Khalid Al Ameri: In ten years Emirati women will be the driving force behind the UAE

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I agree with the author. Except for Saudi Arabia, I can see women in the region making great strides in the coming years.

Khalid Al Ameri: In ten years Emirati women will be the driving force behind the UAE

February 17, 2015
print_icon.jpg
Print
send2friend_icon.jpg
Send to Friend

Exclusive to The Gulf Today

During last week’s Government Summit, the topic of women in the UAE took centre stage with some major announcements. His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, announced the formation of the Gender Balance Council to be chaired by Sheikha Manal, who herself is President of the Dubai Women Establishment.

In other news Sheikha Bodour Bint Sultan Al Qasimi, Chairwoman of the Sharjah Investment and Development Authority, stated during her panel session that “Women in the region should be given a larger role in decision-making to enable them to become equal partners in all political forums … and there should be more diversity at the top to avoid creating obstacles for women, namely obstacles such as society, legislation and women themselves.”

That last obstacle mentioned by Sheikha Bodour, “women themselves,” got me to reflect on the many challenges that we all face in our lives, namely ourselves and being able to overcome certain self-doubts, as well as cultural stigmas, in order to pursue our dreams and create the lives we love.

Continue reading at:

gulftoday.ae Khalid Al Ameri In ten years Emirati women will be the driving force behind the UAE?

New Topics

Forum List

Back