Know any "good" rap?

Literally, when I get censured for mentioning the vile, repellent verbiage rap artists use, you know something is wrong. I don't blame the moderators, not at all. I am still here...

Hey Mary, post 11 has the video "Switch" by Will Smith. I urge you to listen to it, as you may find it's a pretty decent tune. (And yes, I'm a white boy from Montana, now living in Texas, and there are some rap songs I really enjoy.)
Human beings write some awesome stuff sometimes, true. I like "And the lamb lies down on Broadway" by Genesis... Totally 70's song not pushing racial hate or divisiveness or riots. Some mellow white guys not advocating hurting people and using self deprecating racial slurs as terms of endearment or advocating violence. Because that is what kind what decent people do.

Same goes for any music genre.
Some of it sucks,and some of it doesn't.
What point were you trying to make?
Meh...no need to answer,I know exactly where you were coming from.
I'm not the one who created this thread.

Shouldn't this be directed at the OP?

BTW, you never answered the question.

I can only assume that you find heavy metal to be quite bad, based on your response.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I like Tupac. His rap focused on life in the hood, not bitches and hos. He released "Thug Life" which sounds terrible until you find out that it was an acronym for " The Hate U Give Little Infants Fucks Everybody ".

I was recently censured for being obvious. I am not urging people to murder or burn down cities. Nope. Just criticizing an "art form" Rap.. They constantly use the N word. Am I being nicy nicy enough?
"X-Is Coming"
DMX
"Man, if we was up north, niggas would have been fucked you/But then we in the streets, niggas should haven been stuck you/Plucked you like a chicken wit' your head cut off/They'll find you wit' your back open and your legs cut off/And as for your man, don't you ever in your mothafuckin' life/Know when I gotta gun come at me wit' a knife, a'ight?/And forgetting you ever saw me is the best thing to do/Don't give a fuck about your family, they'll be restin...yadda yadda yadda.
get the point. Nobody is trolling anyone, this is REAL and its very popular.

Many people don't know Fab Five Freddy and Deborah Harry were good friends and rapped together in the mid 70's club scene i NYC. The rap lyrics on this song were the first commercial rap sound that went real real main stream. Blondie never got her due really. She sang the lyrics on the first take. Freddy was totally blown away.

Enjoy this outstanding live take.

Actually not so much. But I am hearing JUST rap music pushing local car adds or dental hygiene adds aimed at little kids. This is the kind of message we want to send children?
Well, what are the messages in the ads?

I am not hearing Death metal pushing dental hygiene or car adds. How did rap become so popular? Artless and soulless, How did rap become some popular?
Post the lyrics to those dental hygiene or car adds then, let's see what all the fuss is about.
Its the form and the attitude, bubba. They are like, buy my car, brush your teeth.. but not saying the magic word that rappers use ...but gets you pulled by nice wonderful moderators because its a TOS violation. Not going there anymore.

I can only assume that you find heavy metal to be quite bad, based on your response.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I answered the question.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You directed the question to me ya limp brained idiot,

Care to post some heavy metal lyrics?
I'm not a rap fan. I do however like some, on occasion.

I am a heavy metal fan. I listen daily, in fact arch angel is playing in the background as I type this.

Both have some lyrics we would be better off without.

I think people who don't listen to metal might be surprised at how often lyrics can be political, insightful, even upbeat. The same is probably true of rap, a genre I am not into.

Forum List

Back