Knives. best Hunting knife

1614313021923.png

The four pocket clip-ons are on my person at all times. The fuzzy handled knife is my fishing/fillet knife. The two bowies have been my choice for serious hunting trips. Skinning knife at bottom.

View attachment 461769

The four pocket clip-ons are on my person at all times. The fuzzy handled knife is my fishing/fillet knife. The two bowies have been my choice for serious hunting trips. Skinning knife at bottom.

Cool. 2nd one up does it for me. I'll have my knife shop up and going again soon (moved) www.hermitriver.com galleries and thumbs at the bottom.

I carry a sharpfinger every day.

That's a good knife, and about $20 if I recall. I never understood these guys who spend $4-500 on a knife to take hunting. Same guys who use a $4,000 rifle that shoots better than they ever will, probably.

My EDK knife is a Benchmade Osborne axis lock. It cost me 200 bucks almost 25 years ago. I have used it and used it and even abused it, and it is still going strong. That's why I buy 200 dollar knives. They are tools. The better they are, the longer they last. Like the old adage says, "beware the man with one knife. He probably knows how to use it".

Cool, man. My point is that a tool doesn't always need to be expensive to be good. I use a Morakniv carbon steel knife for hunting. It functions beautifully and set me back $16.

nz-cmg-cs-65_1.jpg
Its going to rust. Expensive knives wont. Carbon steel is also soft. That thing will bend or break if you use it too hard.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
...or i should have said "cheap carbon steel is soft". You want at least 1095 carbon steel, which will also rust if you dont oil it, but its easy to remove.

The Mora is one of the few knives in this thread I'd actually consider buying. Though, admittedly, if I did I'd probably file more drop point on to it.

Eriksson's carbon steel blades are 1095 hardened to 59-60 on the Rockwell scale; Frosts' carbon steel blades are 1095 hardened to 58-59. Mora of Sweden uses 1095 carbon at 58-59 Rockwell. Eriksson's stainless is Sandvik 12C27 modified at 57-58 Rockwell. Frosts' stainless is Sandvik 12C27 at 56-58.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back