KSM Won't Walk Free Even If Found Not Guilty

since this has been roundly ignored, it needs its own thread....

Attorney General Eric Holder acknowledged on Wednesday a previously unspoken proviso to the controversial decision to try alleged 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four co-conspirators in a federal court in New York: even if the defendants are somehow acquitted, they will still stay behind bars.

'Heads I Win, Tails You Lose': In 9/11 Case, KSM Won't Walk Free Even If Found Not Guilty - Declassified Blog - Newsweek.com

Who requested / required this "unspoken proviso"? It's just bizarre.

I want to say this decision is falling between two stools, but the more I read about it the more I think it is more likely to be stalling between two fools.

Attorney General Eric Holder acknowledged on Wednesday a previously unspoken proviso to the controversial decision to try alleged 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four co-conspirators in a federal court in New York: even if the defendants are somehow acquitted, they will still stay behind bars.

'Heads I Win, Tails You Lose': In 9/11 Case, KSM Won't Walk Free Even If Found Not Guilty - Declassified Blog - Newsweek.com
There are other charges they could face. In theory, they could face various charges from various law enforcement bodies for the rest of their natural lives.

There are other charges they could face. In theory, they could face various charges from various law enforcement bodies for the rest of their natural lives.

hey.....in theory we could charge them with forcing eve to eat the forbidden fruit.....in theory.....

unfortunately for you, holder stated quite clearly that it wasn't about that, they would not let them go and he clearly said the courts do not have the power to release them.....

how quaint....ravi supports the idea of charging a criminal, and then if that criminal if found not guilty, just let the government keep trying them for every other concievable crime forever and ever until they are found guilty

:cuckoo:

hey.....in theory we could charge them with forcing eve to eat the forbidden fruit.....in theory.....

unfortunately for you, holder stated quite clearly that it wasn't about that, they would not let them go and he clearly said the courts do not have the power to release them.....

how quaint....ravi supports the idea of charging a criminal, and then if that criminal if found not guilty, just let the government keep trying them for every other concievable crime forever and ever until they are found guilty

:cuckoo:

This is all starting to sound very familiar...

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"

alice_lg.jpg

What the fuck is this stupid shit?

So, does he want to try these guys in court just to give the courts practice? What a waste of money and energy!

Unless they want to use these terrorist courts as a practice court for law schools. It might be good practice for the young trial lawyers in training.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

So, does he want to try these guys in court just to give the courts practice? What a waste of money and energy!

Unless they want to use these terrorist courts as a practice court for law schools. It might be good practice for the young trial lawyers in training.

exactly....this is why i don't understand why so many libs are defending this circus

what is interesting, is that the link is newsweek, a far left wing rag

exactly....this is why i don't understand why so many libs are defending this circus

I have yet to see anyone defend it on USMB...maybe I missed it.

It was defended by a couple folks on another thread. Can't remember who they were. Crap with names.

Last edited:

it was another thread....quite a few libs were defending it and they kept ignoring this statement by holder, so i gave its own thread and those guys haven't shown they're face here....

further, read my sig....ravi outright defends it

Last edited:
Nice, Yurt...take what I said and add your own interpretation. There's a word for that.

btw, I don't care where he gets tried, I care that I am convinced that he is a terrorist before he is executed or put in prison for life.

That's it Ravi, be proud of your golden boy, your great fanatical hope, as he sets up American's who have already paid too high of a price, to be harmed even more.

Go back to chasing Palin's shadow so you don't have to watch the sad reality of your golden boy, Obama!

Mike

Multiple charges, multiple jurisdictions - incredibly simple legal concept. Beyond the reach of some?

People fear and react with anger to what they do not understand - explains a lot of the posts I see on these boards.

Multiple charges, multiple jurisdictions - incredibly simple legal concept. Beyond the reach of some?

People fear and react with anger to what they do not understand - explains a lot of the posts I see on these boards.

stop lying....that is not what holder said, you're offering your own excuse which is not substantiated by what holder's reasonings were for saying he would not walk free even if found not guilty....

it might be a reason, but holder was emphatic on the reasons stated in the OP, you're just being flat out dishonest....and apparently take ravi approach to criminal justice by believing it is ok for a government to eternally keep trying you in multiple jurisdicitions or for multiple charges until you are found guilty....

Nice, Yurt...take what I said and add your own interpretation. There's a word for that.

btw, I don't care where he gets tried, I care that I am convinced that he is a terrorist before he is executed or put in prison for life.

your words speak for themselves ravi...it is telling you don't offer any other so called interpretation....you defend holder's statement by saying they could for their entire natural lives continue to be charged over and over in multiple jurisdictions for multiple charges until they are found guilty....

that is a mockery of our justice system and a waste of judicial time and resources...and while it may not technically violate double jeapardy, i have no doubt that if done numerous times, a court would find it to be malicious prosecution

My guess is that if Obama's team believes they made a mistake in bringing this guy to trial in NY, this guy will not see his second day in court.

My guess is that if Obama's team believes they made a mistake in bringing this guy to trial in NY, this guy will not see his second day in court.

according to ravi and dogfight...it doesn't matter if he found innocent...the government can continue to charge them for different crimes in different jurisidictions for the remainder of their natural life....

see my sig

Forum List

Back