Keep on trucking Donald Trump ... Concerns rise following latest trucking company shut down

Denizen

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2018
Love hurts. Donald Trump loves truckers. However, truckers wish he would love them a bit less.

It appears that owner-drivers in the trucking business are facing downward pressure on their rates for trucking goods.

"More than 600 trucking companies have reportedly filed for bankruptcy in the first half of the year."

This is not only hurting those who have been laid off but affects all in the industry as the pool of unemployed or underemployed truck drivers puts pressure on the wages of the rest of the workforce.

Thank you Donald Trump.

Concerns rise following latest trucking company shut down

TOP STORIES
by: Angelica Robinson
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 / 04:53 PM EST / Updated: Dec 10, 2019 / 04:53 PM EST
trucks on highway

Concerns about the state of the trucking industry are on the rise after an Indiana-based trucking company filed for bankruptcy.
Celadon Trucking shut down operations leaving thousands of drivers without jobs. This comes just days after two former officials were charged in a fraud scheme. They’re are accused of defrauding the company and its shareholders of $60 million in stock value.
It is the latest in what some drivers describe as an industry downturn.
More than 600 trucking companies have reportedly filed for bankruptcy in the first half of the year.
“Greed is the number one problem in this industry,” said John Allen, a local truck driver. “The ones that control the money want to keep the money.”
Allen knows the ins and outs of the industry. He has been driving trucks for more than 20 years and owns a small trucking company.
“This is probably one of the worst years I’ve seen in 22 years.”
He said crashes involving semi trucks has gone up, trucking companies continue to go out of business, and companies are paying less to have goods shipped.
“$1.60 a mile on average is about the best your going to find,” said Allen. “There are people trying to get you to haul for 80 cents a mile. For me to run one of my trucks and pay my driver good money, I can’t afford to run 80 cents a mile. I’ve need $2.00 a mile or more.”
Now more than 3,200 former Celadon drivers are looking for work, which could have a negative impact on drivers.
“They’re going to be looking for jobs that’s going to give mega companies an opportunity to pay less,” said Allen. “If companies would take care of their drivers we wouldn’t have such a problem.”

Love hurts. Donald Trump loves truckers. However, truckers wish he would love them a bit less.

It appears that owner-drivers in the trucking business are facing downward pressure on their rates for trucking goods.

"More than 600 trucking companies have reportedly filed for bankruptcy in the first half of the year."

This is not only hurting those who have been laid off but affects all in the industry as the pool of unemployed or underemployed truck drivers puts pressure on the wages of the rest of the workforce.

Thank you Donald Trump.

TOP STORIES
trucks on highway

Concerns about the state of the trucking industry are on the rise after an Indiana-based trucking company filed for bankruptcy.
Celadon Trucking shut down operations leaving thousands of drivers without jobs. This comes just days after two former officials were charged in a fraud scheme. They’re are accused of defrauding the company and its shareholders of $60 million in stock value.
More than 600 trucking companies have reportedly filed for bankruptcy in the first half of the year.
“Greed is the number one problem in this industry,” said John Allen, a local truck driver. “The ones that control the money want to keep the money.”
Allen knows the ins and outs of the industry. He has been driving trucks for more than 20 years and owns a small trucking company.
He said crashes involving semi trucks has gone up, trucking companies continue to go out of business, and companies are paying less to have goods shipped.
“$1.60 a mile on average is about the best your going to find,” said Allen. “There are people trying to get you to haul for 80 cents a mile. For me to run one of my trucks and pay my driver good money, I can’t afford to run 80 cents a mile. I’ve need $2.00 a mile or more.”
Now more than 3,200 former Celadon drivers are looking for work, which could have a negative impact on drivers.
“They’re going to be looking for jobs that’s going to give mega companies an opportunity to pay less,” said Allen. “If companies would take care of their drivers we wouldn’t have such a problem.”
Makes sense. We're in a free-fall recession, or so I heard a couple of months ago.

• Banned
Could portend a recession as trucking would be a leading indicator of an economic downturn.

Truckin', got my chips cashed in
Keep truckin', like the orange man

Together, more or less in line
Just keep truckin' oooOOoooonnnn
donald-trump7.jpg

Celadon Trucking threw drivers out on Main Street
Chicago, New York, Detroit and it's all on the same street
Your typical fraud involved in a typical fraud scheme
Hang it up and see what tomorrow brings

download.php

Dallas, got a soft machine;
Houston, too close to New Orleans;
New York's got the ways and means
But just won't let you be, oh no

33djdc.jpg

Most of the fools down in DC speak of true love
Most of the time they're sittin' and tweetin’ at home
One of these days their lobbyists need to throw them
Out of the door and down on the streets all alone

images

Truckin', like the orange man
Once told me "You've got to tweet your hand"
Sometimes your cards ain't worth a dime
If you don't lay'em down

5mw1mio2y7ny.jpg

Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me
Other times I can barely see

Lately it occurs to me
What a long, strange trip it's been

~S~
w/apologies to deadheads everywhere

Thank you Donald Trump.

TOP STORIES
trucks on highway

Not that Unions have anything to do with some of the problems like over promising wages and retirements that some companies cant do. I know someone who is in logistics and he says he cant find enough truckers to haul all the goods. Seems that maybe we will see more free lance drivers who are their own CEO's. But alas, there are those on this board that just cant pull their heads out of Uranus.

Thank you Donald Trump.

TOP STORIES
trucks on highway

Unfortunately, there is nothing in your stupid article that connects the low shipping wages available these days with the President. Trump or his policies aren't even MENTIONED in the article you pathetic jackass!

What a bullshit OP. Two officials commit fraud and its Trump's fault? Get fucked.
"Celadon Trucking shut down operations leaving thousands of drivers without jobs. This comes just days after two former officials were charged in a fraud scheme. They’re are accused of defrauding the company and its shareholders of $60 million in stock value."

What a bullshit OP. Two officials commit fraud and its Trump's fault? Get fucked.
"Celadon Trucking shut down operations leaving thousands of drivers without jobs. This comes just days after two former officials were charged in a fraud scheme. They’re are accused of defrauding the company and its shareholders of $60 million in stock value."

And yet somehow amazingly, the OP didn't find Obama responsible for any of the Vets that died under his watch for lack of being able to see a doctor nor any of the million who died in the Middle East fleeing the ISIS regime that grew and prospered over the two years Obama turned a blind eye calling them a JV team.

Thank you Donald Trump.

TOP STORIES
trucks on highway

Unfortunately, there is nothing in your stupid article that connects the low shipping wages available these days with the President. Trump or his policies aren't even MENTIONED in the article you pathetic jackass!

Trump boats the economy is the best ever and Trump claims all the credit.

The article emphasizes that Donald Trump is a liar and the economy is not the best ever.

New Topics

Forum List

Back