LA Mayor Orders Face Masks. "My Body, My Choice"?

Starting Friday, any worker in any establishment in LA can refuse you service if you're not wearing a face mask.

Gosh, and here I thought the Democrats were all about "My body, my choice". But that's only human life that grows in a woman's body that is not ACTUALLY her body, but has separate DNA and everything. When it comes to your ACTUAL body, yes, the Democrats want to boss that around too.

As my daughter would say, "We been knew".

If customers are acting in a dangerous manner they should be refused service. Why do you want to kill Americans ?

So, to be clear. You are PRO "my body, my choice", but only when a woman wants to kill her own growing baby in her womb.

Got it
You want to risk infecting a pregnant woman and her unborn child.
Jesus would be so proud of you.

Strange, it's actually only people who hate Christianity and Christians who always tell me exactly what Jesus thinks of me.

They don't even believe Jesus exists, so that's strange.

You don't have to believe in God to know what the Bible says. If you claim your beliefs are based on the Bible, it's reasonable to hold you to what it actually says, you hypocrite.

Every Leftist ever: "Do what we say or Jesus hates you!"

So unoriginal

You''re the one who claims to go by what the Bible says. Of course, that does get a lot easier when you pick and choose which parts you want to ignore.

I do not ignore any of it, not one word. You however, I can guarantee, have never read it through entire, nor do you understand it, nor have you studied it, nor do you read it almost every day as I do.

Don't be silly

You know you have Leftists not only beat, but throttled, when they come back with prattle like this

You have no idea how much I know about the Bible, or how often I have read it. I'm sure you don't know that I proudly counted myself as a staunch Southern Baptist for most of my life. It was only after I retired, and had the time for in depth study with the purpose of becoming a better Christian that I became aware of the hypocritical and un-Christ-like cult that main Stream Christianity has become. Christianity is not a political party, you arrogant hypocrite. We are admonished to be as wise as a serpent, but as harmless as a dove. Today's Christianity is neither.

Then I stand corrected, and you are absolutely right that Christianity is not a political party.

It's interesting that you "proudly" called yourself a Southern Baptist. Believe me, that's a very, very, in fact THE most common problem and one we all struggle with. Pride.

Starting Friday, any worker in any establishment in LA can refuse you service if you're not wearing a face mask.

Gosh, and here I thought the Democrats were all about "My body, my choice". But that's only human life that grows in a woman's body that is not ACTUALLY her body, but has separate DNA and everything. When it comes to your ACTUAL body, yes, the Democrats want to boss that around too.

If customers are acting in a dangerous manner they should be refused service. Why do you want to kill Americans ?

So, to be clear. You are PRO "my body, my choice", but only when a woman wants to kill her own growing baby in her womb.

Got it
You want to risk infecting a pregnant woman and her unborn child.
Jesus would be so proud of you.

Strange, it's actually only people who hate Christianity and Christians who always tell me exactly what Jesus thinks of me.

They don't even believe Jesus exists, so that's strange.

You don't have to believe in God to know what the Bible says. If you claim your beliefs are based on the Bible, it's reasonable to hold you to what it actually says, you hypocrite.

Every Leftist ever: "Do what we say or Jesus hates you!"

So unoriginal

You''re the one who claims to go by what the Bible says. Of course, that does get a lot easier when you pick and choose which parts you want to ignore.

I do not ignore any of it, not one word. You however, I can guarantee, have never read it through entire, nor do you understand it, nor have you studied it, nor do you read it almost every day as I do.

Don't be silly

You know you have Leftists not only beat, but throttled, when they come back with prattle like this

You have no idea how much I know about the Bible, or how often I have read it. I'm sure you don't know that I proudly counted myself as a staunch Southern Baptist for most of my life. It was only after I retired, and had the time for in depth study with the purpose of becoming a better Christian that I became aware of the hypocritical and un-Christ-like cult that main Stream Christianity has become. Christianity is not a political party, you arrogant hypocrite. We are admonished to be as wise as a serpent, but as harmless as a dove. Today's Christianity is neither.

Then I stand corrected, and you are absolutely right that Christianity is not a political party.

It's interesting that you "proudly" called yourself a Southern Baptist. Believe me, that's a very, very, in fact THE most common problem and one we all struggle with. Pride.

Pride is a problem with today's flavor of Christianity, but arrogance and dishonesty far outpace pride on your list of disgusting behavior. You are so ready to accuse everyone who disagrees with you of not even knowing what is in the bible. I'm sure all your rich TV preachers are proud of you.

I fail to see how the 2 are comparable

The saying is, "My body, my choice".

But if the Left wants to force you to wear something or not be served, then it's NOT "My body, my choice".

Do you need a cartoon drawing or something?

Wait, so would that mean that anyone on the left is being a hypocrite for accepting anti-nudity/indecent exposure laws?

Another question: do you see a difference between what you do with your body in private and what you do with your body in public, legally or morally?

Are you for real? Were it a valid comparison You would have women wear a mask for the rest of their lives because you think God said so. What kind of religious fanatic would make a woman cover her face while out in public for no good reason?
A Muslim fanatic (except they only pretend to be a religion).

