** Keep the board going **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I'm famous and didnt know it! :eusa_doh:

I can tell you as I had a large part in the mod selection here that they do not go after individuals for any other reason except for those breaking the rules. Unlike many places the mods take part in the threads, and they are entitled to their own opinions as well. I don't know the current status of things these days around here but if you feel picked on because you have a different view well than you need to just learn to deal with that, people do see things differently than others. When discussing a topic you have to separate the moderator from the member, understand that there is two parts to them so long as they take part in a discussion.

What the fuck???

I love ya John, but??
Why are you in here chastising us all for questing a board that we have belonged to for over so many yrs, and that you signed yourself off from a few yrs. back.....

Now I've always liked you and the same for Jimmy C...
But I feel you all are shitting on us ........Board Sponsors....
who had a goddamn stake in this board.
Am I a lucky one, oh boy, I just got a message that My Money that I just donated to this board is now being offered back at me.......

yes Jimmy refunded my last payment to this board , Ok,fucking ......fine..

But sir evil, you have no right, right now to come over here and fucking chastise us........for any reason.....

I love you death, but you need to knock your shit off........
I'm so fucking disgusted with this board right now......
.I know I'm probably just sitting on my laurels, for what I haven't decided yet.......

But, it will probably be a good-by.........What the fuck ever......

Damn, I'm famous and did'nt know it! :eusa_doh:

I can tell you as I had a large part in the mod selection here that they do not go after individuals for any other reason except for those breaking the rules. Unlike many places the mods take part in the threads, and they are entitled to thier own opinions as well. I don't know the current status of things these days around here but if you feel picked on because you have a different view well than you need to just learn to deal with that, people do see things differently than others. When discussing a topic you have to seperate the moderator from the member, understand that there is two parts to them so long as they take part in a discussion.

First of all, I don't have problems with mods. generally. That isn't why I commented. And OCA and Darin have both said that stuff about separating the poster from the mod. One... you CAN'T separate the poster from the mod. There isn't any such thing. Moderators can't go around starting fights with posters and then another mod bans that poster for responding in kind.

They are entitled to their opinions. They AREN'T entitled to troll and then use their status as a way to keep other people from responding by shutting them down. They also shouldn't be the first ones to call someone else a name... particularly if it's just for political disagreement and not for attitude. And I HAVE gotten that and was hoping that THAT type of thing is what would be addressed by a new owner... not a few sex'd up emoticons.

You think a mod should be able to engage in behavior for which they'd ban someone else? The purpose of a mod is to set a tone... they DO have to lay back a bit and they can have opinions, even strong ones. But...

A moderator has to be held to a different standard than a regular poster. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SEPARATING THE MOD FROM THE MEMBER because the other poster/mod has power to act and retaliate that the other poster doesn't.

What do you think the purpose of a moderator is? To get rid of someone if they derail a thread? Or is it to intervene only when someone is acting in a way, by spamming or abusiveness, so as to require action?

There isn't any purpose to a moderator whose own behavior isn't "moderate".

For once I agree with Jillian

This is the same spin we get from liberal reporters in the liberal media who say they can seperate their personal beliefs from their "reporting" the news

What do you think the purpose of a moderator is? To get rid of someone if they derail a thread? Or is it to intervene only when someone is acting in a way, by spamming or abusiveness, so as to require action?

There isn't any purpose to a moderator whose own behavior isn't "moderate".

Well Jillian, you are just about dead on but the fact is that you do have to seperate the personalities. No a mod should not ban someone for what they do themselves, especially if they are part of the particular thread. But understand that the topics discussed here are not of the grade school veriety, they are volatile topics, people express these topics with a bunch of raw emotion, and sometimes bad things come out. Allow a mod the right to express, but at the same time expecting equal rights is a fair enough. Don't push further than they have, and that should keep it in perspective.

Many have thier own opinions as to what purpose a mod serves, many think because they were warned or something that they are being treated unfairly, many just point out the way they discuss a topic and automatically assume that they will not let you speak your mind because of different views. I know first hand that many here get over time, and time again. Leading by example is indeed the proper way but on the other hand things can only go so far as well.

I have no clues how things are around here today, but I can say that any one of these mods can be spoken to in private, and I am sure that you would get a different perspective of the individual. If I was able to get on fun terms with the likes of bullypulpit, or spillmind, then anyone can see eye to eye.

Well Jillian, you are just about dead on but the fact is that you do have to seperate the personalities. No a mod should not ban someone for what they do themselves, especially if they are part of the particular thread. But understand that the topics discussed here are not of the grade school veriety, they are volatile topics, people express these topics with a bunch of raw emotion, and sometimes bad things come out. Allow a mod the right to express, but at the same time expecting equal rights is a fair enough. Don't push further than they have, and that should keep it in perspective.

