K-Cup Coffee....What's Your Brand?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Last year I was at a yard sale and bought a new in box single cup Keurig k-cup machine for $1.00.....LOL....It's most expensive dollar I've ever spent.

I went through a few sample packs of different (supposedly good) brands and found all of them wanting to one degree or another.

I then read a post on another board about Newman's Own brand, found it on sale at Costco, and tried it......Winner!

Costco runs it on sale all the time and It's really good.....It's usually around $35.00 for 100.

0061124735508_A

I brew my own also, whole bean I grind and run through my drip coffee maker. World Market Amalfi Coast Espresso roast. I'm getting ready to try their whole bean Dallmayr d'Oro when my last Amalfi coast bag gets used up.

Like some here I used to brew my own.
From roasting to grinding,coffee to Espresso.
I still do occasionally but I dont mind a cup from my Keurig.
Is it as good as my home roast? Of course not but sometimes I just don't want to deal with the process of roasting and letting it sit for a week before I can have a cup of coffee.
And it's nice when I do decide to go with the whole process because it makes you appreciate a really good coffee.
Not to mention the stench and mess of roasting your own.

I'm thinking of shifting to the k-cup because I seem to waste a lot of coffee and I forget to turn my coffee pot off. However, sometimes when I look at the total cost it seems like it's more expensive.

I'm thinking of shifting to the k-cup because I seem to waste a lot of coffee and I forget to turn my coffee pot off. However, sometimes when I look at the total cost it seems like it's more expensive.

It is more expensive.
You're paying for the convenience. But like you said leaving a half finished pot might make up for the extra price of K-cups.
Whats even more expensive is cold brewed coffee which I drink in the summer months.
Cant remember the weight of the coffee beans because the Wife brews it for me but it's up there.
One big bag of beans worth will make around 5 servings. I mix it in with my Vanilla protein drink and it Kicks Ass!!

It is more expensive.
You're paying for the convenience. But like you said leaving a half finished pot might make up for the extra price of K-cups.
Whats even more expensive is cold brewed coffee which I drink in the summer months.
Cant remember the weight of the coffee beans because the Wife brews it for me but it's up there.
One big bag of beans worth will make around 5 servings. I mix it in with my Vanilla protein drink and it Kicks Ass!!
Five servings is not much at all. I love cold brewed coffee but I haven't tried to make it. If it's that expensive I will just stick with iced coffee and call it a day.

If on sale at Costco it's about .35 cents a k-cup of the Newman's Own.....Meh, .70 cents a day (for me) is not too extravagant.....A basic (with or without a water reservoir) single cup Kuerig maker will set you back around $40.00-$100.00. I'm sure other brands might be cheaper and even have better features.

This is the one I have except it's red. I don't know if it's still in production or not.

jade-keurig-single-serve-coffee-makers-120312-64_1000.jpg

The only time I drink K-cup coffee is when I'm over at Mom's.

I usually buy Black Rifle Co. whole bean coffee and grind it as needed...

Five servings is not much at all. I love cold brewed coffee but I haven't tried to make it. If it's that expensive I will just stick with iced coffee and call it a day.

Cold brew is super easy to make at home. I've been doing it for years. I drink cold brew most of the year, only do hot coffee in the middle of winter when it's really cold outside (which is like 1 month in Texas).

Forum List

Back