L.A. Unified school police role dramatically diminished under proposed cuts

I don't believe in the police in schools to begin with so I see this as not going far enough.

School resource officers help keep the peace and because they are the only people legally allowed to carry a gun in the "gun free zones", they are frequently the only defense against a school shooter.

So, I disagree with you.

You can. I call it paranoia.

You call protecting kids from possible School Shooters being paranoid?

Sure you do until one happens then you will blame everyone but those that did the cuts!

The only true reason anyone would support cutting protection in Schools are those wanting a mass shooting so they can use the tragedy to get rid of the Second Amendment!

I don't believe in the police in schools to begin with so I see this as not going far enough.

School resource officers help keep the peace and because they are the only people legally allowed to carry a gun in the "gun free zones", they are frequently the only defense against a school shooter.

So, I disagree with you.

Sure you do until one happens then you will blame everyone but those that did the cuts!

The only true reason anyone would support cutting protection in Schools are those wanting a mass shooting so they can use the tragedy to get rid of the Second Amendment!

I fully support the 2nd Amendment. If you want to allow teachers to carry, that's fine with me so do you want to try again?

Clearly police should NEVER be allowed in schools.
They are totally untrained and far to violent.
The proof is the many examples of police arresting and handcuffing children as young as 5 years old, which is totally illegal.

As far as the claim only police can carry a gun into gun free school zones, that is totally untrue.
Any teacher or janitor can be armed if the school allows it.
Police have no more authority to be armed than anyone.
The 14th amendment ensures that.
Pull your head out of your ass, liar.

Wrong.
{...
The Gun-Free School Zones Act (GFSZA) is an act of the U.S. Congress prohibiting any unauthorized individual from knowingly possessing a loaded or unsecured firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone as defined by 18 U.S.C.
...}

The school can "authorize" whomever they want, including private security, teachers, janitors, or even parent volunteers.
Police are the very LAST people you want to be en loco parentis.
Nor should the parents stand for it.
Police are a threat to children.

{...

Body Camera Footage Shows Arrest by Orlando Police of 6-Year-Old at School
The episode, which occurred in September, prompted fierce criticism of the treatment of young children by law enforcement. The officer who arrested the girl was fired.

...}

Obivously it is totally and completely illegal for police to arrest a 6 year old.
Because police constantly do such criminal and foolish acts of violence like this, we not only must keep them out of schools, but should likely get rid of them completely.
Los Angeles does not allow teachers to arm themselves, ignoramus.

LA can't prevent teachers from being armed by the permission of the school.
If the school does not allow it, then you demand they change their policies.
The city of LA has absolutely NOTHING at all to do with the en loco parentis between schools and parents.
The only people who get any say are the schools and the parents.

As someone who knows something about the Los Angeles Unified School District, I can say with confidence that most teachers want a police presence on campus, even those teachers who dare not criticize their out-spoken "liberal" colleagues.

High schools and even middle schools have more than a few troublemakers. And since the last presidential administration, schools may NOT suspend students for defiance.

This is 2020, when all kinds of groups are out of control. This is NOT the 1950s (when I was a teenager). A teacher's word back then was enough to enforce discipline. This authority started unraveling in the 1960s.

Wrong.
You clearly did not ever watch "West Side Story", which was based on real events.
Deaths in school were even higher in the past than they are now.
Even in the quiet Midwest where I graduated, 2 were killed in knife fights in the 50s.
Schools are much less violent now than they were before.
Typically not all teachers should or would need to be armed.
You just need 2 or 3, like the principle, vice principle, and a janitor or phy ed teacher.

So, I disagree with you.

There used to be no school shootings because there always used to be armed teachers, admin, and janitors.
It is stupid, irresponsible, and illegal to not have armed staff, and instead try to pretend you can rely on police, who are obviously WAY unqualified to be around children.

The proof is the many examples of police arresting and handcuffing children as young as 5 years old, which is totally illegal.

As far as the claim only police can carry a gun into gun free school zones, that is totally untrue.

Wrong.
{...
The Gun-Free School Zones Act (GFSZA) is an act of the U.S. Congress prohibiting any unauthorized individual from knowingly possessing a loaded or unsecured firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone as defined by 18 U.S.C.
...}

The school can "authorize" whomever they want, including private security, teachers, janitors, or even parent volunteers.

{...

The episode, which occurred in September, prompted fierce criticism of the treatment of young children by law enforcement. The officer who arrested the girl was fired.

...}

Obivously it is totally and completely illegal for police to arrest a 6 year old.
Because police constantly do such criminal and foolish acts of violence like this, we not only must keep them out of schools, but should likely get rid of them completely.

The city of LA has absolutely NOTHING at all to do with the en loco parentis between schools and parents.
Man, are you one ignorant moron.

Wrong.
{...
...}

{...

...}

According to you, then police are not allowed at schools.
Which is obviously not true, so then obviously schools can have anyone armed there they want, such as private security, approved teachers, or even volunteer parents who are a checked out.

Wrong.
{...
...}

{...

...}

According to you, then police are not allowed at schools.
Which is obviously not true, so then obviously schools can have anyone armed there they want, such as private security, approved teachers, or even volunteer parents who are a checked out.
And moron again displays his total ignorance.

Forum List

Back