Karma,

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
File this under "Be careful what you wish for."

Am I a bad person because this made me laugh?

Many in New York’s professional and cultural elite have long supported President Obama’s health care plan. But now, to their surprise, thousands of writers, opera singers, music teachers, photographers, doctors, lawyers and others are learning that their health insurance plans are being canceled and they may have to pay more to get comparable coverage, if they can find it.They are part of an unusual, informal health insurance system that has developed in New York, in which independent practitioners were able to get lower insurance rates through group plans, typically set up by their professional associations or chambers of commerce. That allowed them to avoid the sky-high rates in New York’s individual insurance market, historically among the most expensive in the country. But under the Affordable Care Act, they will be treated as individuals, responsible for their own insurance policies. For many of them, that is likely to mean they will no longer have access to a wide network of doctors and a range of plans tailored to their needs. And many of them are finding that if they want to keep their premiums from rising, they will have to accept higher deductible and co-pay costs or inferior coverage.
“I couldn’t sleep because of it,” said Barbara Meinwald, a solo practitioner lawyer in Manhattan.
Ms. Meinwald, 61, has been paying $10,000 a year for her insurance through the New York City Bar. A broker told her that a new temporary plan with fewer doctors would cost $5,000 more, after factoring in the cost of her medications.
Ms. Meinwald also looked on the state’s health insurance exchange. But she said she found that those plans did not have a good choice of doctors, and that it was hard to even find out who the doctors were, and which hospitals were covered. “It’s like you’re blindfolded and you’re told that you have to buy something,” she said.
The people affected include not just writers, artists, doctors and the like, they said, but also independent tradespeople, like home builders or carpenters, who work on their own.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/14/n...-professionals.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=5&

It makes me laugh too.

And it's going to get much, much worse for them. And they will be very surprised, right before they die of (previously) treatable ailments.

Nothing about Obamacare and its failures if funny. Nothing. It's all very sad and depressing.

It was sad and depressing when people were refusing to acknowledge that this was going to happen.

Now it's funny.

"Poetic justice" would me more apt description. This is what happens when someone blindly supports a bad law, in this case letting their party "blindfold" (as Ms. Meinwald put it) them into thinking that it will actually help them. While they went on bashing conservatives for hating the poor, being racists, and not caring about sick people, they failed to actually read what was in the law before they urged it's passage, and thus it did not help them as they first believed. Not in the slightest.

"We have to pass it to know what's in it" Pelosi once uttered. Yeah, they knew exactly what was in that law to begin with, they knew from the beginning, and ignored dire warnings of the consequences of its effects. Now, this may turn into one of the biggest mistakes and miscalculations by liberalism in the past century.

Yes, that's poetic justice.

Last edited:
I was in physical therapy yesterday, and I couldn't help overhearing this woman talking to someone in the next room. She was upset, she was crying. I listened closer (call me an ass, but it is human nature)..and I heard her say that she would have to stop coming to therapy in January. That she is losing her insurance and cannot afford to come anymore because the only insurance she can now afford will never pay for anything.
She was speaking of course of the outrageous $10,000 deductible and 40% copay.
She can't afford to go to the doctor next year.
And that....is Obamacare.
And take that liberals and shove it up your ass...you caused this. Because you wanted something for nothing...and instead got nothing for something.

Many in New York’s professional and cultural elite have long supported President Obama’s health care plan. But now, to their surprise, thousands of writers, opera singers, music teachers, photographers, doctors, lawyers and others are learning that their health insurance plans are being canceled and they may have to pay more to get comparable coverage, if they can find it.They are part of an unusual, informal health insurance system that has developed in New York, in which independent practitioners were able to get lower insurance rates through group plans, typically set up by their professional associations or chambers of commerce. That allowed them to avoid the sky-high rates in New York’s individual insurance market, historically among the most expensive in the country. But under the Affordable Care Act, they will be treated as individuals, responsible for their own insurance policies. For many of them, that is likely to mean they will no longer have access to a wide network of doctors and a range of plans tailored to their needs. And many of them are finding that if they want to keep their premiums from rising, they will have to accept higher deductible and co-pay costs or inferior coverage.
“I couldn’t sleep because of it,” said Barbara Meinwald, a solo practitioner lawyer in Manhattan.
Ms. Meinwald, 61, has been paying $10,000 a year for her insurance through the New York City Bar. A broker told her that a new temporary plan with fewer doctors would cost $5,000 more, after factoring in the cost of her medications.
Ms. Meinwald also looked on the state’s health insurance exchange. But she said she found that those plans did not have a good choice of doctors, and that it was hard to even find out who the doctors were, and which hospitals were covered. “It’s like you’re blindfolded and you’re told that you have to buy something,” she said.
The people affected include not just writers, artists, doctors and the like, they said, but also independent tradespeople, like home builders or carpenters, who work on their own.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/14/n...-professionals.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=5&

People getting what the got coming is always funny.

but

People are going to die b/c of the aca.

And we will all have to listen to abc, cbs, nbc, msn, hln, cnn, npr lie about how it's ok.

I highly recommend reading up on herbal medicines and doing what you can for your own health issues. Which is what I do myself, now. If I die...well...can't live forever. And, most doctors are refusing to see anyone uninsured and those that do, are limited in what they are allowed to do. Which means...most of us are shit outta luck.

We are reverting back to wagon wheel days. Got money and can see any doc ya want? No problem. Poor? Find a cave and do what animals do when they are sick.

I love it when liberals complain about the impact of redistribution on themselves as opposed to advocating redistribution from others. Unfortunately when they retire they will move down south away from the states they ruined for the lower cost of living and vote the same way that ruined the places they ran away from.

Last edited:
Question:

Once obama is out of office, can this supposed obamacare be dumped?

If Republicans take back both houses in November next year, it could be dumped as soon as January of 2015. If they have enough votes, they could even completely override a presidential veto.

Aren't there a lot of democrats also unhappy with this obamacare? Personally, I think he just wanted it to pass because his name is attached to it.

"Poetic justice" would me more apt description. This is what happens when someone blindly supports a bad law, in this case letting their party "blindfold" (as Ms. Meinwald put it) them into thinking that it will actually help them. While they went on bashing conservatives for hating the poor, being racists, and not caring about sick people, they failed to actually read what was in the law before they urged it's passage, and thus it did not help them as they first believed. Not in the slightest.

"We have to pass it to know what's in it" Pelosi once uttered. Yeah, they knew exactly what was in that law to begin with, they knew from the beginning, and ignored dire warnings of the consequences of its effects. Now, this may turn into one of the biggest mistakes and miscalculations by liberalism in the past century.

Yes, that's poetic justice.

The blindfold was in place when Congress voted on a law so that they could find out what was in it.

Aren't there a lot of democrats also unhappy with this obamacare? Personally, I think he just wanted it to pass because his name is attached to it.

Many were.

But no more.

The disaffected each got a personal e-mail from Their New Messiah with instructions set to music:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU]Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy - YouTube[/ame]

Question:

Once obama is out of office, can this supposed obamacare be dumped?

If Republicans take back both houses in November next year, it could be dumped as soon as January of 2015. If they have enough votes, they could even completely override a presidential veto.

Ah, yes, but are their representatives in both houses capable of bucking the party line?

you get what you vote for, right?

They were RABID obama supporters.

Now it is their time to enjoy the consequences.

At least there are some fairy tail endings in all this.
What makes it even sweeter?...it doesnt affect me at all.

Forum List

Back