Krauthammer: Obama's Town Hall Answer Longer Than Gettysburg Address

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3w32hdKu3I]YouTube - Krauthammer: Obama's Town Hall Answer Longer Than Gettysburg Address[/ame]

Charles Krauthammer on the president’s jibber-jabbering:

“I don’t know why your surprised. It’s only nine times longer than the Gettysburg Address. And, after all Lincoln was answering an easier question on the higher purpose of the union and soldiers that fall in battle. Look the president had an easy answer. He could have said, “Hey I wanted to make history with health care and to do it and to make the CBO numbers look OK I had to raise your taxes. Sure it’s not a good time economically in the middle of a recession but politically I had to because I have a window a majority in Congress and I’m going to lose in November.” End of answer.”

from.
Gateway Pundit

Krauthammer is just admitting what we've all known about the right for a long time. All style, no substance. Which is why they drool over the "boldness" of Bush and Palin.

Krauthammer is just admitting what we've all known about the right for a long time. All style, no substance. Which is why they drool over the "boldness" of Bush and Palin.

I think you are referring to Chrissy (I get a tingle up my leg when the Obama speaks) Matthews.:lol:

Last edited:

You think Palin and Bush are all style and no substance? You think they speak better than Obama? :wtf:

You think Palin and Bush are all style and no substance?

Yes. They're able to throw out a shitton of catchphrases, but if you tried to pin them down on details (even the most minor ones), they'd be completely lost. Hell, Palin couldn't even name a single newspaper.

You think they speak better than Obama? :wtf:

Outside of the context of polished event speeches? Yes. Obama has the tendency to wander off on professorial tangents.

You think Palin and Bush are all style and no substance?

Yes. They're able to throw out a shitton of catchphrases, but if you tried to pin them down on details (even the most minor ones), they'd be completely lost. Hell, Palin couldn't even name a single newspaper.

You think they speak better than Obama? :wtf:

Outside of the context of polished event speeches? Yes. Obama has the tendency to wander off on professorial tangents.

omg, still with the stupid shit, Palin can't name a newspaper. Tell me again, what city was the Obama a mayor of? and what State was he a Governor of?:lol:

Last edited:
YouTube - Krauthammer: Obama's Town Hall Answer Longer Than Gettysburg Address

“I don’t know why your surprised. It’s only nine times longer than the Gettysburg Address. And, after all Lincoln was answering an easier question on the higher purpose of the union and soldiers that fall in battle. Look the president had an easy answer. He could have said, “Hey I wanted to make history with health care and to do it and to make the CBO numbers look OK I had to raise your taxes. Sure it’s not a good time economically in the middle of a recession but politically I had to because I have a window a majority in Congress and I’m going to lose in November.” End of answer.”

from.
Gateway Pundit

Maybe Barry thinks he gets paid by the minute on answers.

I miss the old rightwing talking point that Obama was good at speeches but bad on the details of issues.

Now it's the opposite, I guess. What a surprise. Wingnuts are like a bunch of gossipy old women who just HAVE to find something bad to say about the targets of their gossip, no matter what they do, damned/damned.

from.
Gateway Pundit

Obama sounded like a nervous kid who didn't have the answer so he just kept talking while making crap up. He's such an embarrassment. Everyone had hoped that he would be good, but even Obama makes Carter and Bush look good. This is truly a sad time for America.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Someone should remind the gargoyle Krauthammer that Lincoln's Gettysburg Address was the most eloquent demolishment of the perverted conservative concept of "state's rights" ever spoken.

By all rights conservatives should hate Lincoln more than they hate Obama.

Last edited:
I miss the old rightwing talking point that Obama was good at speeches but bad on the details of issues.

Now it's the opposite, I guess. What a surprise. Wingnuts are like a bunch of gossipy old women who just HAVE to find something bad to say about the targets of their gossip, no matter what they do, damned/damned.
What do you mean details?...Filibustering doesn't mean that you're conversant with the details of anything...It only means that you can yammer for a long time while saying nothing.

And that projecting comment about gossipy old women is particularly revealing. :eusa_think:

Does Krauthammer make his living with his mouth just like any politician?

He makes his living with his logic and intellect, notable achievements and successes, which is communicated through his mouth to other people of equal intellect.

Forum List

Back