KFC has created a console that's more powerful than the PS5 and has a built-in 'chicken chamber' to keep your meal warm

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Fast-food chain KFC has created a new high-end gaming console that comes with a built-in "chicken chamber" to keep your chicken warm while you play.

KFC has teamed up with CoolerMaster to create the "KFConsole," the chicken chain said in a statement on Tuesday. It is essentially a high-end gaming PC with components made by Intel, Asus, and Seagate.

It's a powerful machine: KFC claims it can run games at 4K resolution at 240 frames per second - more than the PlayStation 5 or Xbox One can manage. It can also run virtual reality games, KFC said.

This is actually kind of cool. I wish I liked KFC enough to even consider a "chicken chamber".

Instead of gimmicks KFC needs to fix their menu and quit insulting the memory of Colonel Sanders.

They do need to fix their menu and quit playing around. I agree with that 100%.

Fast-food chain KFC has created a new high-end gaming console that comes with a built-in "chicken chamber" to keep your chicken warm while you play.

KFC has teamed up with CoolerMaster to create the "KFConsole," the chicken chain said in a statement on Tuesday. It is essentially a high-end gaming PC with components made by Intel, Asus, and Seagate.

It's a powerful machine: KFC claims it can run games at 4K resolution at 240 frames per second - more than the PlayStation 5 or Xbox One can manage. It can also run virtual reality games, KFC said.

This is actually kind of cool. I wish I liked KFC enough to even consider a "chicken chamber".
Greasy KFC?

I am with you---not even this should save them.

I only clicked in to see what kind of joke this was.

And it isn't.

UNbelievable.
shakehead.gif

At first, like Pogo, I thought this was a joke, and it would be on the Onion website. However, it's not, and I can't hardly believe what I saw.

Incidentally, if there is air moving around the "chicken chamber", wouldn't it put grease in the air that would mess up the electronics?

And, as far as you saying that you wish you liked KFC enough for a chicken chamber, did you ever think that if you bought it you could put OTHER foods besides KFC in there? Grab some burgers, some games, and use the chicken chamber as your burger or pizza warmer. Who says you have to put chicken in it?

At first, like Pogo, I thought this was a joke, and it would be on the Onion website. However, it's not, and I can't hardly believe what I saw.

Incidentally, if there is air moving around the "chicken chamber", wouldn't it put grease in the air that would mess up the electronics?

And, as far as you saying that you wish you liked KFC enough for a chicken chamber, did you ever think that if you bought it you could put OTHER foods besides KFC in there? Grab some burgers, some games, and use the chicken chamber as your burger or pizza warmer. Who says you have to put chicken in it?
It would require Taco Bell to get their menu together.

Sure you could do that, treat it like an air fryer or whatever. What astounds me is that there is a certain population so addicted to their gaming that they can't even get up to eat. Seems to me when something dominates your existence to that degree, you're a slave.

Sure you could do that, treat it like an air fryer or whatever. What astounds me is that there is a certain population so addicted to their gaming that they can't even get up to eat. Seems to me when something dominates your existence to that degree, you're a slave.

Why can't kids today do it old school like we did when Nintendo first came out? Get a bag of chips and a few sodas for snacks, but still get up for regular meals.

But

But is it backwards compatible with my old school kfc bucket?

You can stop to eat dinner. You just have to die first.

A lot of gaming is done with other people and that is how they maintain contact with their friends. This is especially true when half of your friends live in another state and everyone is on Xbox live. I guess it's a different thing when you have so many players from all over to play.

I'm a bit skeptical here from an engineering POView. The thermo objective of console design is to REMOVE the heat so that processing components dont cook. If your chicken only needs to be body temperature -- I guess that's OK.. But if you want that console to LAST at least as long as your short pitiful life of eating KFC -- I'd go with more fans..

Sounds greasy.

I'm a bit skeptical here from an engineering POView. The thermo objective of console design is to REMOVE the heat so that processing components dont cook. If your chicken only needs to be body temperature -- I guess that's OK.. But if you want that console to LAST at least as long as your short pitiful life of eating KFC -- I'd go with more fans..
I've read stories where people claim to be heating their houses and apartments with gaming consoles. I have two and while they do burn a lot of wattage it's not sufficient of an amount to heat you comfortably.

I've read stories where people claim to be heating their houses and apartments with gaming consoles. I have two and while they do burn a lot of wattage it's not sufficient of an amount to heat you comfortably.

They COULD heat a $2200/month NYCity "studio" apartment easily. And the Feds just outlawed incandescent bulbs AGAIN -- where the waste heat from THEM is a substantive supplement to your normal heating.

Forum List

Back