Know any "good" rap?

I was recently censured for being obvious. I am not urging people to murder or burn down cities. Nope. Just criticizing an "art form" Rap.. They constantly use the N word. Am I being nicy nicy enough?
"X-Is Coming"
DMX
"Man, if we was up north, niggas would have been fucked you/But then we in the streets, niggas should haven been stuck you/Plucked you like a chicken wit' your head cut off/They'll find you wit' your back open and your legs cut off/And as for your man, don't you ever in your mothafuckin' life/Know when I gotta gun come at me wit' a knife, a'ight?/And forgetting you ever saw me is the best thing to do/Don't give a fuck about your family, they'll be restin...yadda yadda yadda.
get the point. Nobody is trolling anyone, this is REAL and its very popular.

I always like Karl Rove's rapping.

I don't listen rap, but this one is good.

Kanye West - Follow God - Sunday Service Live

Yeah. He should have done excerpts of the future FLOTUS taking a sip of diet coke after finishing off X Jay...or Jayz...or TZ... whatever.They say(he says) he's the new Moses....Maybe HIS stone tablet will get tossed down and break his head

Do rappers even know what keys their "songs" are in?

Do they know any music theory at all?

I think that's an interesting question. If it matters in rap, does it also matter in rock and roll? That's the bigger question.

People like Flavor Fav mastered 15 instruments. He didn't need a theory. He had his own theory. Then there are rappers that are simply poets. I think Common is a poet. So, does he have to know music theory?

I'm not an expert by a longshot. I just like what I like and I'm all over the place musically.

I think that's an interesting question. If it matters in rap, does it also matter in rock and roll? That's the bigger question.

People like Flavor Fav mastered 15 instruments. He didn't need a theory. He had his own theory. Then there are rappers that are simply poets. I think Common is a poet. So, does he have to know music theory?

I'm not an expert by a longshot. I just like what I like and I'm all over the place musically.

Yes, theory matters in rock and roll. Rock and roll is music.

Rappers don't produce songs. They produce beats.

A few rappers may have some musical talent, but to my mind, by and large, rap "music" is far from sophisticated.

A few rappers may have some musical talent, but to my mind, by and large, rap "music" is far from sophisticated.

Well, there are a lot of rock and roll musicians that need to go. Eric Clapton, Elvis, John Lennon, etc.

I don't think rap music is very sophisticated either. I'm not a huge fan of what is on the market now. It's repetitive.

I like jazz rap fusion. I dislike bubble gum pop and a bunch of oversimplified rock and roll. Unless there is a horn in it. Anything with a trumpet and almost anything with a sax and trombone is the be all and end all.

A person doesn't need to know music theory to make music, nor to make good music.

I thought rap was social commentary.

Rap borrowed a lot of stuff from punk rock when it first started, and yes, it was social commentary before it became about drugs, money and ho's.

Rap when it first started was a protest, and I had a lot of respect for it. Now? They have gone off the rails to promote their own bullshit.

I like the rap from the 70's and early 80's. Stuff after the 90's? I have no use for.

This may not be the right place to leave such a song, but if you give it a listen, you might understand why I picked it. Since rap is not really singing, I shared this song because only half of the song is sung. The rest of it is nothing but talking and awesome music at least in my own opinion. :) :) :)

God bless you and Aaron always!!!

Holly

I was recently censured for being obvious. I am not urging people to murder or burn down cities. Nope. Just criticizing an "art form" Rap.. They constantly use the N word. Am I being nicy nicy enough?
"X-Is Coming"
DMX
"Man, if we was up north, niggas would have been fucked you/But then we in the streets, niggas should haven been stuck you/Plucked you like a chicken wit' your head cut off/They'll find you wit' your back open and your legs cut off/And as for your man, don't you ever in your mothafuckin' life/Know when I gotta gun come at me wit' a knife, a'ight?/And forgetting you ever saw me is the best thing to do/Don't give a fuck about your family, they'll be restin...yadda yadda yadda.
get the point. Nobody is trolling anyone, this is REAL and its very popular.

Good Rap is just another oxymoron ,, The is no such thing

Forum List

Back