Kneel!

Not at all. Simply go beyond the Bible to what is known. For example, there are indications that there was only one tribe of the Israelites down in Egypt. There are odds and ends in the Bible that back this up.

yeah, but the problem here is that the Egyptians don't record them at all. In fact, there are very few references to Israel at all on Egyptian documents or monuments, of which we have plenty.

Biblical accounts are not daily journals of facts. They are stories, stories meant first to teach a truth(s), but in order to teach, were both memorable and entertaining. I have often thought there are, even today, no greater story tellers than our ancestors. We give them too little credit when sneering at them for having "Bronze Age Superstitions". There are also indications that some were much wiser as well.

I would love to have a bible land, where we take stupid Christian idiots like you and enforce the harsh laws of the old Testament...

Whoops. Daughter not a virgin on her wedding night? YOU have to stone her on the front door, just like the Bible says you have to.

Whoops. Get caught picking up sticks on the Sabbath? Stone your ass.

Superstitious fucking Bronze Age savages... We don't sneer at them enough.

Instead, you go out, you Disney-fy the stories to make them "Cute" and then you pretend that this is somehow supposed to be inspiring.

Your posts are adamant that the Bible be taught in public schools.
This is exactly why I am so bored. I am not adamant. I merely see something of value emerging from it. I am a great fan of knowledge. You, I see, do not care very much about it.
You see I don't care very much about it? Your opinion is your own, of course, but I don't see value in allowing charlatans from creation ministries degrade public school curriculums with religious fears and superstitions.

I don't see value in inundating public schools with competing religions taking time away from learning. If religions want to teach about Muhammud riding a winged horse or that men who lived to be 900 years old went sailing as a global flood wiped humanity from planet a few thousand years ago, that can be taught at a madrassah or Sunday school.

I do care about upholding the law and the Constitution is clear about teaching religion in public schools.

That's fine. I'll offer that attempts by creationist ministries to force the Bible into public schools is expressly for the purpose of indoctrination.
And that is news to you! Meanwhile I offer the means of thwarting them that using the very book they see as their man support. That you are against what I propose makes you their very firm ally. Personally, as you see, I stand against them.
Ahh, you want to force your correct and inerrant version of Christianity into the schools vs. competing versions which you have deemed incorrect.

How lucky that we have the constitution to referee the match between competing versions of Christianity. You're all ejected from the game.

yeah, but the problem here is that the Egyptians don't record them at all. In fact, there are very few references to Israel at all on Egyptian documents or monuments, of which we have plenty.
It is thought that the Levis were the tribe that was in Egypt. Levis, the priestly tribe, could not own land. Why would they be mentioned? Those who do not possess property are not much of a factor.

I would love to have a bible land, where we take stupid Christian idiots like you and enforce the harsh laws of the old Testament...

Whoops. Daughter not a virgin on her wedding night? YOU have to stone her on the front door, just like the Bible says you have to.

Whoops. Get caught picking up sticks on the Sabbath? Stone your ass.

Superstitious fucking Bronze Age savages... We don't sneer at them enough.

Instead, you go out, you Disney-fy the stories to make them "Cute" and then you pretend that this is somehow supposed to be inspiring.
Shrug. These laws have never been part of the Christian heritage. Those of the Jewish faith will tell you that first, they were laws for a specific people for a specific time. They will also point to other records that show that if there were even two deaths in seventy years from these laws, it was considered a bloody court. Some Jewish scholars explain that the harshness of the punishment was a way to convey the importance of that law for their society.

What I note is that, other than you, I have never known any Jew or Gentile who wishes them on anyone with the glee you exhibit and wish on people today.

I don't see value in allowing charlatans from creation ministries degrade public school curriculums with religious fears and superstitions.
Nor do I. However, I have not been discussing or advocating any such thing. Just the opposite. And you have been adamantly against the opposite. Therefore, you must be in favor of the former. You cannot have it both ways.

I don't see value in inundating public schools with competing religions taking time away from learning.
Neither do I. That is why I am not advocating this as a way of teaching religion. I have mentioned several times that I am very much against it. (Note, if someone is against something, they cannot be for it.)

