Kinzinger & Greene: The faces of the GOP civil war

Kingsinger is a dinosaur. The Republican party is the party of Trump and it will never go back. Sorry globalists and establishment neocons. Take a hike. The American worker doesn't want you.

That'll be a shame! The country needs 2 viable political parties at least! Dems are functioning, but Republicans are getting closer and closer to overdosing on their kind of populism! It's the hypocrisy over the decades that kills me! Clinton and Obama could do no right, while bona-fide criminals according to the Constitution are excused; "you're either for us or against us!" I don't and won't like it, but it really is "WAR!" After stealing yet another Supreme Court seat there can be no going back to comety or compromise! I listened to McConnell these last few years when asked about his malfeasence running the Senate; "elections have consequences!" That's what he said! I don't want to hear from those a-holes "on the right" after how they ran things while in control! Fk 'em; fk 'em all! I could go down a long list of how these people look like real jack-arses thinking these are normal times as they're circling the drain eating their young! It's sad and pathetic, but nothing new! It's just gotten more cutthroat with social media exposing how juvenile these people are even in their senior years! :stir:
Dude, we just traded in a lear jet for a jalopy. You surely don't expect people to be happy about that.

I really don't GAF what people's expectations are! They fk'n don't know what they want! We say we want honesty in politics, then take on a sociopathic liar as president for 4 years! I stopped counting at 30,000 untruths! :cheeky-smiley-018:
Unfortunately, trump's 74 million Nazis don't see them as lies. They are facts in the fantasy reality their orange-tinted führer created for them.

How do you sleep at night knowing there are 74 million members of a defunct German political party all around you?
Nazism, fascism, two peas in a pod. Either is a fitting description of trump cultists like yourself.

Maybe you should calm down.

The party probably needs to decide which direction it's going to go, and these two legislators are the faces of that decision. Will it be Republican Conservatism or Trumpian Populism?

============

"The biggest danger right now is that we’ve become a party that dabbles — not just dabbles — we traffic in conspiracies and we traffic in lies,” said Rep. Adam Kinzinger, who on Sunday plans to release a video and website, country1st.com, to start the campaign.

"Republicans must say enough is enough. It’s time to unplug the outrage machine, reject the politics of personality, and cast aside the conspiracy theories and rage. It’s time to turn back from the edge of darkness and return to the ideals that have long been our guiding light," he said in the recorded video. "It’s now or never. The choice is ours. I’ve made mine, and I hope every Republican, and every American who shares our values, will choose to join me. Let’s take back our party."

“If you have any common sense, you know she's an anchor on the party. She is weighing us down,” said Gabriel Sterling, a Republican election administrator who became a leading voice criticizing the baseless election conspiracy theories espoused by Trump and his supporters like Greene.

“Some people are saying maybe [House Speaker] Nancy Pelosi will throw her out” of Congress, Sterling said, referring to the House speaker. “The Democrats would never throw her out. They want her to be the definition of what a Republican is. They’re gonna give her every opportunity to speak and be heard and look crazy — like what came out Wednesday, the Jewish space laser to start fires. I mean, I don't know how far down the rabbit hole you go.”

============

What happens to this party?
jmo but it's a deeper fracture in the gop than just conservatism v. populism. I mean in 2000 the gop decided between Perot fiscal consveratism balanced budgets and Norquists tax cuts for everybody but mainly millionaires and up and permanent structural deficits. That was ideological. But to believe in Maga, you really really have to believe that recounts in Az, ga, wisc pa were all fraudulent despite republican who actually voted for Trump being in on the process. IF you believe that, it's maybe not THAT big of a jump to Jewish space lasers starting forest fires.

Unless the gop is just going to be nuts, somehow those people have to be shown the political and econ institutions are actually working for their benefit. IF 30% can't do that, and just accept losing elections sometimes …. well that's something new we haven't seen in close to 100 years.

The party probably needs to decide which direction it's going to go, and these two legislators are the faces of that decision. Will it be Republican Conservatism or Trumpian Populism?

============

"The biggest danger right now is that we’ve become a party that dabbles — not just dabbles — we traffic in conspiracies and we traffic in lies,” said Rep. Adam Kinzinger, who on Sunday plans to release a video and website, country1st.com, to start the campaign.

"Republicans must say enough is enough. It’s time to unplug the outrage machine, reject the politics of personality, and cast aside the conspiracy theories and rage. It’s time to turn back from the edge of darkness and return to the ideals that have long been our guiding light," he said in the recorded video. "It’s now or never. The choice is ours. I’ve made mine, and I hope every Republican, and every American who shares our values, will choose to join me. Let’s take back our party."

“If you have any common sense, you know she's an anchor on the party. She is weighing us down,” said Gabriel Sterling, a Republican election administrator who became a leading voice criticizing the baseless election conspiracy theories espoused by Trump and his supporters like Greene.

