Kamala has died! not the VP contender from California, but the African from Uganda 80's heel wrestling legend, known for his scary & demeaning look

The Ugandan Warrior Kamala was an amazing performer
I enjoyed all of his stuff on Youtube, he famously wrestled Hulk Hogan
A character like that can never exist in todays world

I remember that Bobby the Brain Hennan "found him" and introduced him on WWF one Sunday. He grabs a fish and eats it raw on some island somewhere (probably Hawaii), mumbling some words nobody understood. What a creepy dude his character was, but the sport was fun back.

RIP

i always thought Heenan was awesome. after learning that factoid even more so!

Best stories you will ever hear are from the old school wrestlers. What a blast. Especially stories about Andre, who everyone agreed was basically the toughest wrestler who could really hurt people (and did if he didn't like you).

Those days were fun watching it all on TV, collecting cards, watching cartoons of them. None of what I saw was nearly as fun as the fun they had outside the ring. Craziest stuff. Back when viewers believed it all, and if you were a bad guy you couldn't be seen with a good guy etc. Just funny stories.

I remember that Bobby the Brain Hennan "found him" and introduced him on WWF one Sunday. He grabs a fish and eats it raw on some island somewhere (probably Hawaii), mumbling some words nobody understood. What a creepy dude his character was, but the sport was fun back.

RIP

Best stories you will ever hear are from the old school wrestlers. What a blast. Especially stories about Andre, who everyone agreed was basically the toughest wrestler who could really hurt people (and did if he didn't like you).

Those days were fun watching it all on TV, collecting cards, watching cartoons of them. None of what I saw was nearly as fun as the fun they had outside the ring. Craziest stuff. Back when viewers believed it all, and if you were a bad guy you couldn't be seen with a good guy etc. Just funny stories.

i grew up during the 90's watching WCW. missed the whole attitude era. but then later became reaquainted with. wrestling in the 80's was too slow, i'm fast forwarding these kamala matches on youtube!

RIP

Kamala got his break as The Mississippi Mauler working with Big Daddy Crabtree

Bret Hart says about him: "Unlike his heel character, he was one of the friendliest, nicest, happy-go-lucky guys I ever knew in pro wrestling"

Kamala lost both of his legs later in life, apparently

Last edited:

RIP

i grew up during the 90's watching WCW. missed the whole attitude era. but then later became reaquainted with. wrestling in the 80's was too slow, i'm fast forwarding these kamala matches on youtube!

From maybe 1983-86 I would watch it plenty. Every weekend, friends and I would have fake matches outside, I watched WrestleMania 3 I think from the old Maple Leafs Gardens on close captioned TV. It was just the best.

All characters back then, much of it ad lib and off the cuff other than the most serious confrontations, such as I imagine when Andre, Hogans best friend, yanked his crucifix from his neck on Pipers Pit. I imagine that was well choreographed for future battles (and the eventual half slam Hogan threw on Andre).

I recall Hogan was the highest paid athlete at the time, just over $2M. Soon passed by Eddie Murray of the Orioles if my memory is correct. It was just a fun time to use your imagination. The stuff wouldn't pass today, but at the time it was great.

RIP

From maybe 1983-86 I would watch it plenty. Every weekend, friends and I would have fake matches outside, I watched WrestleMania 3 I think from the old Maple Leafs Gardens on close captioned TV. It was just the best.

All characters back then, much of it ad lib and off the cuff other than the most serious confrontations, such as I imagine when Andre, Hogans best friend, yanked his crucifix from his neck on Pipers Pit. I imagine that was well choreographed for future battles (and the eventual half slam Hogan threw on Andre).

I recall Hogan was the highest paid athlete at the time, just over $2M. Soon passed by Eddie Murray of the Orioles if my memory is correct. It was just a fun time to use your imagination. The stuff wouldn't pass today, but at the time it was great.

Hogan only knew like 5 moves...but his bodyslam of Andre is legendary. he had to have 9 back surgeries because of it

what do you think about what Marty Jennetty did? WWE "legend" & Sassy Shawn Michaels tag partner Mendacious Marty Jannetty's Apparent Murder Confession Sparks Police Investigation

RIP

Hogan only knew like 5 moves...but his bodyslam of Andre is legendary. he had to have 9 back surgeries because of it

what do you think about what Marty Jennetty did? WWE "legend" & Sassy Shawn Michaels tag partner Mendacious Marty Jannetty's Apparent Murder Confession Sparks Police Investigation

I don't know about all of that stuff, I think I read something about that a few days ago. Who knows if it's true or not, I wasn't a big fan of the Rockers at that time, didn't even know who he was until I read the article.

He would still be the better VP choice than Harris

Kamala looks slim here. this was pre-WWF. i wonder if the WWF told him to grow his beer belly so that he can look more menacing

you can watch Kamala V Undertaker in a coffin match on the WWE's channel on Youtube

i won't post it

RIP

I don't know about all of that stuff, I think I read something about that a few days ago. Who knows if it's true or not, I wasn't a big fan of the Rockers at that time, didn't even know who he was until I read the article.

EfBmQ0UWAAQ7hrf

Back in the day I used to take my son to the wrestling matches. He absolutely loved it.
One weekend Andre the Giant was one of the featured wrestlers.
I want to get close to him to see how big this guy really was, so I stood by the doorway were he would enter the ring. When he came out I was about 3 ft. away from him,
Man!! He was freakin huge. I couldn't believe a human could be that big. Each of the fingers on his hand were the size of my wrist, and his head was way larger than a basketball ... :cool:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back