Kid Rock Tells Protestors to 'Kiss My Ass' Over Confederate Flag

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Knock 'em dead Kid !

Even as South Carolina and major retailers officially disconnect themselves from the Confederate flag, the controversial symbol continues to have a prominent presence at Kid Rock's concerts. On Monday, the National Action Network's Michigan chapter protested outside the Detroit Historical Museum, which houses a Kid Rock exhibit, demanding that the rocker stop displaying the Confederate flag, Deadline Detroit reports. In a statement to Fox News' Megyn Kelly, Kid Rock relayed his message to those upset in his native Detroit: "Please tell the people who are protesting to kiss my ass/Ask me some questions."

The Killer Inside Kid Rock
Although Kid Rock was born and raised in Michigan, a Union state during the Civil War, the rocker has adopted the Confederate flag in recent years to highlight his Rebel Soul, the name of his 2012 album. In recent years, Rock has retreated to his estate in rural Alabama. Rock also toured extensively with Lynyrd Skynyrd, another – albeit Southern – act that made frequent use of the Confederate flag.

As Fox News points out, Kid Rock aligns himself with the Southern pride connotations of the flag and not its racial implications, since Rock's son Robert Ritchie Jr., is biracial, and as of December 2014, the First Kiss singer also has biracial grandchildren.

Despite the controversy, the Detroit Historical Museum stood by the rocker, saying his contributions to the Motor City outweigh his appropriation of the Confederate flag, which does not feature at all in the exhibit.

"The Kid Rock Music Lab is one of 10 permanent exhibitions at the Detroit Historical Museum," the museum said in a statement, WXYZ reports. "Kid Rock’s contribution to Detroit’s music history is significant and warrants his inclusion along with other key figures like Stevie Wonder, Bob Seger, Aretha Franklin and Eminem. There are no displays of the Confederate flag in the Kid Rock Music Lab or anywhere else inside the Detroit Historical Museum."

Kid Rock Tells Protestors to Kiss My Ass Over Confederate Flag

Kid Rock Tells Protestors to 'Kiss My Ass' Over Confederate Flag

And in related news, millions of southern democrats paint their purple states red again in 2016.. Speaking of remodeling the Southern image...

...the privacy of a voting booth can be a real bugger for people who lie to themselves about polling data..

I for one have never heard of kid rock, but if he wants to promote a flag that's nothing more then a shit stain on the memories of 300,000 dead southern boys, that's his business.

I wouldn't.

I for one have never heard of kid rock, but if he wants to promote a flag that's nothing more then a shit stain on the memories of 300,000 dead southern boys, that's his business.

I wouldn't.

The shit-stain on the memory of those men is that their children tolerate the shit-stains running down their incomprehensible bravery.

And YOU are the shit that stains that memory, to which I am speaking, in case there was any ambiguity that you might have been clinging to, in hopes of avoiding accountability.

If people don't like what Kid stands for, it isn't like they are being forced to have anything to do with him. Whoever doesn't go for his interests should just learn to keep to themselves.

God bless you and Kid always!!!

Holly

I wouldn't.

The shit-stain on the memory of those men is that their children tolerate the shit-stains running down their incomprehensible bravery.

And YOU are the shit that stains that memory, to which I am speaking, in case there was any ambiguity that you might have been clinging to, in hopes of avoiding accountability.

Spare me the bs. Why don't you try picking a winning flag like the American flag, instead of a losers flag.

I wouldn't.

Spare me the bs. Why don't you try picking a winning flag like the American flag, instead of a losers flag.

ROFLMNAO!

I tell ya kids, I just never seem to get my fill of effeminate males getting all bowed up and butch, howling in a feigned outrage over whatever boils up from popular whimsy.

LOL! You people are HELPLESS!

Forum List

Back