“Some people are saying maybe [House Speaker] Nancy Pelosi will throw her out” of Congress, Sterling said, referring to the House speaker. “The Democrats would never throw her out. They want her to be the definition of what a Republican is. They’re gonna give her every opportunity to speak and be heard and look crazy — like what came out Wednesday, the Jewish space laser to start fires. I mean, I don't know how far down the rabbit hole you go.”

============

Republican Conservatism?

Hahaha that's a hoot.

Republicans haven't been conservative in years.

============

============

Republican Conservatism?

Hahaha that's a hoot.

If that's the case, then conservatism is dead.

============

============

Republican Conservatism?

Hahaha that's a hoot.

Unfortunately from my perspective it's been dead for awhile. There are a few in DC but not enough to effect any change.

============

============

jmo but it's a deeper fracture in the gop than just conservatism v. populism. I mean in 2000 the gop decided between Perot fiscal consveratism balanced budgets and Norquists tax cuts for everybody but mainly millionaires and up and permanent structural deficits. That was ideological. But to believe in Maga, you really really have to believe that recounts in Az, ga, wisc pa were all fraudulent despite republican who actually voted for Trump being in on the process. IF you believe that, it's maybe not THAT big of a jump to Jewish space lasers starting forest fires.

Unless the gop is just going to be nuts, somehow those people have to be shown the political and econ institutions are actually working for their benefit. IF 30% can't do that, and just accept losing elections sometimes …. well that's something new we haven't seen in close to 100 years.
Interesting. I don't know how that would be done, outside of having the voices who have radicalized these people for years, suddenly change their tune. Hard to imagine that happening, no?

============

============

Republican Conservatism?

Hahaha that's a hoot.

Well, I'm not sure what conservatism is anymore. When I was growing up it was about fiscal conservatism and govt staying out of other people's business. Nixon in Vietnam, drugs, the Reagan tax cuts morphing into W's permanent deficits …. and overwhelming civil rights.

No doubt Grandpa would focus on the terrible effect of gays and trans and seculars, but imo the fissure is deeper.

America has always been center right. The gop culture concerns are …. almost quaint. Justice Roberts warned against using the national court to tell Jesusland that gay marriage is the law of the land, but …. the gay marriage folks were going to win that issue just a weed is being legalized seemingly everywhere (thank you Jesus, the vodka is kiling me LOL)

Conservatism may become just "we're doing what the fuck we want and buying what the fuck we want, and leave us alone. We're not wearing masks, we're gonna smoke, and if we don't like your looks, we won't hire you, and don't bitch we come onto you at work."

============

============

Republican Conservatism?

Hahaha that's a hoot.

Well, I'm not sure what conservatism is anymore. When I was growing up it was about fiscal conservatism and govt staying out of other people's business. Nixon in Vietnam, drugs, the Reagan tax cuts morphing into W's permanent deficits …. and overwhelming civil rights.

No doubt Grandpa would focus on the terrible effect of gays and trans and seculars, but imo the fissure is deeper.

America has always been center right. The gop culture concerns are …. almost quaint. Justice Roberts warned against using the national court to tell Jesusland that gay marriage is the law of the land, but …. the gay marriage folks were going to win that issue just a weed is being legalized seemingly everywhere (thank you Jesus, the vodka is kiling me LOL)

Conservatism may become just "we're doing what the fuck we want and buying what the fuck we want, and leave us alone. We're not wearing masks, we're gonna smoke, and if we don't like your looks, we won't hire you, and don't bitch we come onto you at work."
Yeah, it's a moving target now. I don't even know if this would be called "conservatism" at this point, or "populism" or something else. Trump has pushed this whole thing into uncharted territory. It really doesn't seem like what we used to know as conservatism, though, that's for sure.

============

============

If Trump has his way, the GOP will end up in the trash heap of history with the Whig Party.

Though closer ideologically to the Know Nothing Party

============

============

If Trump has his way, the GOP will end up in the trash heap of history with the Whig Party.

At one time I agreed with that, but I don't know. The maga folks are right now powerful enough to primary ANY republican except probably Mitt, because Utah doesn't buy their shit. Mike Lee has other problems. Know nothings never elected a potus.

I still see a similarity in nativism and anti-immigrant (non white) views.

Kinzinger spent the last four years excusing Trump and his crazy, went along with every crazy thing Trump wanted to do. he's like the Mad Scientist who whines when the monster he created turns on him.

View attachment 451384
Get better soon.

============

============

At one time I agreed with that, but I don't know. The maga folks are right now powerful enough to primary ANY republican except probably Mitt, because Utah doesn't buy their shit. Mike Lee has other problems. Know nothings never elected a potus.

I still see a similarity in nativism and anti-immigrant (non white) views.

And know-nothings kept their views secret. Because society back then was not ready for that particlar brand of bigotry.

============

============

Regardless of who or what the Republicans run in 2022, the centrists will vote Republican.

