Krauthammer: Obama's Town Hall Answer Longer Than Gettysburg Address

God forbid a politician should explain exactly what he means, and not use short little media-friendly talking points.

...did you actually listen to the 17 minute "response"???

It wandered aimlessly, with much talk of holes in the roof and snow falling in, and repeating the same pointless points over and over again - and then even more odd moments where you could actually see the dazed and confused hamster drunkenly spinning the rodent wheel that is Obama's brain as the president went into a prolonged use of the word, "uuhhhhhhhh..."

This president is a moron.

Talk about revisionist history!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!

Any honest person would have to admit that all recorded history is revisionist in nature.

What Mencken claims is supported by intellectual honesty. Mencken was no fan of the South of his day nor would he be a fan of the South today (IMNSHO). Mencken's comments on the Confederacy are an intellectual exercise in honesty. Your comments need a context, for without a context your comments make you look like an ass.

Do you not agree that the Confederacy was fighting for the right to own slaves and engage in the slave trade in the slave states and the new territories?

Which is diametrically opposite of 'the right to govern themselves'. They wanted to right to continue to subjugate others. As for context, your response shows you, like other history revisionsts, know exactly what you're attempting to revise. And that make you look like the ass.

The Confederacy was fighting for 'the right to govern themselves'--- in the context of those times. I will not waste my time or yours explaining history. You are speaking about the slaves, and the points being disputed were talking about the Confederacy.

Unfortunately for your argument, slaves didn't count for much in the Confederacy.

Talk about revisionist history!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!

Any honest person would have to admit that all recorded history is revisionist in nature.

What Mencken claims is supported by intellectual honesty. Mencken was no fan of the South of his day nor would he be a fan of the South today (IMNSHO). Mencken's comments on the Confederacy are an intellectual exercise in honesty. Your comments need a context, for without a context your comments make you look like an ass.

Do you not agree that the Confederacy was fighting for the right to own slaves and engage in the slave trade in the slave states and the new territories?

Mencken was an acerbic critic of the damn near everything, the South included.

As are most rational men

Charles Krauthammer on the president’s jibber-jabbering:

“I don’t know why your surprised. It’s only nine times longer than the Gettysburg Address. And, after all Lincoln was answering an easier question on the higher purpose of the union and soldiers that fall in battle. Look the president had an easy answer. He could have said, “Hey I wanted to make history with health care and to do it and to make the CBO numbers look OK I had to raise your taxes. Sure it’s not a good time economically in the middle of a recession but politically I had to because I have a window a majority in Congress and I’m going to lose in November.” End of answer.”

from.
Gateway Pundit

Obama sounded like a nervous kid who didn't have the answer so he just kept talking while making crap up. He's such an embarrassment. Everyone had hoped that he would be good, but even Obama makes Carter and Bush look good. This is truly a sad time for America.

Kinda like her?

[youtube]lj3iNxZ8Dww[/youtube]

YouTube - Krauthammer: Obama's Town Hall Answer Longer Than Gettysburg Address

Charles Krauthammer on the president’s jibber-jabbering:

“I don’t know why your surprised. It’s only nine times longer than the Gettysburg Address. And, after all Lincoln was answering an easier question on the higher purpose of the union and soldiers that fall in battle. Look the president had an easy answer. He could have said, “Hey I wanted to make history with health care and to do it and to make the CBO numbers look OK I had to raise your taxes. Sure it’s not a good time economically in the middle of a recession but politically I had to because I have a window a majority in Congress and I’m going to lose in November.” End of answer.”

from.
Gateway Pundit

Yes, and he NEVER answered the question. Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn.:lol:

You think Palin and Bush are all style and no substance?

Yes. They're able to throw out a shitton of catchphrases, but if you tried to pin them down on details (even the most minor ones), they'd be completely lost. Hell, Palin couldn't even name a single newspaper.

You think they speak better than Obama? :wtf:

Outside of the context of polished event speeches? Yes. Obama has the tendency to wander off on professorial tangents.

omg, still with the stupid shit, Palin can't name a newspaper. Tell me again, what city was the Obama a mayor of? and what State was he a Governor of?:lol:

What state legislator was Palin a part of? When was she in the U.S. Senate?

Legislators and Senators are not Executive positions.

Obama has never even managed a donut shop; he has no clue what being accountable for results means.

Yes. They're able to throw out a shitton of catchphrases, but if you tried to pin them down on details (even the most minor ones), they'd be completely lost. Hell, Palin couldn't even name a single newspaper.

Outside of the context of polished event speeches? Yes. Obama has the tendency to wander off on professorial tangents.

omg, still with the stupid shit, Palin can't name a newspaper. Tell me again, what city was the Obama a mayor of? and what State was he a Governor of?:lol:

omg, as we have seen from some of the dumbest congress critters speaking today, you act like it is some big whoop to be a friggen SENATOR.:lol:

omg, as we have seen from some of the dumbest congress critters speaking today, you act like it is some big whoop to be a friggen SENATOR.:lol:

It's a lot bigger achievement that serving as the mayor of a town of five people and a goat.

Obama has never even managed a donut shop; he has no clue what being accountable for results means.

Obama's state senate district had ten times the number of people Wasilla does.

State senators neither make nor implement decisions. The gather in packs and vote on things in such a way that the all have Plausible Deniability.

And when one does get caught, the rest all run for the shadows like rats.

congress critters? It's about time somebody told you---when you post like a prepubescent child, you're not taken seriously as an adult.

:eusa_whistle:

State senators neither make nor implement decisions. The gather in packs and vote on things in such a way that the all have Plausible Deniability.

Mayors don't make decisions either, city councils do. Mayors just run the day-to-day operations.

Mayors don't make decisions either, city councils do. Mayors just run the day-to-day operations.

It depends upon the city.

Obama never even ran day to day operations.

your contempt for America and it's institutions is astounding.

why don't you pack up and move back in time to Fascist Italy, or Franco's Spain?

Forum List

Back