kkk in vermont ??

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
burlington vermont yes, they are everywhere, and unacceptable. we have enough problems in the green mountain state without this shit.

burlington is a really progressive and pleasant city. politics aside, i have to side with the chief, this is low level terrorism, and it's unacceptable, anywhere,
and/or it's a really bad college town prank. either way, it stops now.

Jocellyn Harvey, 24, discovered the flier folded up in her mailbox Thursday night.

"When I first got it and thought it was just me I thought it was a really bad prank," Harvey said. "Once I found out another person was targeted, that's when it felt like a crime, this is not safe, this is stalking in a sense."

The disturbing delivery led community and faith leaders to call a news conference. Burlington's police chief said leaving the two posters was an act of terrorism.

KKK fliers left at homes of Burlington residents

Last edited:
Were the flyers urging people to vote Democratic?

You know. Because LBJ.

probably done by negroes with an agenda looking for attention..

I notice BLM was RIGHT ON TOP OF IT and criticizing the cops immediately...

Were the flyers urging people to vote Democratic?

You know. Because LBJ.

Actually...

LC963-600Border.jpg

White people can't commit acts of terror . See Walmart bomber guy!

probably done by negroes with an agenda looking for attention..

Police Seek Person of Interest in KKK Flier Distribution

635821675593937122-KKKsurveillence.jpg

(from a downtown copy center)​

I notice BLM was RIGHT ON TOP OF IT and criticizing the cops immediately...

That's because some BLM affiliate was a recipient of the literature. And the criticism was because it had been reported earlier and the report was ignored.

We did this before -- this isn't the first thread on it.

"Progressive" cities translate to old time democrat enclaves. Are the 50's and the 60's such ancient history that people don't remember that the democrat party is the party of the KKK?

"Progressive" cities translate to old time democrat enclaves. Are the 50's and the 60's such ancient history that people don't remember that the democrat party is the party of the KKK?

Virtually ALL cities are "Democrat enclaves", Sparky. In this case the current mayor who came in in 2012 is the first Democrat to hold that office since 1981. And the KKK has never had a political party.

Btw what do you think of post 5? Did you know the first President since Grant to prosecute the KKK was Lyndon Johnson?

Last edited:
There are racist hateful people on both sides of the Black/White issue...get use to this. This will grow, The divider and Chief Obama will make sure of it.

I'm very curious what was on the posters that leaving them was 'an act of terrorism'. The article didn't say.

I think "act of terrorism" is a bit of a stretch. It's more along the lines of "making terroristic threats".

Even then I'd like to know what was on the posters. Was it a recruiting thing, "Join the KKK!"? Maybe something only a little offensive, "We don't like blacks or Jews or *insert whatever group the KKK doesn't like here*"? Or was it more of a real thread, "We are going to run the minorities out of town, ruin their businesses, see their children shunned at school!"?

As ridiculous and potentially threatening as the KKK might be, considering a poster from the group to be terrorism or a terroristic threat just because it is from that group is a bit much. It just sounds like an overreaction to me with the dearth of information available.

The KKK has never had a party,
Not true...look it up. The KKK was started by the southern democrat party. Look it up.

rofl.gif

YOU are telling ME to "look this up"? You new here bub?

The Klan was started on Christmas Day 1865 in Pulaski Tennessee by six bored young (college age) Confederate war vets. They had no known political affiliation and would have been too young to vote anyway. That Klan was wiped out in the 1870s and it was dead for three and a half decades until a Georgia salesman named William Simmons restarted it in 1915. Simmons had no known political affiliation either.

I got reams and reams on this, my good man. You want to tangle with your latter-day Bill Whittle mythology --- bring it on.

The KKK has never had a party,
Not true...look it up. The KKK was started by the southern democrat party. Look it up.
no, it wasn't....it was started by some college guys or just out of college guys...

then both political parties grabbed on to it, and changed it, to their political use and abuse...in the south, Democrats, but in the mid west...primarily Republicans.

I'm very curious what was on the posters that leaving them was 'an act of terrorism'. The article didn't say.

I think "act of terrorism" is a bit of a stretch. It's more along the lines of "making terroristic threats".

Even then I'd like to know what was on the posters. Was it a recruiting thing, "Join the KKK!"? Maybe something only a little offensive, "We don't like blacks or Jews or *insert whatever group the KKK doesn't like here*"? Or was it more of a real thread, "We are going to run the minorities out of town, ruin their businesses, see their children shunned at school!"?

As ridiculous and potentially threatening as the KKK might be, considering a poster from the group to be terrorism or a terroristic threat just because it is from that group is a bit much. It just sounds like an overreaction to me with the dearth of information available.

I suspect it's a single guy -- the guy in the police surveillance photo -- trying to stir the shit the same way his like-minded clones do on this board. Printing and distributing a flyer is easily done by one person. But they've gotta check it out. As I posted in the other thread the Klan had reach there in the 1920s, and Vermont until an influx about 30-40 years ago was a solid conservative state.

Forum List

Back