They will have given the Democrats two years, to fix four years of trump's fvck ups. Naturally, with the typical G"NO"P obstructionist tactics, which go completely unnoticed by the centrists, the Democrats will not have finished the task, so the centrists throw up their arms in disgust and b!tch that it doesn't matter who they vote for, and it's back to the GOP screwing anyone less than a multi-millionaire.

It's a repeating pattern decades old.

Yeah, very possible. It's also possible that the intellectual trauma of the Trump years will still be hanging around enough to keep some away, but the public has unfortunately always had a short memory.
After the eight disastrous years of Dubya, the general commentary in 2008 was the GOP would never recover. The centrists gave Congress back to the Republicans in 2010.

Luckily, in the first two years he was in office, President Obama's own party helped the minority Republicans protect the financial interests of the health insurance industry during the creation of the ACA. The Republican minority received every concession they demanded from the Democratic majority.

It's the goal of the GOP to take the United States to third-world status. With the help of the right-wingers, the anti-labor/anti-consumer agenda of Republican Party has pushed more middle income families into poverty than Party leaders anticipate. After each year passes, they are pleasantly surprised by the ever-widening income gap, and the diminishing percentage of middle class families.

But these people will look you in the eye and tell you quite the opposite, and they'll be absolutely sincere. I can't tell you what the elite in the party (and this includes people like Limbaugh and Hannity) think they're doing (outside of getting boffo ratings), but the Trumpsters in the street have completely bought into this faux, bizarro, psuedo-populist, psycho-partial-libertarian thought. They really do think that it would MAGA.

That's why they're so blindly passionate. They really have bought into this, at a freaking spiritual level.
In the OP at this link, (To:‭ ‬Republican Party Leaders,‭ ‬This Current Path Is Untenable) is my condensed explanation of the creator and how he developed the Republicans' Southern Strategy.

Exploiting white people's "ethnic resentments". That began in the 1960s and continues today. After fifty+ years of mental conditioning, the trump Nazis were primed and ready to go 100% fascist with only a hint of encouragement.

The con man trump gave them more than enough encouragement during his presidential campaign. Everything after the November 2016 election only made his cultist Nazis love him more.

============

============

Regardless of who or what the Republicans run in 2022, the centrists will vote Republican.

They will have given the Democrats two years, to fix four years of trump's fvck ups. Naturally, with the typical G"NO"P obstructionist tactics, which go completely unnoticed by the centrists, the Democrats will not have finished the task, so the centrists throw up their arms in disgust and b!tch that it doesn't matter who they vote for, and it's back to the GOP screwing anyone less than a multi-millionaire.

It's a repeating pattern decades old.

Yeah, very possible. It's also possible that the intellectual trauma of the Trump years will still be hanging around enough to keep some away, but the public has unfortunately always had a short memory.
After the eight disastrous years of Dubya, the general commentary in 2008 was the GOP would never recover. The centrists gave Congress back to the Republicans in 2010.

Luckily, in the first two years he was in office, President Obama's own party helped the minority Republicans protect the financial interests of the health insurance industry during the creation of the ACA. The Republican minority received every concession they demanded from the Democratic majority.

It's the goal of the GOP to take the United States to third-world status. With the help of the right-wingers, the anti-labor/anti-consumer agenda of Republican Party has pushed more middle income families into poverty than Party leaders anticipate. After each year passes, they are pleasantly surprised by the ever-widening income gap, and the diminishing percentage of middle class families.

But these people will look you in the eye and tell you quite the opposite, and they'll be absolutely sincere. I can't tell you what the elite in the party (and this includes people like Limbaugh and Hannity) think they're doing (outside of getting boffo ratings), but the Trumpsters in the street have completely bought into this faux, bizarro, psuedo-populist, psycho-partial-libertarian thought. They really do think that it would MAGA.

That's why they're so blindly passionate. They really have bought into this, at a freaking spiritual level.
In the OP at this link, (To:‭ ‬Republican Party Leaders,‭ ‬This Current Path Is Untenable) is my condensed explanation of the creator and how he developed the Republicans' Southern Strategy.

Exploiting white people's "ethnic resentments". That began in the 1960s and continues today. After fifty+ years of mental conditioning, the trump Nazis were primed and ready to go 100% fascist with only a hint of encouragement.

The con man trump gave them more than enough encouragement during his presidential campaign. Everything after the November 2016 election only made his cultist Nazis love him more.

He has spoken to his base, and his base alone, exclusively and specifically since elevator day. In their words, in their phrases, on the topics that make them the most angry and the most paranoid.

Now, they would die for him.

Target marketing works.

Kingsinger is a dinosaur. The Republican party is the party of Trump and it will never go back. Sorry globalists and establishment neocons. Take a hike. The American worker doesn't want you.
I don’t think the worker wanted trumps manufacturing hurting tariffs either.

The elected GOP swamp rats in washington were purchased and coopted by the globalists - many in foreign countries - while the base voters of the party remained traditional pro Americans

Forum List

Back