Ken Paxton Fleeing Subpoena Sparks Widespread Mockery: 'Run, Ken, Run!'

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
LOL!
Run, Ken, Run! This is the head Law Officer of Texas~
He claims he was looking after the 'safety and well-being of his family' after having HIS WIFE go out first and start the car, open the door and drive the get-away car!

You would think, given the number of times he's been supeanaed, Paxton would have a bit more fortitude.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/ot...?rt=0&ocid=Win10NewsApp&referrerID=InAppShare

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has been mocked online following reports he fled being issued a subpoena in a vehicle driven by his wife, state senator Angela Paxton.
Paxton, 59, was being issued a subpoena at his home for a court hearing on Tuesday in relation to a lawsuit from non-profit groups seeking to fund out-of-state abortions for Texans.
According to an affidavit filed in federal court, Ernesto Martin Herrera, a process server, arrived at the attorney general's home to serve the subpoena and was greeted by state Sen. Paxton, The Texas Tribune reported.
Herrera said Angela Paxton told him her husband was busy on the phone and he "was in a hurry to leave."
Herrera said he went back to his car to wait for Ken Paxton, and then saw him exiting the garage. "As soon as he saw me and heard me call his name out, he turned around and RAN back inside the house through the same door in the garage," Herrera wrote.
"Angela came out and opened the driver side and rearside door behind the driver of the truck. She then got inside the truck and started it, leaving the rear door behind the driver side open. A few minutes later, I saw Mr. Paxton ran from the door inside the garage towards the rear door behind the driver side.
"I approached the truck, and loudly called him by his name and stated that I had court documents for him. Mr. Paxton ignored me and kept heading for the truck," Herrera added

Herrera said, after determining that Paxton was not going to take the subpoenas from his hand, he stated that he was serving him with legal documents and left them on the ground.

In tweets replying to The Texas Tribune article, Paxton criticized the coverage as a "ridiculous waste of time" and that his actions were motivated over concerns for his and his family's safety.
"All across the country, conservatives have faced threats to their safety — many threats that received scant coverage or condemnation from the mainstream media," Paxton tweeted.
"It's clear that the media wants to drum up another controversy involving my work as Attorney General, so they're attacking me for having the audacity to avoid a stranger lingering outside my home and showing concern about the safety and well-being of my family."
In response, a number of social-media users have mocked Paxton's safety-concern defense, noting that it was his wife he went out the house first to start the vehicle while Herrera was waiting outside.
Rochelle Garza, a Democrat who is running against Paxton for Texas Attorney General in November's midterms, tweeted: "Run, Ken, run!

"Ken Paxton is a coward. He is running away from his felony indictments, his FBI investigation and now, nonprofits. And his wife is driving the getaway car.

What's good for the DA is good for the reason of Texas also.

I don't know about you, but I am truly proud of my AG, a fine representative of Texas he be. This also being reported in the Houston Chronicle and other locations.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton fled his home in a truck driven by his wife, state Sen. Angela Paxton, to avoid being served a subpoena Monday, according to an affidavit filed in federal court.

Ernesto Martin Herrera, a process server, was attempting to serve the state’s top attorney with a subpoena for a federal court hearing Tuesday in a lawsuit from nonprofits that want to help Texans pay for abortions out of state.

When Herrera arrived at Paxton’s home in McKinney on Monday morning, he told a woman who identified herself as Angela that he was trying to deliver legal documents to the attorney general. She told him that Paxton was on the phone and unable to come to the door. Herrera said he would wait.

Nearly an hour later, a black Chevrolet Tahoe pulled into the driveway, and 20 minutes after that, Ken Paxton exited the house.

“I walked up the driveway approaching Mr. Paxton and called him by his name. As soon as he saw me and heard me call his name out, he turned around and RAN back inside the house through the same door in the garage,” Herrera wrote in the sworn affidavit.

Angela Paxton then exited the house, got inside a Chevrolet truck in the driveway, started it and opened the doors.

“A few minutes later I saw Mr. Paxton RAN from the door inside the garage towards the rear door behind the driver side,” Herrera wrote. “I approached the truck, and loudly called him by his name and stated that I had court documents for him. Mr. Paxton ignored me and kept heading for the truck.”

Texas’ top attorney, Ken Paxton, made a mad dash to his truck Monday with his wife at the wheel after a process server attempted to hand him two subpoenas, the Texas Tribune reports.

According to court records, process server Ernesto Martin Herrera was forced to leave documents for the Texas attorney general on the ground after Paxton ran from inside his garage to a waiting truck inside which his wife, state Sen. Angela Paxton, was in the driver’s seat.

Although Paxton claimed in the tweet to fear for his life and that of his family, he never called the police and apparently had no qualms about sending his wife outside to face this allegedly dangerous situation.

Mr law and order showing us how it’s done

Apparently the right wing MEMO hasn’t been delivered yet because no right wing idiot has put out the SPIN yet.

only repunklicans get the video and ridicule while the Ene-media doesn't show and don't speak of the tactics the left uses to avoid subpoenas. we get it...we get it.

