JW~McCabe Memo Details How DOJ’s Rosenstein Proposed Wearing a Wire into Oval Office to record Trump

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Judicial Watch announced today it obtained a two-page memo , dated May 16, 2017, by then-Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe detailing how then-Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein proposed wearing a wire into the Oval Office “to collect additional evidence on the president’s true intentions.” McCabe writes that Rosenstein said he thought it was possible because “he was not searched when he entered the White House.”

The Justice Department turned over the document last Friday at 5:27 pm in a Judicial Watch February, 2019 Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit filed after the Justice Department and FBI failed to respond to September 2, 2018 FOIA requests for documents about any FBI/DOJ discussions regarding the 25th Amendment and plans to secretly record President Trump in the Oval Office ( Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of Justice (No. 1:19-cv-00388) .

The memo, which is redacted in key sections, purports to serve as a “contemporaneous recollection” of a meeting that day (“12:30 pm on 5/16/2017”) in Rosenstein’s office. The meeting included Rosenstein, Deputy Assistant AG for Intelligence Tashina Gauhar and Principal Associate Deputy Attorney General Jim Crowell in Rosenstein’s Justice Department office. McCabe writes he began the meeting by telling Rosenstein that he “approved the opening of an investigation of President Donald Trump … to investigate allegations of possible collusion between the president and the Russian Government, possible obstruction of justice related to the firing of FBI Director James Comey, and possible conspiracy to obstruct justice.” In justifying his investigation, McCabe refers to the memos Comey secretly wrote on meetings he had with President Trump and an NBC interview with Lester Holt. McCabe writes he “informed DAG [Rosenstein] that as a result of his role in the matter, I thought he would be a witness to the case.”

Rosenstein responded by recounting his discussion with President Trump, then-Attorney General Sessions and then-White House Counsel Don McGahn about Comey’s imminent firing and that President Trump wanted him to write a “memo explaining the reason” for Comey’s firing. McCabe writes:

As our conversation continued the DAG proposed that he could potentially wear a recording device into the Oval Office to collect additional evidence on the President’s true intentions. He said he thought this might be possible because he was not searched when he entered the White House. I told him that I would discuss the opportunity with my investigative team and get back to him.

Read MUCH MORE AT.
Judicial Watch ^

One thing that I am very intrigued with is

The DAG related to me that on Sunday, 05/14/17, the AG asked him to participate in the interview of [redacted] for the position of FBI Director. [Redacted].

Seem to recall that Robert Mueller denied under oath in testimony to Congress that he had been interviewed for the position of FBI Director before being appointed Special Prosecutor

Judicial Watch announced today it obtained a two-page memo , dated May 16, 2017, by then-Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe detailing how then-Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein proposed wearing a wire into the Oval Office “to collect additional evidence on the president’s true intentions.” McCabe writes that Rosenstein said he thought it was possible because “he was not searched when he entered the White House.”

The Justice Department turned over the document last Friday at 5:27 pm in a Judicial Watch February, 2019 Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit filed after the Justice Department and FBI failed to respond to September 2, 2018 FOIA requests for documents about any FBI/DOJ discussions regarding the 25th Amendment and plans to secretly record President Trump in the Oval Office ( Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of Justice (No. 1:19-cv-00388) .

The memo, which is redacted in key sections, purports to serve as a “contemporaneous recollection” of a meeting that day (“12:30 pm on 5/16/2017”) in Rosenstein’s office. The meeting included Rosenstein, Deputy Assistant AG for Intelligence Tashina Gauhar and Principal Associate Deputy Attorney General Jim Crowell in Rosenstein’s Justice Department office. McCabe writes he began the meeting by telling Rosenstein that he “approved the opening of an investigation of President Donald Trump … to investigate allegations of possible collusion between the president and the Russian Government, possible obstruction of justice related to the firing of FBI Director James Comey, and possible conspiracy to obstruct justice.” In justifying his investigation, McCabe refers to the memos Comey secretly wrote on meetings he had with President Trump and an NBC interview with Lester Holt. McCabe writes he “informed DAG [Rosenstein] that as a result of his role in the matter, I thought he would be a witness to the case.”

Rosenstein responded by recounting his discussion with President Trump, then-Attorney General Sessions and then-White House Counsel Don McGahn about Comey’s imminent firing and that President Trump wanted him to write a “memo explaining the reason” for Comey’s firing. McCabe writes:

As our conversation continued the DAG proposed that he could potentially wear a recording device into the Oval Office to collect additional evidence on the President’s true intentions. He said he thought this might be possible because he was not searched when he entered the White House. I told him that I would discuss the opportunity with my investigative team and get back to him.

Read MUCH MORE AT.
Judicial Watch ^

The DAG related to me that on Sunday, 05/14/17, the AG asked him to participate in the interview of [redacted] for the position of FBI Director. [Redacted].

Seem to recall that Robert Mueller denied under oath in testimony to Congress that he had been interviewed for the position of FBI Director before being appointed Special Prosecutor
Too bad. Trump would likely be in prison right now had Rosenstein succeeded with the wire.

If

Read MUCH MORE AT.
Judicial Watch ^

Too bad. Trump would likely be in prison right now had Rosenstein succeeded with the wire.
I think in D.C
And could you tell us what he said that would put him in prison?....This should be of interest!...Let's see what you got!

Forum List

Back