Know any "good" rap?

I was recently censured for being obvious. I am not urging people to murder or burn down cities. Nope. Just criticizing an "art form" Rap.. They constantly use the N word. Am I being nicy nicy enough?
"X-Is Coming"
DMX
"Man, if we was up north, niggas would have been fucked you/But then we in the streets, niggas should haven been stuck you/Plucked you like a chicken wit' your head cut off/They'll find you wit' your back open and your legs cut off/And as for your man, don't you ever in your mothafuckin' life/Know when I gotta gun come at me wit' a knife, a'ight?/And forgetting you ever saw me is the best thing to do/Don't give a fuck about your family, they'll be restin...yadda yadda yadda.
get the point. Nobody is trolling anyone, this is REAL and its very popular.

Good Rap is just another oxymoron ,, The is no such thing

Run DMC's version of Walk This Way is pretty decent and it's rap.

Matter of fact, there could be room for discussion how Aerosmith's version is a form of rap as well.

I hear rap, its boom boom booga shuga boom boom boom boom my dick is bigger nigg*r. Rape and riot shoot murder each other with the "N" word thrown around and either f*ck or kill the cops, Boom boom shuga boom boom boom boom ad nauseum. That's rap in a nutshell. How did that get so popular?

I hear rap, its boom boom booga shuga boom boom boom boom my dick is bigger nigg*r. Rape and riot shoot murder each other with the "N" word thrown around and either f*ck or kill the cops, Boom boom shuga boom boom boom boom ad nauseum. That's rap in a nutshell. How did that get so popular?

Guess you never heard the earlier rap when it first started. Rap, much like punk rock, was music for protest, and yeah a lot of the earlier songs were pretty decent.

And, like I said, RUN DMC did a pretty good job with converting Aerosmith's "Walk This Way" to rap.

There is this black guy driving a GMC past my house with a hugenormus LOUD radio going boom boom boom shaka laaka laka. Nigg*r tits, my nickname for this idiot. Its about the god damned volume and the sheer arrogance these idiots have. The sheer arrogance coupled with ignorance...is ASTOUNDING.

There is this black guy driving a GMC past my house with a hugenormus LOUD radio going boom boom boom shaka laaka laka. Nigg*r tits, my nickname for this idiot. Its about the god damned volume and the sheer arrogance these idiots have. The sheer arrogance coupled with ignorance...is ASTOUNDING.

Hey, I've heard everything from rap, to rock, to country music blaring out of cars and motorcycles going down my street. Rap listeners and black people aren't the only ones who blare their music out to the world.

My problem with rap, is the volume and it's seemingly mandatory. I never hear gospel, classical or soft rock like forced on us, I hate rap now, its in everything. Advertising, its ubiquitous , and it's shit. No talent in rap it forced on us...

My problem with rap, is the volume and it's seemingly mandatory. I never hear gospel, classical or soft rock like forced on us, I hate rap now, its in everything. Advertising, its ubiquitous , and it's shit. No talent in rap it forced on us...

It seems to me that crap appeals primarily to an audience that is under the impression that an utter absence of talent and musical value can be compensated for with excessive loudness.

I was recently censured for being obvious. I am not urging people to murder or burn down cities. Nope. Just criticizing an "art form" Rap.. They constantly use the N word. Am I being nicy nicy enough?
"X-Is Coming"
DMX
"Man, if we was up north, niggas would have been fucked you/But then we in the streets, niggas should haven been stuck you/Plucked you like a chicken wit' your head cut off/They'll find you wit' your back open and your legs cut off/And as for your man, don't you ever in your mothafuckin' life/Know when I gotta gun come at me wit' a knife, a'ight?/And forgetting you ever saw me is the best thing to do/Don't give a fuck about your family, they'll be restin...yadda yadda yadda.
get the point. Nobody is trolling anyone, this is REAL and its very popular.

Good Rap is just another oxymoron ,, The is no such thing

Run DMC's version of Walk This Way is pretty decent and it's rap.

Matter of fact, there could be room for discussion how Aerosmith's version is a form of rap as well.

Arguably Aerosmith is one of the most overrated rock groups ever.

I have a lot of foot traffic and cars doing the same where I am at. We have lots of little raids in the neighborhood. I don't need television we have our own shows. On the one hand I want to go outside and choke the bejeezes out of people. On the other hand, it's like it's own little warning system. The guy across the street plays classic rock loudly and works on cars until 11:00 pm and three houses down it's the Latino Hits. So..........we have it all here.

Do rappers even know what keys their "songs" are in?

Do they know any music theory at all?

I think that's an interesting question. If it matters in rap, does it also matter in rock and roll? That's the bigger question.

People like Flavor Fav mastered 15 instruments. He didn't need a theory. He had his own theory. Then there are rappers that are simply poets. I think Common is a poet. So, does he have to know music theory?

I'm not an expert by a longshot. I just like what I like and I'm all over the place musically.

Yes, theory matters in rock and roll. Rock and roll is music.

Rappers don't produce songs. They produce beats.

A few rappers may have some musical talent, but to my mind, by and large, rap "music" is far from sophisticated.

I thought rap was social commentary.

Maybe so.

Kind of like Black Lives Matter is social commentary.

New Topics

Forum List

Back