Kroger charges you for BLM.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Better watch your receipts.

1595569667212.png

Gracie.....is this your receipt? Just asking, cause I've seen something similar but had to do with the 'coin shortage' and stores rounding up purchases

Isn''t on my receipt. What state is this? Mine doesn't charge sales tax on food items or newspapers. Probably an item.

I was thinking it's the change from handing the cashier 3 dollars in bills. $2.39 plus 2 cents from $3.00 = 59 cents.

I was thinking it's the change from handing the cashier 3 dollars in bills. $2.39 plus 2 cents from $3.00 = 59 cents.
Not if it's listed before tax.........which is suspicious in and of itself. I don't think any state can tax a surcharge......or whatever you want to call it......can they???

View attachment 366613

Are you party of the rumpers really that stupid? Of course you are. If you add up all the charges including the BLM charge you will notice that it's rounded up the nearest dollar. No coinage will be taken nor given. It has nothing to do with Black Lives matter. If you don't want the BLM charge pay by plastic.

Kroger responds to viral picture showing coinage fee

Kroger is now responding to a Facebook post where a woman says that she was charged $0.38 for a coin shortage fee – even though she paid with a credit card.

Kroger recently made the decision to not return customers' change due to a coin shortage, instead offering them the option to donate that money to charity or have it applied to their loyalty cards.

Officials with Kroger say the charge was a mistake, as the policy is still new.

"It is not a fee; we're not charging anything,” Eric Halvorson said, a Kroger Spokesperson. “This is just adapting to the shortage of coins in the system and we're trying to be as creative as we can to help work through this."

If you do not want to lose any change, it is recommended that you pay with a credit or debit card at Kroger.

So go ahead and be stupid. And don't go to any Krogers or City Markets. I use Safeway and Safeway would like to take customers money, even the stupid one.

Not if it's listed before tax.........which is suspicious in and of itself. I don't think any state can tax a surcharge......or whatever you want to call it......can they???

Don't know, I'm just guessing; it has an 'R' out there to the left, which might mean 'Register' or something. Programmers can put stuff anywhere they want. My receipts usually list how much cash was received as well as change given back.

View attachment 366613

Are you party of the rumpers really that stupid? Of course you are. If you add up all the charges including the BLM charge you will notice that it's rounded up the nearest dollar. No coinage will be taken nor given. It has nothing to do with Black Lives matter. If you don't want the BLM charge pay by plastic.

Kroger is now responding to a Facebook post where a woman says that she was charged $0.38 for a coin shortage fee – even though she paid with a credit card.

Kroger recently made the decision to not return customers' change due to a coin shortage, instead offering them the option to donate that money to charity or have it applied to their loyalty cards.

"It is not a fee; we're not charging anything,” Eric Halvorson said, a Kroger Spokesperson. “This is just adapting to the shortage of coins in the system and we're trying to be as creative as we can to help work through this."

If you do not want to lose any change, it is recommended that you pay with a credit or debit card at Kroger.

So go ahead and be stupid. And don't go to any Krogers or City Markets. I use Safeway and Safeway would like to take customers money, even the stupid one.
No need to be rude. Thank you for clearing it up.

Asshole.

View attachment 366613

But did you notice the receipt in the video in your link......even though the charge is for coin shortage, the total on the bill is $88.75.....and that is a different receipt from Gracies and another one I've seen.

Safeway has been asking for months if you want to round up your bill, long before this so called shortage.

95% of the time I pay cash when I shop and haven't had a problem getting change back, yet and none of my receipts included any extra charges

View attachment 366613

No need to be rude. Thank you for clearing it up.

Asshole.

Thank you for your thanks. It's what all us Assholes live for. To correct stupid people who don't even know they are stupid.
I prefer ignorant. So, for assholes, here's a lesson:

Stupid: incapable of learning anything.

Ignorant: able to learn, uninformed on a subject.

Asshole: dickwad that is rude and has a mouth that smells of excrement.

Thank you for your thanks. It's what all us Assholes live for. To correct stupid people who don't even know they are stupid.

And you know you're not stupid? Is because you have a note from your Mom that says so?

I don't know about that but according to the United States Air Force, I wasn't stupid enough to be drafted. As for sane, after a very trumatic incident, I went though some serious treatment but I was issued a letter saying I was sane. It's on file with the VA as well. Do YOU have a government or medical issued letter saying that YOU aren't insane? That was part of paying for Freedom. And I got off light, others paid a different way. Your Freedom to make a damned fool of yourself is paid in full but don't make such a habit of it.

And you know you're not stupid? Is because you have a note from your Mom that says so?

I don't know about that but according to the United States Air Force, I wasn't stupid enough to be drafted. As for sane, after a very trumatic incident, I went though some serious treatment but I was issued a letter saying I was sane. It's on file with the VA as well. Do YOU have a government or medical issued letter saying that YOU aren't insane? That was part of paying for Freedom. And I got off light, others paid a different way. Your Freedom to make a damned fool of yourself is paid in full but don't make such a habit of it.
You actually got paperwork from the Air Force saying you weren't crazy, and referring to your IQ???

And they said they didn't want you???

Forum List

Back