Are you for real? Were it a valid comparison You would have women wear a mask for the rest of their lives because you think God said so. What kind of religious fanatic would make a woman cover her face while out in public for no good reason?

Mark another Leftist down as anti-freedom....oh, unless, of course, that woman wants to kill her own baby in her womb
It isn't a "leftist" thing to enact laws protecting the public. Do you think you should have the "freedom" to do anything ?

If there were no laws made to protect the public, murder, rape, robbery, arson, etc would all be legal. People cannot be free to do what can cause harm to the public. Simple as that.

Are we witnessing some new mental derangement coming out of our lopsided miseducation system ? Are people being taught " Freedom above all else" ?

If anyone is suffering from this type of mental abberation, let me provide this cure. No freedom in America is absolute. All freedoms have restrictions, for public safety. Even freedom of speech has numerous exceptions (perjury, slander, libel, threats, obscenity, plagiarism, inciting riot, etc)

Are we witnessing some new mental derangement coming out of our lopsided miseducation system ? Are people being taught " Freedom above all else" ?

If anyone is suffering from this type of mental abberation, let me provide this cure. No freedom in America is absolute. All freedoms have restrictions, for public safety. Even freedom of speech has numerous exceptions (perjury, slander, libel, threats, obscenity, plagiarism, inciting riot, etc)

I think people are pissed off that their way of life is being compromised by the virus. If you have spent your life ploughing your own furrow it must be tough to adapt to being a part of a community.

But unless you live on your own little island you are a part of a community and your actions affect your neighbours as their actions affect you.

The OP is allegedly a teacher not a spoilt teenager. She should have a better grasp of her responsibilities.

UM, yeah, when you can possibly spread the disease to others, then it's not just your body anymore, Islamophobic Twat.

I thought you folks loved the saying "My body, my choice"?

But now you don't. Right? Now you are all about the government DEMANDING that you wear a certain article of clothing or you're cut off from society.

You mean when the government insists that I can't go out buck naked when I go to the store, they are clearly imposing on me.

(Just remember, once you've seen it, you can't unsee it!)

Oh, wait. No. They are applying a bit of common sense. There's sensible reasons to not have someone go out buck naked to the store. There's a sensible reason why you want people to wear masks when in public right now.

There's no sensible reason to tell a woman what kind of family planning she should have access to.

A fetus isn't a fully developed human being. It's going tissue that has the potential of becoming a fully developed baby.

That's fetus is fully dependent on the woman and isn't an independent being that can live and breathe on its on.

Walking around with no protection during a pandemic affects fully developed human beings who have lives.

You can't compare the 2.

Mark another Leftist down as anti-freedom....oh, unless, of course, that woman wants to kill her own baby in her womb
It isn't a "leftist" thing to enact laws protecting the public. Do you think you should have the "freedom" to do anything ?

If there were no laws made to protect the public, murder, rape, robbery, arson, etc would all be legal. People cannot be free to do what can cause harm to the public. Simple as that.

Think about the crimes you listed: murder, rape, robbery, arson.

Now compare that to the gov't demanding you do something involving your body and see if you spot the difference.

A fetus isn't a fully developed human being. It's going tissue that has the potential of becoming a fully developed baby.

That's fetus is fully dependent on the woman and isn't an independent being that can live and breathe on its on.

Walking around with no protection during a pandemic affects fully developed human beings who have lives.

You can't compare the 2.

The fetus is not the woman's body. It is a unique human life. If your argument is "live and breathe on its own", then let's unhook all those folks on ventilators, they don't count either.

You don't have to state the obvious for me. I'm saying when the gov't demands you do something WITH YOUR BODY we might start looking at the importance of individual rights. You don't have to give me another lecture about the virus; we know you're scared

I think people are pissed off that their way of life is being compromised by the virus. If you have spent your life ploughing your own furrow it must be tough to adapt to being a part of a community.

But unless you live on your own little island you are a part of a community and your actions affect your neighbours as their actions affect you.

The OP is allegedly a teacher not a spoilt teenager. She should have a better grasp of her responsibilities.

Tommy we know you are perfectly fine being ordered around by The State your entire life, and in fact are nothing if not a good little Statist and a monitor of such.

For some of us, freedom is important. Not for you. We understand.

Tommy we know you are perfectly fine being ordered around by The State your entire life, and in fact are nothing if not a good little Statist and a monitor of such.

Freedom to kill your neighbours is not worth defending.

Like driving, Tommy? Because wearing a face mask or not is like driving or not. So stop whining like a 14 yo GIRL with PMS

/——-/ Do you wear a face mask every flu season?

/——-/ Do you wear a face mask every flu season?

Yeah Tommy. The models are down to 60K people dying here in the US now. From COVID.

That's a regular flu season now. So do you wear one or what?

Like driving, Tommy? Because wearing a face mask or not is like driving or not. So stop whining like a 14 yo GIRL with PMS
Why do you want to kill your neighbours ?

Forum List

Back