Kamala and Joe: Want Puerto Rico and DC added as 51st and 52nd states. Say that it will add 4 more DEM Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFrench2

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2021
Fort Worth, TX
Joe wants to get more Democratic Senators, so that they can end the Republican filibuster forever. And then pack the courts...who will be able to stop Kamala's run in 2024? With Trump out of the picture, I don't know who will stop us.

Maybe Ivanka will run in 2024... I don't know. But with 4 more Senators, our party will be in control forever.

1. Puerto Rico can and probably should be a state.
  2. The District of Columbia needs to take back the Civil War land retrocession from Virginia, but it cannot be a state under the Constitution.

DC is in Maryland, that is who it should become a part of. PR should have long ago been a state.

Joe wants to get more Democratic Senators, so that they can end the Republican filibuster forever. And then pack the courts...who will be able to stop Kamala's run in 2024? With Trump out of the picture, I don't know who will stop us.

Maybe Ivanka will run in 2024... I don't know. But with 4 more Senators, our party will be in control forever.
DC cant just become a state. It will be given back to Maryland, if anything.

DC is in Maryland, that is who it should become a part of. PR should have long ago been a state.
So you are saying that the part of DC that remains north and east of the Potomac River should be granted to Maryland in a second retrocession, whereby the entire district, which by law exists in all its 100 square miles, should cease to exist?

That's the real Democrat agenda, all right.

There is no surprise about the future.

1. The United States of America will become a non-Caucasian majority nation.

2. Both the Democratic Party and the Republican Party (perhaps under another name) will be running mostly non-Caucasian candidates.

3. Yes, of course, D.C. & Puerto Rico will be solidly within the ranks of the Dems or maybe even the Republicans in the coming decades.

4. Some (many?) Americans sincerely believe that this country has a bright future.

5. Others respectfully disagree.

6. Only our grandchildren's grandchildren will know who was right.

If you can't win under the current rules, cheat and change them.

Link?

There is nothing saying Puerto Rico or DC cannot vote Republican

Republicans just need to work harder

I don't see how Puerto Rico or DC make it as a state unless the Senate kills the filibuster, which a few Dem senators have said they won't support. Thank God.

DC is not represented by either a Senator or Congressman. They pay more Federal Taxes than 22 states

Taxation without representation

There is no surprise about the future.

1. The United States of America will become a non-Caucasian majority nation.

2. Both the Democratic Party and the Republican Party (perhaps under another name) will be running mostly non-Caucasian candidates.

3. Yes, of course, D.C. & Puerto Rico will be solidly within the ranks of the Dems or maybe even the Republicans in the coming decades.

4. Some (many?) Americans sincerely believe that this country has a bright future.

5. Others respectfully disagree.

6. Only our grandchildren's grandchildren will know who was right.

I agree mostly with the exception of #6. If the Democrats get their way, we will know just how wrong(or right) they are in the very near future. The sad part is that we have at least a couple of generations that refuse to see where they are being led.

A start would be to declare DC a Congressional District.
Their population (700,000) would warrant one member of Congress.

Members of the House do not represent their state, they represent their Congressional District. So there is no impact of DC not being a state.

Notice the OP puts the Hoe before Veggie Joe......................

DC is not represented by either a Senator or Congressman. They pay more Federal Taxes than 22 states

Taxation without representation
Most of the jobs there are tax funded.

So?
The people earn their salary. They pay more taxes than 22 other states but have no say in how that money is spent and no representative protecting their interests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back