Koch: "I smell Munich in the air..."

Feb 28, 2009
[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=50aWlYBa8nw]YouTube - NYC Mayor (D) Blasts Obama's Abandonment Of Israel & Jew Support For Obama[/ame]

This statement from the former mayor of NY made Cavuto blink and twitch more than Nancy Pelosi, and made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up as I watched it live.

I had to rewind it to hear it again, and yes.... Koch definitely evoked Munich. What does he mean? Is he comparing Obama to Hitler? Can't be.

I think he's comparing Obama to Chamberlain, who gave the massive concessions to Hitler at Munich, then declared, "peace in our time."

However, wasn't it also Munich where Hitler made his "final solution" speech? And also was pretty much the birthplace of the Nazi party in the 20s? Yes it was.

Definitely also, it was Munich in 1972 where the PLO took hostage 11 Israeli athletes and killed them all during the botched W. Germany rescue attempt. The three PLO members who were captured were released that same year, in another appeasement move to get a hijacked jet back.

Koch represents the vast majority of moderate democrats out there, and his statements over the last few months should greatly alarm any Obama fan.

If you lose the moderates, you lose everything.

He is comparing to Chamberlain.

I don't feel the Israelis are going to make the same mistake the Czecks did.

If 0bama pushes too hard, he will be the bigger looser. And if the Arabs think they can make hay while the US is not thinking clearly, they will be bigger losers yet.

• Banned
He is comparing to Chamberlain.
Glad you agree with my conclusion.

The bigger question for me at least is: Appeasement of IslamoNazis is more important to President Obama than his largest voting bloc, which was the Jewish community?

Seems really self-defeating.

• Banned
I think he's comparing Obama to Chamberlain, who gave the massive concessions to Hitler at Munich, then declared, "peace in our time."

I thought that Obama was Hitler.
If Koch were a R instead of a D, he would be accused of comparing Obama to Hitler, be called a racist, everything else.

As it is, he has quite a point. AND tons of influence.

• Banned
This menstruation's entire policy on Israel IMO gives Hillary Clinton plenty of cannon fodder should she choose to run for the Democrat nomination in 2012.

You saw Koch there, deflecting any responsibility or blame off Hillary already.

The balance of power in the Dem party is starting to shift.

This menstruation's entire policy on Israel IMO gives Hillary Clinton plenty of cannon fodder should she choose to run for the Democrat nomination in 2012.

A Democratic Haiku

What our party needs,
An incompetent failure,
Next amoral bitch.

A Democratic Haiku

What our party needs,
An incompetent failure,
Next amoral bitch.
I don't see President Obama as a failure. He's accomplishing exactly what he intends to do.

There WILL be unintended consequences, but I believe he and his think tank have weighed those, and figure it's worth the risks.

There is no way the Jewish vote in this country will in large measure go for Republicans. Small numbers of non religious jews might vote Republican, but in large measure, the ideal of the Republican party are antithetical to normal Jewish views on social responsibility. They aren't going to not vote. So if 0bama is the nominee, he still has them locked into his corner. Maybe holding their noses, but they will still be there.

They can't claim ignorance of his antisemitism. It was wide open and obvious during the campaign. They just have bigger things on their plate than one jerk's problems.

YouTube - NYC Mayor (D) Blasts Obama's Abandonment Of Israel & Jew Support For Obama

This statement from the former mayor of NY made Cavuto blink and twitch more than Nancy Pelosi, and made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up as I watched it live.

I had to rewind it to hear it again, and yes.... Koch definitely evoked Munich. What does he mean? Is he comparing Obama to Hitler? Can't be.

However, wasn't it also Munich where Hitler made his "final solution" speech? And also was pretty much the birthplace of the Nazi party in the 20s? Yes it was.

Definitely also, it was Munich in 1972 where the PLO took hostage 11 Israeli athletes and killed them all during the botched W. Germany rescue attempt. The three PLO members who were captured were released that same year, in another appeasement move to get a hijacked jet back.

Koch represents the vast majority of moderate democrats out there, and his statements over the last few months should greatly alarm any Obama fan.

I love Ed. He's a great guy. But Ed isn't moderate. He's campaigned for neo-cons pretty consistently lately.

and obama hasn't 'lost the moderates'. he never had ed.

YouTube - NYC Mayor (D) Blasts Obama's Abandonment Of Israel & Jew Support For Obama

Thank you for putting that up. I watched it today and thought seriously of what the former Democratic Mayor of New York City for (14 years I think, give or take a couple ) had to say.
I will watch this video again and let it sink in. :) What an eye opener. Is he confirming what many think?

I love Ed. He's a great guy. But Ed isn't moderate. He's campaigned for neo-cons pretty consistently lately.

and obama hasn't 'lost the moderates'. he never had ed.

"Obama hasnt lost the moderates"????????????

laughing_man3-2.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back