I don't see value in inundating public schools with competing religions taking time away from learning. If religions want to teach about Muhammud riding a winged horse or that men who lived to be 900 years old went sailing as a global flood wiped humanity from planet a few thousand years ago, that can be taught at a madrassah or Sunday school.
Already discussed at least twice. No reason to give yet another opportunity to entirely miss the point yet again. It has already been established no global flood, no living for centuries, etc. However, you seem cling to what you learned and are still embracing it with your whole heart. You have no wish for anyone to learn anything different from what someone taught you.

I do care about upholding the law and the Constitution is clear about teaching religion in public schools.
Except, you do not even care what the Constitution actually says, or the parameters around any SCOTUS ruling (i.e., why they ruled as they did).

Ahh, you want to force your correct and inerrant version of Christianity into the schools vs. competing versions which you have deemed incorrect.
Except, I have specifically said Christianity--or any interpretation thereof--will not be taught. Stop moving the goal posts, please.

I don't see value in allowing charlatans from creation ministries degrade public school curriculums with religious fears and superstitions.
Nor do I. However, I have not been discussing or advocating any such thing. Just the opposite. And you have been adamantly against the opposite. Therefore, you must be in favor of the former. You cannot have it both ways.
I've maintained consistently that religious teaching has no place in the public schools.

So there's that.

Except, I have specifically said Christianity--or any interpretation thereof--will not be taught. Stop moving the goal posts, please.
Why am I not convinced that your assurance of Christianity not being taught will be adhered to? Possibly because teaching Bible ''history'' is teaching Biblical Christianity?

It's disingenuous to suggest that teaching the Bible is separate from reaching religion. Stop moving the altar, please.

I've maintained consistently that religious teaching has no place in the public schools.
While from the start I have maintained I am not speaking of teaching religion. Why change the subject?

Why am I not convinced that your assurance of Christianity not being taught will be adhered to? Possibly because teaching Bible ''history'' is teaching Biblical Christianity?
Perhaps because you want to argue with someone about teaching Christianity? If so, that is not me and I am a waste of your time.

While from the start I have maintained I am not speaking of teaching religion. Why change the subject?
If you're going to use the Bible to teach history, there are a number of issues to address with the history of various societies / cultures that existed at the time of Noah's flood and have no record of any flood.

Think of this as a job interview for your Bible study course.

Perhaps because you want to argue with someone about teaching Christianity? If so, that is not me and I am a waste of your time.
Teaching Christianity in the public school is a waste of the court's time. They already ruled.

It is thought that the Levis were the tribe that was in Egypt. Levis, the priestly tribe, could not own land. Why would they be mentioned? Those who do not possess property are not much of a factor.

Except that's not what the Bible says. The bible says ALL the Tribes were in Egypt.

Shrug. These laws have never been part of the Christian heritage. Those of the Jewish faith will tell you that first, they were laws for a specific people for a specific time. They will also point to other records that show that if there were even two deaths in seventy years from these laws, it was considered a bloody court. Some Jewish scholars explain that the harshness of the punishment was a way to convey the importance of that law for their society.

What I note is that, other than you, I have never known any Jew or Gentile who wishes them on anyone with the glee you exhibit and wish on people today.

Oh, because it would be funny. "OH, we aren't going to KILL gay people like the Bible says, but man, we'll otherwise try to make their lives miserable.... because we's right with Jesus, who hated Mexicans and Gays just like we do!"

Trump has done a masterful job of responding to the chinese disease

150,000 dead Americans say otherwise.

when the left was going completely insane with fears of people dying at the doorsteps of hospitals waiting for a respirator the trump administration was massively increasing hospital beds by sending US Navy hospital ships and building temporary hospitals where needed

Uh, it was two ships, and they were ill-suited to the task. Most of the temporary hospitals were built by state officials.

Sorry, man the fact we are still losign 1000 people a day when most of the rest of the world has this thing under control, when Europe has to have a travel ban from the US< Trump has not done a "masterful" job.
hey dirt bag---what have you done to improve anything? nothing--trump has done more than most---once you get that the 20 somethings are not social distancing and actually spreading the virus--your brain might grow a little bit---two ships are better than what you sent!!!

Forum List

Back