Many have thier own opinions as to what purpose a mod serves, many think because they were warned or something that they are being treated unfairly, many just point out the way they discuss a topic and automatically assume that they will not let you speak your mind because of different views. I know first hand that many here get over time, and time again. Leading by example is indeed the proper way but on the other hand things can only go so far as well.

I have no clues how things are around here today, but I can say that any one of these mods can be spoken to in private, and I am sure that you would get a different perspective of the individual. If I was able to get on fun terms with the likes of bullypulpit, or spillmind, then anyone can see eye to eye.

I think for the most part, people come here BECAUSE they like debate and expect the discussion to be on volatile topics. I have no problem with a moderator who has strong views because I would expect nothing less. No point to taking a lot of space up here giving specific examples. But it is fairly common for a couple of the mods to insult posters for their views. When issues have arisen I found that the only one who is really responsive, when contacted privately, was Jim, though Kathianne always hears us out and

I have also made more than a few friends from the other side of the aisle along the way, so that isn't an issue either. I just know what standards were expected of me when I moderated and they were, for the most part, good ones.

To tell you the truth, I've enjoyed ALL the different views of the posters on this board......I belong to a few other boards and I can say they are not as broad and open as this one....

I disagree with quite a few people on this board, and I might sometimes say I fucking disagree........But what has been so great about it. is that we all have a lot of emotion and disagreements, we all are still here........

Not like some boards that I see over the Net........

This is what I liked about what Jimmy C established here, and I will be sad to see that openness and open minded disagreement end........

To tell you the truth, I've enjoyed ALL the different views of the posters on this board......I belong to a few other boards and I can say they are not as broad and open as this one....

I disagree with quite a few people on this board, and I might sometimes say I fucking disagree........But what has been so great about it. is that we all have a lot of emotion and disagreements, we all are still here........

Not like some boards that I see over the Net........

This is what I liked about what Jimmy C established here, and I will be sad to see that openness and open minded disagreement end........

Damn Steph---What's ending?? A few smilies ?? You just made a pretty "open" post. It's still here. I just don't see the big heavy handed censorship coming down that you apparently do

I think for the most part, people come here BECAUSE they like debate and expect the discussion to be on volatile topics. I have no problem with a moderator who has strong views because I would expect nothing less. No point to taking a lot of space up here giving specific examples. But it is fairly common for a couple of the mods to insult posters for their views. When issues have arisen I found that the only one who is really responsive, when contacted privately, was Jim, though Kathianne always hears us out and

I have also made more than a few friends from the other side of the aisle along the way, so that isn't an issue either. I just know what standards were expected of me when I moderated and they were, for the most part, good ones.

Jillian, there must be limits on what people can say to each other. I am a big boy and I can hold my own. What when a jerk says I have sex with children or would pimp my mother - that is over the line

Patientce is the objective, try not to lose your cool along the way while understanding that someone elses's view may differ.

I guess the 3 "worst" things that could happen to you here in "vitual land" are being banned, losing rep points, or having people say bad things about you. I would assume that to those who have been here the longest the banning would be seen as the worst as it would isolate one from a community of people that many here have come to rely on for various reasons.

Perhaps if the banning process were examined a bit and explained clearly to everyone, people could cool thier jets and feel a bit more relaxed to express opinions that my not be all that popular.

I think everyone would agree that if they owned the board, there would be some kind of standard that everyone was expected to go by--- including the owner and moderators.

Clarity and equality don't seem so far fetched that we can't at least strive for them ( knowing full well that someone will ALWAYS push the envelope)

I guess the 3 "worst" things that could happen to you here in "vitual land" are being banned, losing rep points, or having people say bad things about you. I would assume that to those who have been here the longest the banning would be seen as the worst as it would isolate one from a community of people that many here have come to rely on for various reasons.

Perhaps if the banning process were examined a bit and explained clearly to everyone, people could cool thier jets and feel a bit more relaxed to express opinions that my not be all that popular.

I think everyone would agree that if they owned the board, there would be some kind of standard that everyone was expected to go by--- including the owner and moderators.

Clarity and equality don't seem so far fetched that we can't at least strive for them ( knowing full well that someone will ALWAYS push the envelope)

WHAT!!!!!!!!

OH the hell with it.......

thtantrumgr7.gif

Does this help.....Greg..??

welcome to the land of oz....

:rofl:

Do you all think that in the course of a heated debate between a poster and a mod the poster should be able to say to the mod things such as "your a joke as a mod", "Jimmy made you a mod out of pity", "you have no authority over me".....basically saying you aren't shit?

The thing Jilly babe is referring to is a 1 day ban Chump received a few months back for doing exactly that. The ban had exactly nothing to do with baiting, silencing or different political views. Hell I didn't even ban him, Darin did after he ran across Chump running his filthy piehole.

Jilly I would appreciate if you would stop falsely libeling me and the mod crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back