Knowing is better than believing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am interested in religion, why would I enter a thread topic where atheists clearly wish to discuss non-belief, any more than I would enter a thread whose topic was flat earth?

Atheism is belief.

Discussing atheism goes hand in hand with religion. It's impossible to separate the two.

Believing there is no God is the same as believing there is a God, in my opinion.

Not a point in dispute.

Yes it is.

You deleted my post. You literally told me "YOU CANNOT DISCUSS THIS HERE".

A post that is called "knowing is better than believing" and the OP wrote:

"I had a near death experience that confirmed everything for me. Not having any specific beliefs about the "so-called" afterlife I actually experienced what really exists. And I asked questions, which were all answered."

We're discussing near death experiences. I discussed near death experiences. Only I didn't do it in the way you want.

Now I'm being accused of "hijacking threads".

Sorry, the point here with you is that you're telling me I can't discuss what you don't like. We've spoken about this already.

I am not talking about the page, I am talking about the thread topic. If the topic is near death experiences, why would I come into that thread to read about whey they don't really exist? I have already read all the subject on that, but I am interested in hearing about NDE I haven't yet come across.

What is the thread topic?

"knowing is better than believing".

OP writes he had a near death experience. I come on and speak about NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCES.

Can you believe this?

I ignore all cut and pastes, because my interest lies in the poster's own views, not the cut and pastes from non-members. If I want information, I find my own sources.

That's fine. I will ignore people who I feel don't contribute anything to a decent conversation.

You don't want to back up your arguments, the debate isn't going to go on for very long.

Fine. I don't expect people to have a good conversation with me. But I do stop talking to those where I don't get anything from a debate.

Now I'm being accused of "hijacking threads".
I've explained this to you probably a dozen times now and you refuse to accept that you are not permitted to change the topic of a thread. The topic was his NDE, not whether or not they are real, which is what you wanted to discuss. I'm done explaining this to you.

OP writes he had a near death experience. I come on and speak about NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCES.
You tried to change the topic of the discussion, which was his personal NDE experience, and instead have a conversation about the validity of his NDE claim and those like them. You were off-topic.

I've explained this to you probably a dozen times now and you refuse to accept that you are not permitted to change the topic of a thread. The topic was his NDE, not whether or not they are real, which is what you wanted to discuss. I'm done explaining this to you.

How did I change the topic of the thread?

The topic of the thread is near death experience. I spoke about near death experiences. I merely said that people have such experiences and that they're like dreams. They're not experience God, and the OP didn't say he experienced God. He said he had a near death experience without saying WHAT that near death experience was.

I said I experienced flying in dreams. That a near death experience could potentially be similar to my dreams.

That's the topic. NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCES.

THAT WHAT I SPOKE ABOUT.

You tried to change the topic of the discussion, which was his personal NDE experience, and instead have a conversation about the validity of his NDE claim and those like them. You were off-topic.

So, you cannot question what someone says on here? So you're telling me I can only say what you want me to say?

I stuck to the topic, you say I didn't, I say I did, you change tact and say now that I questioned the validity of what he said instead.

So, again. Someone says "Trump is an idiot", I cannot say "you're wrong"???????

Come off it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back