Kennedy slips entire illegal-alien amnesty program into Min Wage bill

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Can this guy get any slimier?

It's an odd sequence. The House of Representatives passed its minimum-wage bill on Jan. 10, 2007, called H.R.2. The bill had nothing to do with illegal aliens or amnsety. It then went to the Senate. It was scheduled for a vote on Feb. 1. Apparently, just before the vote, Teddy Kennedy slipped the entire text of his last-year's illegal alien amnesty bill into it. It was then passed 94-3 by a voice vote in the Senate, still titled the "Minimum Wage" bill.

I guess it now goes to a committee where they "iron out the differences" between what the House passed, and what the Senate just passed.

Anyone know how likely it is, that the committe will weed out Kennedy's little change? Or will they simply rubber-stamp it? Or...??

See http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:HR00002: and click on "Amendments". Scroll down to S.A. 187 and click on it. BYO barf bag.

Alrighty now can somebody please help a brother out! Is this little trick that drunken mick pulled a pork deal? The reason I ask this, is because I remember hearing not long ago that the new democratic senate was going to ensure this practice stops. So if they aren't reducing this type of thing then I guess it is about seniority?

Alrighty now can somebody please help a brother out! Is this little trick that drunken mick pulled a pork deal? The reason I ask this, is because I remember hearing not long ago that the new democratic senate was going to ensure this practice stops. So if they aren't reducing this type of thing then I guess it is about seniority?

Please, Please, Please gimmie a link where they said they were not going to do this. I got a scathing letter to my senators all ready and that would be the icing on the cake.

I'm willing. But JFK is dead so what is the relevance really? I mean that slug Teddy is still drinking after attending AA meetings and lying and scamming our nation so that too me is relevant.
She has written the bes books I know about corruption in the Democrat Party from FDR and on, all backed up with footnotes.

She has written the bes books I know about corruption in the Democrat Party from FDR and on, all backed up with footnotes.

I read like a snail travels.....Actually I don't want to find the time to read such things. IMO those are great tools but if parties aren't going to change then why write about history repeating itself?
Oh I see your point---kennedy bad name all around. Just most of them were offed gbefore anymore damage could be done. Somehow ole theo is making up for his brothers short fallings.:rolleyes:

I read like a snail travels.....Actually I don't want to find the time to read such things. IMO those are great tools but if parties aren't going to change then why write about history repeating itself?
Oh I see your point---kennedy bad name all around. Just most of them were offed gbefore anymore damage could be done. Somehow ole theo is making up for his brothers short fallings.:rolleyes:
You know what they say about repeating history's mistakes. Also Coulter exposes the liberal lies about McCarthy.

Actually JFK and RFK were more good then bad. If fact they were working to uncover corruption withing the Democrat Party, which is why LBJ and Co. capped 'em.

Again, does anyone have any background on the dems promising to halt the practice of slipping in amendments that have no relevence to the title of the bill?

Again, does anyone have any background on the dems promising to halt the practice of slipping in amendments that have no relevence to the title of the bill?

Did they promise that? I missed it if they did...

sort of related, though on the Hillary front:

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=19308

Top 10 Questions Hillary Clinton Should Answer
Posted: 02/07/2007
Updated: 02/07/2007

Compiled by HUMAN EVENTS Assistant Editor Amanda B. Carpenter, author of "The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy's Dossier on Hillary Clinton."

10. Goldman Sachs, another corporation that generously funded your Senate campaign, received a $25-million grant from the Department of Housing and Urban Development and a $1.65-billion bond in federal 9/11 aid. You went to the groundbreaking ceremony of their new 43-story headquarters in 2005 and said you were "proud to have worked with my colleagues in Congress to secure $20 billion in federal aid for New York" and "major employers like Goldman Sachs needed to know they had a partner in government." That year, the company was worth $43.3 billion and turned a $5.6 billion profit. Why should the government give them this money?

9. In a 2003 radio interview, you said you were "adamantly against illegal aliens" and then in 2006 told a group of illegal Irish immigrants who were lobbying Congress for amnesty on Capitol Hill, "It is so heartening to see you here. You are really here on behalf of what America means, America's values, America's hopes." You also voted for Sen. John McCain and Sen. Ted Kennedy's amnesty plan. How do you reconcile these actions?

8. Did you formulate your plans to "track and monitor" the health of 9/11 workers for the next 20 years as a stepping stone to universal healthcare?

7. Will your husband continue his international lobbying activities for his foundation (the Clinton Global Initiative) if you go to the White House?

6. What legislative favors did you support for Corning, Inc. after receiving large donations from their employees and political actions committee?

5. What programs would you cut to help balance the budget?

4. Who in the mainstream media -- CBS, NBC, ABC, the Washington Post, the New York Times and others -- do you collaborate with regularly?

3. Do you believe we must win the Iraq war, and if so, how would you specifically do that?

2. Did the Clinton Administration exaggerate the threat Iraq posed to the United States?

1. Will you pledge not to use any of the $20 million in foreign money your husband has earned since leaving the White House for any campaign expenses?

Forum List

Back