Karl Rove: Obama Won 'By Suppressing The Vote'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Amanda Terkel

Mitt Romney lost the election because President Barack Obama engaged in voter suppression, according to Republican political strategist Karl Rove.

"He succeeded by suppressing the vote," Rove said in an interview on Fox News with anchor Megyn Kelly on Thursday afternoon, "by saying to people, 'You may not like who I am and I know you can't bring yourself to vote for me, but I'm going to paint this other guy as simply a rich guy who only cares about himself.'"

Rove didn't actually give any examples of ways in which Obama made it harder for people to exercise their constitutional right at the polls -- things like voter ID laws, which have been pushed by GOP legislatures around the country. In fact, Obama specifically said in his victory speech that it was unfair that people had to wait in line for hours to vote, which occurred in part because Republicans reduced the time period for early voting.

More: Karl Rove: Obama Won 'By Suppressing The Vote'

By Amanda Terkel

Mitt Romney lost the election because President Barack Obama engaged in voter suppression, according to Republican political strategist Karl Rove.

"He succeeded by suppressing the vote," Rove said in an interview on Fox News with anchor Megyn Kelly on Thursday afternoon, "by saying to people, 'You may not like who I am and I know you can't bring yourself to vote for me, but I'm going to paint this other guy as simply a rich guy who only cares about himself.'"

Rove didn't actually give any examples of ways in which Obama made it harder for people to exercise their constitutional right at the polls -- things like voter ID laws, which have been pushed by GOP legislatures around the country. In fact, Obama specifically said in his victory speech that it was unfair that people had to wait in line for hours to vote, which occurred in part because Republicans reduced the time period for early voting.

He's grabbing for any straw...any straw at all...as he circles the bowl.

Hmmm., pissed because he got beat at his own game? Imagine that, painting your opponents as something they're not! I wonder where Obama learned that trick?

Rove is an idiot.

Suppressing the vote is what GOP did to Ron Paul during nomination period.

Did you two Mensa members happen to notice nowhere in the video clip did he use the words voter suppression suppressing the vote or accuse Obama of it? My god Obama wins and you still have to post lies that is truly sad.

Rove represents everything I hate about Fox. He really does.

Obama is still an idiot and a failed President. He just had better handlers and campaign strategists. Didn't Romney use McCain's failed guy?

The better campaigner won, not the better man. Not even the better leader.

Last edited:
Did you two Mensa members happen to notice nowhere in the video clip did he use the words voter suppression suppressing the vote or accuse Obama of it? My god Obama wins and you still have to post lies that is truly sad.

"He succeeded by suppressing the vote," Rove said in an interview on Fox News with anchor Megyn Kelly on Thursday afternoon,

Are you dense?

Karl Rove is projecting the only way the GOP knows how to win anymore on Obama.

It is more about media soundbytes. Which ones will carry? Rove knows this as do the talking bombastic heads on the left. They use key hot button words to get the attention and following of their foot soldiers. The left does it also.

Ole Turd Blossom really seems to have a math problem. He's like Jethro Bodine from The Beverly Hillbillies. He's got a ciphering problem...

Karl Rove: Obama Won 'By Suppressing The Vote'

Is Karl Rove accusing Obama of "Swiftboating" Mitt Romney?

If he did, Karl has only himself to blame.

By Amanda Terkel

I actually like Rove; he was a genius in running Bush's campaigns, but he needs to grow up. The only voter suppression was caused by Mitt moving so far to the right that many Republican moderates just stayed home. Romney's Mormonism may have played into that also. The funny thing is that Romney never needed to move so far to the right. With the economy being as bad as it is, he could have run his campaign on fiscal responsibility without all the tax cuts, and still won. Moderates would have supported him, and he most likely would have won. Instead, he portrayed himself as the candidate for the very wealthy. When unemployment is high and a lot of people are struggling, that usually isn't a very successful formula.

644088_436997823024428_2000441274_n.jpg

Forum List

Back