actually just the reverse is true.

Processing means its piped to a GOSP not that it is refined on an offshore platform. You should have known that.

Processing means its piped to a GOSP not that it is refined on an offshore platform. You should have known that.
No...it means refining.
You haven't actually paid attention to anything yet.

No...it means refining.
You haven't actually paid attention to anything yet.

Have you ever set foot on an offshore drilling platform? They don't have refineries on offshore platforms.

Can you name a single company or location that refines oil on and offshore drilling platform?

Last edited:
Have you ever set foot on an offshore drilling platform? They don't have refineries on offshore platforms.

Can you name a single company or location that refines oil on and offshore drilling platform?
I didn't go...was offered work on them and almost went with a buddy...but I decided to stay ashore instead.

And the gulf of Mexico is absolutely full of refinery rigs. That's where most of Americans oil and gasoline comes from. From there it is piped or shipped everywhere. Most of them are more than a couple miles offshore. It's a bumpy helicopter ride to get there and you are there for 12 weeks...lots of money but...meh...I have a life so I passed.

I didn't go...was offered work on them and almost went with a buddy...but I decided to stay ashore instead.

And the gulf of Mexico is absolutely full of refinery rigs. That's where most of Americans oil and gasoline comes from. From there it is piped or shipped everywhere. Most of them are more than a couple miles offshore. It's a bumpy helicopter ride to get there and you are there for 12 weeks...lots of money but...meh...I have a life so I passed.

There are some 3000 shallow offshore rigs in the Gulf of Mexico.. NOT refineries.

Shell has a huge new ship off Australia called the Prelude that is strictly fractional distillation.. Its NOT a drilling platform.

There are some 3000 shallow offshore rigs in the Gulf of Mexico.. NOT refineries.

Shell has a huge new ship off Australia called the Prelude that is strictly fractional distillation.. Its NOT a drilling platform.

They are all called drilling or pumping rigs....but they still refine the oil.
Some goes on for further refining...but the initial refining and cracking goes on offshore on the rigs.

The California spill... dunno what was going on there. I betcha someone was asleep on shift or wasn't on station paying attention...all kinds of alarm bells and buzzers have to go off for that kind of accident to happen. As an electrician it would have been one of those things I would have been responsible for keeping working.... usually it's just stupid stuff like heat trace or replacing cabling or connections in the worst places. There's a ton of sensors and flow meters and heating elements or cooling systems that need constant upkeep. ... because of all the refining they do on the platforms.

They are all called drilling or pumping rigs....but they still refine the oil.
Some goes on for further refining...but the initial refining and cracking goes on offshore on the rigs.

The California spill... dunno what was going on there. I betcha someone was asleep on shift or wasn't on station paying attention...all kinds of alarm bells and buzzers have to go off for that kind of accident to happen. As an electrician it would have been one of those things I would have been responsible for keeping working.... usually it's just stupid stuff like heat trace or replacing cabling or connections in the worst places. There's a ton of sensors and flow meters and heating elements or cooling systems that need constant upkeep. ... because of all the refining they do on the platforms.

LOLOL. Pumping rigs? How primitive is that.

Nope.. They don't refine oil on drilling rigs.

Christmas trees are used in oil exploration and production in surface and underwater oil and gas wells.

Christmas trees on surface wells are also known as surface trees, as they connect to the wellhead that is visible on the surface of a well. Christmas trees used in offshore drilling and extraction are called subsea trees.

LOLOL. Pumping rigs? How primitive is that.

Nope.. They don't refine oil on drilling rigs.
So.... everyone (except for you) for some reason works on the refineries on the rigs...that you claim don't exist...so what are they doing? Why are they getting paid?

So.... everyone (except for you) for some reason works on the refineries on the rigs...that you claim don't exist...so what are they doing? Why are they getting paid?

I have never even seen an old rocker pump except in the movies. Nobody in the oil business uses them unless they are really small potatoes.

Name some refineries on offshore drilling rigs.

I have never even seen an old rocker pump except in the movies. Nobody in the oil business uses them unless they are really small potatoes.

Name some refineries on offshore drilling rigs.
Again....
Google is your friend.

Name the companies and the rigs.
Why?
You are the only person I have ever talked to that doesn't know that most of Americans oil is refined in offshore oil rigs.

You are the exception...not the norm. Go beg someone else to teach you...

Forum List

Back