couch protester

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2015
Kids right to bear arms? They shoot better than they drive. But they can't own a gun until 18th birthday. It doesn't look like their trying to do mass shootings except maybe the Columbine Massacre , but more teens kill with cars than guns. Take the keys away?

texting-while-driving.jpg

Gun-articleLarge.jpg

B9319833691Z.1_20151124004919_000_G0LCLII7H.1-0.jpg

WinchesterNRAQualification.jpg

wynajemstrzelnicy.jpg

A3sHDhiCQAACMIl.jpg

thasa_junior_2013_summer.jpg

Peshawar-Guns-2.jpg

Last edited:
I actually taught competitive shooting to kids (on my own time) when I was in the military ....

Trust me, after the proper instruction, they are safer with a gun (and a lot better shot) than a "Hood Rat" can ever hope to be!!!

All the pickups in our school parking lot had hunting rifles mounted in their back window. Was it 4h that taught riflery?

Kids right to bear arms? They shoot better than they drive. But they can't own a gun until 18th birthday. It doesn't look like their trying to do mass shootings except maybe the Columbine Massacre , but more teens kill with cars than guns. Take the keys away?

texting-while-driving.jpg

Gun-articleLarge.jpg

B9319833691Z.1_20151124004919_000_G0LCLII7H.1-0.jpg

WinchesterNRAQualification.jpg

wynajemstrzelnicy.jpg

A3sHDhiCQAACMIl.jpg

thasa_junior_2013_summer.jpg

Peshawar-Guns-2.jpg

I take kids hunting with me, so they know how to handle their firearm, and are trained that it is not a toy.

Back in the day a kid would hunt with their father for their meal, and learned at a young age what death was, and what a firearm would do if you used it against another being or animal.

Today kids are more shelter, and lack this teaching unless the parent is a avid hunter but the usual kid believe a gun is a toy because they fire one on their Playstation 4 or Xbox One, and when done no one or animal is dead, so they do not learn the actual danger of the weapon.

So I agree with parents that want to take their kid to a range, and if one does not that is their right to, and I support it.

Quite a few things wrong with this post. First of all, kids at shooting ranges are in controlled environments under the supervision of responsible adults. That they are mature enough to operate weapons under such circumstances does not mean that they are mature enough to be trusted to go and operate them in the kind of uncontrolled, unsupervised scenario that is a teenager driving a car.

Second, your position is more negative than positive. You're mostly advocating a denial of driving rights. Why withhold something based on the idea that they are performing well in something entirely unrelated?

Third, most states have been progressively delaying teenage driving for years. When I was a teenager we got our learner's permits at 15 and were ready to take the test on our 16th birthday, with only a two week mandatory window in between. Off you went, with the only limitation being that you couldn't be driving past midnight for the first year. Though that was more a measure to prevent teens from being out at all hours on school nights, and was marginally enforced because it was next to impossible to legally justify a traffic stop simply based on the Cinderella clause. Don't do something else to get yourself pulled over and you won't get caught. Now (in my home state of Maryland), they can't even get your permit until a month before their 16th birthday, and they're required to have it for six months. After that, they are severely restricted for the next year. No driving with other teens in the car, all kinds of insane, controlling stuff that seems more like pampering than anything else. The point is, even if we accept the premise that teens should be delayed from driving privileges the fact is that they've already been getting pushed further and further back to 18 for driving privileges for many years now.

Quite a few things wrong with this post. First of all, kids at shooting ranges are in controlled environments under the supervision of responsible adults. That they are mature enough to operate weapons under such circumstances does not mean that they are mature enough to be trusted to go and operate them in the kind of uncontrolled, unsupervised scenario that is a teenager driving a car.

Second, your position is more negative than positive. You're mostly advocating a denial of driving rights. Why withhold something based on the idea that they are performing well in something entirely unrelated?

Third, most states have been progressively delaying teenage driving for years. When I was a teenager we got our learner's permits at 15 and were ready to take the test on our 16th birthday, with only a two week mandatory window in between. Off you went, with the only limitation being that you couldn't be driving past midnight for the first year. Though that was more a measure to prevent teens from being out at all hours on school nights, and was marginally enforced because it was next to impossible to legally justify a traffic stop simply based on the Cinderella clause. Don't do something else to get yourself pulled over and you won't get caught. Now (in my home state of Maryland), they can't even get your permit until a month before their 16th birthday, and they're required to have it for six months. After that, they are severely restricted for the next year. No driving with other teens in the car, all kinds of insane, controlling stuff that seems more like pampering than anything else. The point is, even if we accept the premise that teens should be delayed from driving privileges the fact is that they've already been getting pushed further and further back to 18 for driving privileges for many years now.

It's not the age of the kid,it's how they were brought up.
Like I said,I rode around on a dirt bike with a rifle or a shotgun at ten,and so did my buddies.
When you grow up around guns it's really no big deal.

Like I said,I rode around on a dirt bike with a rifle or a shotgun at ten,and so did my buddies.

Erm, okay. If you think I have any kind of problem with these kids being instructed, you're mistaken. I disagree with the implication that any of this can possibly be reasonable grounds for increased restrictions on teen driving.

Erm, okay. If you think I have any kind of problem with these kids being instructed, you're mistaken. I disagree with the implication that any of this can possibly be reasonable grounds for increased restrictions on teen driving.

I was referring to your controlled environment comment about kids and guns.

And you respect them for what they are capable of. Today, I think many kids have a fascination of what is this thing we can't have. Respect of how to handle and operate a weapon when taught makes a huge difference. Today it is banned for most kids, yet we have more shootings today than back then. Kids don't grow up today because they are smothered, coddled, and denied life in so many ways. No wonder there is so much frustration with kids. They are taught that the world is a big, scary place, to fear, and also they can't be trusted. Well, kids live up to what they are taught.

And you respect them for what they are capable of. Today, I think many kids have a fascination of what is this thing we can't have. Respect of how to handle and operate a weapon when tsught makes a huge difference. Today it is banned for most kids, yet we have more shootings today than back then.Kids don'-t grow ip today because they are smothered, coddled, and denied life in so many ways. No wonder their is so much frustration with kids. They are taught that the world is a big, scary place, to fear, and also they can't be trusted. Well, kids live up to what they are taught.

Like was mentioned earlier.
If you learn at a young age the damage a firearm can do to flesh,you realize real quick guns are no joke.

It looks like they are well supervised by NRA members. Is that a problem for the left? Evidence indicates that the Columbine shooters were dosed by the school with junk narcotics designed to alter their behavior but they never had a class in firearms. Dangerous and schizophrenic kids get all the information they need from h'wood and violent games.

And you'll notice that nowhere therein did I say anything about what they can or cannot be trusted with. I merely pointed out that the one scenario did not compare to the other.

And you'll notice that nowhere therein did I say anything about what they can or cannot be trusted with. I merely pointed out that the one scenario did not compare to the other.

Jesus......
"First of all, kids at shooting ranges are in controlled environments under the supervision of responsible adults. That they are mature enough to operate weapons under such circumstances"

Forum List

Back