King Family Preventing an Honest Biography of MLK Because it wont Hide his Adultery

Publius1787

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2011
King Family Preventing an Honest Biography of MLK Because it wont Hide his Adultery.

On Eve Of MLK Day, Will Adultery Keep Epic Dr. King Movie Off The Big Screen? - Deadline.com
It came down to the studios — which are in lockstep with the MLK estate that brought them the right to use his famous copyrighted speeches — rejecting Stone’s characterization of long-running rumors that King Jr. engaged in extramarital affairs. “I’m told the estate & the ‘respectable’ black community that guard King’s reputation won’t approve it. They suffocate the man & the truth,”

Evidently this has happened before

On Eve Of MLK Day, Will Adultery Keep Epic Dr. King Movie Off The Big Screen? - Deadline.com
This is almost a carbon copy of what happened two years ago with Memphis, the superb script that Captain Phillips helmer Greengrass wrote and set at Universal with producer Scott Rudin. ... ...

Dr. King has become a business mascot more so than an human figure who achieved great things. Any attempt to humanize him in film has gone down in a ball of flames. You're not allowed to talk about his adultery, his plagiarism, or his communist buddies. His FBI COINTELPRO file has been locked up and will not be released until 2027! As a comparison, Ted Kennedys FBI files were released via FIOA much to the chagrin of the Kennedy family who had hoped to keep his ties to Latin American communists (throwing parties with communist rebels and hookers in South America) secrete, shortly after his death. Dr. King died in 1968, and thus, his records aren't scheduled for release until 59 years after his death. Our most classified state secrets aren't locked up as long!

And so the King family, who even charged the federal government millions so the feds could erect a monument in his likeness complete with "copyrighted" speeches engraved on the side, does not want to humanize their cash cow! They want eternal godlike sainthood for MLK and any honest portrayal of Dr. King, warts and all, won't have the King families permission to use the copyrighted speeches for a film honoring his memory. MLK is no longer a civil rights hero to the King family, but a business mascot.

For further information on this story see below.

Oliver Stone Falls Out of Martin Luther King Jr. Movie | Variety
Oliver Stone Tweets Martin Luther King Project is Over - TheWrap
Oliver Stone pulls out of Martin Luther King biopic - Movies News - Digital Spy
Director Oliver Stone No Longer Involved in MLK Biopic ? and His No-Holds-Barred Tweets That Lay It All Out May Infuriate Some King Fans | TheBlaze.com

Last edited:
His best friend, during the Civil Rights Movement, Ralph Abernathy was crucified for telling the truth about him. According to Abernathy, King was not only a plagiarist and a womanizer, but also an abuser of women. But his inaccurate image must be protected at all cost, no matter how disgusting he was in real life.

Yes, I read this on the news yesterday....Oliver Stone was totally disgusted and said he isn't making any film if he can not tell the truth.

Good on him! :eusa_clap:

Yo, King family. For the first black president, Cum-on-dress Clinton, getting lots of strange is perfectly acceptable by his wife and many worshipers, so maybe revisit your position on Marty's sniffin' around.

OP fail.

We all know MLK was a womanizer and plagiarized part of his dissertation.

We all know that he willingly gave his life for a better America.

We all know the race haters would do not such thing but run the other way.

OP fail.

I agree with you that he was a great man!

The problem I have with is the fact that the family wants to omit the part that he was a womanizer....you can not do that and deliver a good and true bio....in that sense I agree with Oliver Stone point of view.... show the man warts and all.

His best friend, during the Civil Rights Movement, Ralph Abernathy was crucified for telling the truth about him. According to Abernathy, King was not only a plagiarist and a womanizer, but also an abuser of women. But his inaccurate image must be protected at all cost, no matter how disgusting he was in real life.

Another example of how they circle the wagons. I curious as if MLK would have achieved Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton status if he wasn't martyred?

All I will add is that the occasion was immediately prior to a speech at The University of Rhode Island, Kingston, at which time I was working with Bill Lawrence, tjem ABC radio's political commentator.

Last edited:
OP fail.

The problem I have with is the fact that the family wants to omit the part that he was a womanizer....you can not do that and deliver a good and true bio....in that sense I agree with Oliver Stone point of view.... show the man warts and all.

100% correct.

Let the race haters and cowards wail and flail and fail all they want.

Warts and all!

All I will add is that the occasion was immediately prior to a speech at The University of Rhode Island, Kingston, at which time I was working with Bill Lawrence, tjem ABC radio's political commentator.

No kidding? So what were your observations?

Abernathy wanted to get it out himself before King's opponents did.

OP fail.

100% correct.

Let the race haters and cowards wail and flail and fail all they want.

Warts and all!

So the new rule is that a person's personal flaws and dark secrets are A-OK as long as their politics are acceptable.

Got it.

Forum List

Back