Please list left state AGs running to escape subpoenas for us. I'm nondenominational in wanting to laugh at politicians running from subpoenas.

They should probably just be glad no one has begun organizing special "welcoming parties" for the FBI Sturmtruppen who raid homes when they could just call the guy's lawyer. It'd be hilarious if these guys came in kicking doors in the pre-dawn and wound up with paint or sewer contents all over them...

I don't know about you, but I am truly proud of my AG, a fine representative of Texas he be. This also being reported in the Houston Chronicle and other locations.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton fled his home in a truck driven by his wife, state Sen. Angela Paxton, to avoid being served a subpoena Monday, according to an affidavit filed in federal court.

Ernesto Martin Herrera, a process server, was attempting to serve the state’s top attorney with a subpoena for a federal court hearing Tuesday in a lawsuit from nonprofits that want to help Texans pay for abortions out of state.

When Herrera arrived at Paxton’s home in McKinney on Monday morning, he told a woman who identified herself as Angela that he was trying to deliver legal documents to the attorney general. She told him that Paxton was on the phone and unable to come to the door. Herrera said he would wait.

Nearly an hour later, a black Chevrolet Tahoe pulled into the driveway, and 20 minutes after that, Ken Paxton exited the house.

“I walked up the driveway approaching Mr. Paxton and called him by his name. As soon as he saw me and heard me call his name out, he turned around and RAN back inside the house through the same door in the garage,” Herrera wrote in the sworn affidavit.

Angela Paxton then exited the house, got inside a Chevrolet truck in the driveway, started it and opened the doors.

“A few minutes later I saw Mr. Paxton RAN from the door inside the garage towards the rear door behind the driver side,” Herrera wrote. “I approached the truck, and loudly called him by his name and stated that I had court documents for him. Mr. Paxton ignored me and kept heading for the truck.”

Your AG is a criminal

LOL!
Run, Ken, Run! This is the head Law Officer of Texas~
He claims he was looking after the 'safety and well-being of his family' after having HIS WIFE go out first and start the car, open the door and drive the get-away car!

You would think, given the number of times he's been supeanaed, Paxton would have a bit more fortitude.

Teen interest in long-lasting birth control soars after Roe

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has been mocked online following reports he fled being issued a subpoena in a vehicle driven by his wife, state senator Angela Paxton.
Paxton, 59, was being issued a subpoena at his home for a court hearing on Tuesday in relation to a lawsuit from non-profit groups seeking to fund out-of-state abortions for Texans.
According to an affidavit filed in federal court, Ernesto Martin Herrera, a process server, arrived at the attorney general's home to serve the subpoena and was greeted by state Sen. Paxton, The Texas Tribune reported.
Herrera said Angela Paxton told him her husband was busy on the phone and he "was in a hurry to leave."
Herrera said he went back to his car to wait for Ken Paxton, and then saw him exiting the garage. "As soon as he saw me and heard me call his name out, he turned around and RAN back inside the house through the same door in the garage," Herrera wrote.
"Angela came out and opened the driver side and rearside door behind the driver of the truck. She then got inside the truck and started it, leaving the rear door behind the driver side open. A few minutes later, I saw Mr. Paxton ran from the door inside the garage towards the rear door behind the driver side.
"I approached the truck, and loudly called him by his name and stated that I had court documents for him. Mr. Paxton ignored me and kept heading for the truck," Herrera added

Herrera said, after determining that Paxton was not going to take the subpoenas from his hand, he stated that he was serving him with legal documents and left them on the ground.

In tweets replying to The Texas Tribune article, Paxton criticized the coverage as a "ridiculous waste of time" and that his actions were motivated over concerns for his and his family's safety.
"All across the country, conservatives have faced threats to their safety — many threats that received scant coverage or condemnation from the mainstream media," Paxton tweeted.
"It's clear that the media wants to drum up another controversy involving my work as Attorney General, so they're attacking me for having the audacity to avoid a stranger lingering outside my home and showing concern about the safety and well-being of my family."
In response, a number of social-media users have mocked Paxton's safety-concern defense, noting that it was his wife he went out the house first to start the vehicle while Herrera was waiting outside.
Rochelle Garza, a Democrat who is running against Paxton for Texas Attorney General in November's midterms, tweeted: "Run, Ken, run!

"Ken Paxton is a coward. He is running away from his felony indictments, his FBI investigation and now, nonprofits. And his wife is driving the getaway car.
Would you have posted this had he been a democrat? I'm guessing "no" would be the correct answer...

Would you have posted this had he been a democrat? I'm guessing "no" would be the correct answer...

Wouldacouldashoulda

When a Democratic AG comes running out of his garage jumping in the back seat of his wife’s suv, to make a fast get a way to avoid due process of the law. Let us know.

Oh yeah. And it has to be a Trumphumper under federal investigation by the FBI for fraud also, who talks shit about law and order out of one side of his face, while whining about being attacked for being a hypocrite out of the other.

Let us know when you find such a Democrat,

Forum List

Back