Kenyan Woman Invents Method To Turn Plastic Into Construction Cubes That Are 'Stronger Than Bricks'

How exactly is melting down plastic into construction blocks some kind of new tech?
I'm sure that's not all there is to it. Read the article.

“According to Matee, using sand and a mixture of plastic waste can produce bricks, manholes, and tiles that are stronger than traditional concrete materials used for construction. Matee boasts that “Our product is almost five to seven times stronger than concrete.” What’s more, Matee’s recycled bricks are lighter and cheaper than more traditional construction products.”

What kind of toxicity do the bricks put off when ignited as in a home or building fire? I'd prefer to hear it from the manufacturer rather than a pathologist investigating a fire scene in which all indoor residents didn't make it to an exit in the structure.
I don't know that they are not treated with fire retardant.

I remember watching an old (early 60s) commercial for plastic kitchen ware where they were bragging about plastic lasting FOREVER. Apparently none of these brilliant Western Civilization men who invented plastic thought that might someday end up being a PROBLEM.

This has already been done....by China some decades ago. The problem is heat and solar bleaching. The plastic based materials cannot withstand either. I do applaud her efforts though. You simply cannot improve on hard earthen minerals. Just ask the pyramids.

JO

How exactly is melting down plastic into construction blocks some kind of new tech?
I'm sure that's not all there is to it. Read the article.

“According to Matee, using sand and a mixture of plastic waste can produce bricks, manholes, and tiles that are stronger than traditional concrete materials used for construction. Matee boasts that “Our product is almost five to seven times stronger than concrete.” What’s more, Matee’s recycled bricks are lighter and cheaper than more traditional construction products.”

What kind of toxicity do the bricks put off when ignited as in a home or building fire? I'd prefer to hear it from the manufacturer rather than a pathologist investigating a fire scene in which all indoor residents didn't make it to an exit in the structure.
plastic is great as a support material as long as it is covered by metal or stone. As a primary building material it cannot cut the mustard. The expansion ratio alone will prevent that.

I remember watching an old (early 60s) commercial for plastic kitchen ware where they were bragging about plastic lasting FOREVER. Apparently none of these brilliant Western Civilization men who invented plastic thought that might someday end up being a PROBLEM.
Yup.....

Yup.....
90 percent of adults ( estimated) consume the equivalent of about one credit card of plastic micro nodes every day from plastic contamination in almost everything we eat. The chemical reactions cause raging hormone imbalances including Obesogens, estrogen increase in both men and women and some carcinogens.

On a mass scale? I doubt it.

A simple parlor trick could show how any plastic pressed into a cube could be stronger than a brick. Like a cinder block turned on its side is smashed relatively easily with little force from even a small hammer, yet even junk plastic smashed together into a cube could suffer 5x the same smash unharmed. The difference is a cinder block placed properly right side up is much much stronger and it increases in strength as you put more on top of them while your junk plastic would disintegrate under the pressure. Molecular pressure density is a very real thing.

But I've seen you're posts, you post anything pandering to blacks, women and democrats. Any bit of nonsense you can find you'll post and praise because you get to feel like you're rubbing people's noses in it for a cheap sense of self satisfaction.

Meanwhile, you will never in your life see this invention used anywhere. It isnt as important as you make it out to be. You are just pandering because she is black.

I couldn't give a shit what color she is. If this is truly viable, it could signal good things to come, not only for construction, but also for the environment...
Im unimpressed. Bring me an Elon Musk or something, then we can talk.

There have been tons of videos on meltingvdown waste plastic for various uses on YouTube for years.

Aint nothing new.

Just pandering because she be black

The reality is that Kenyan (Barry Hussein's home town) figured out how to build their mud huts with plastic bottle reinforcement and the UN calls it a victory for international support .

Meanwhile, you will never in your life see this invention used anywhere. It isnt as important as you make it out to be. You are just pandering because she is black.

I couldn't give a shit what color she is. If this is truly viable, it could signal good things to come, not only for construction, but also for the environment...

You seem to think that you might sway me from my original opinion.

I assure you, you will not...

Your opinion is worth less than dog shit. What made you think your opinion mattered?

Your opinion is worth less than dog shit. What made you think your opinion mattered?

Oh, I've no illusion that my opinion matters to you.

It only matters to intelligent people.

Since you're not one of those, it doesn't surprise me that my opinion doesn't matter to you.

What's funny is that it's pretty clear that you think yours does...

Forum List

Back