Justices Alito and Kavanaugh Meet With Leader Of Anti-Gay Christian Hate Group

While all Justices and Judges, indeed all people have their biases, this strikes me as different and disturbing. Justices will typically make an honest attempt to balance their ideology with a sound application of the law and the constitution, even when that ideology shapes their perception and interpretation of the law

This however shows a blatant intent and desire to bend the law to the detriment of the LGTB community. I have to wonder why they hell they were there-rubbing elbows with vicious bigots - and engaged in such a public display of support for their hatful agenda.

Yes I know, Ruth Bader Ginsburg presided over same sex wedding so don't bother in invoke that. She was performing a public service in her capacity as a Justice. Again, this is different . there was no need for it, it demeans the court and undermines any semblance of impartiality

After a photo emerged of Kavanaugh and Alito meeting with Brian Brown, the president of the National Organization for Marriage (NOM) and the World Congress of Families, a Christian hate group, the justices are being asked to recuse themselves from LGBT rights cases
These people and organization are an anachronism that has outlived their uselessness
NOM advocates for what they claim is “traditional marriage,” and hope to take marriage rights away from same sex couples. The group’s president is Brian Brown, who boasted of a “great day at the US Supreme Court” when posting the contentious photo to his Twitter account on October 29.

Here is more

World Congress of Families | Right Wing Watch

The World Congress of Families mobilizes opposition to reproductive rights, LGBTQ equality, feminism and “gender ideology” in the name of the “natural family.” Participants in its global summits and regional gatherings share information and political strategies for mobilizing conservative culture warriors around the globe. WCF leaders are allied with right-wing authoritarian and nationalist leaders who promote “traditional values.”

National Organization for Marriage | Right Wing Watch

The National Organization for Marriage was launched in 2007 by Princeton University professor Robert P. George and conservative writer Maggie Gallagher to fight for Proposition 8, California’s ballot initiative banning gay marriage. It is currently led by Brian Brown, previously of the Family Institute of Connecticut. Especially under Brown’s leadership, NOM has expanded its mission beyond fighting marriage equality, working in opposition to LGBT rights abroad, transgender rights, nondiscrimination laws and adoption by same-sex couples. The Washington, D.C.-based group organizes the annual “March for Marriage” on the National Mall and coordinates an issue pledge for presidential candidates.
You're a liar.

Supporting Christian values isn't hate.
Hate is not a Christian Value and many Christians think that people like you are hateful

Where did you get the "Democrats hate Christians" thing when so many Democrats are themselves Christian? Don't confuse being a Christian with being a member of a specific cult.
Being a Christian means believing in Christ's teachings.

You can be a Christian and not actively oppose another person's legal right to homosexual relationships, but you can't be a Christian and embrace Homosexuality, or Abortion as a moral choice.

Words mean things. The words in the Bible mean what they mean, regardless of what you want them to mean.

If you don't believe in a man "marrying" a tree then YOU HATE TREES!

HEY!!! Just leave trees out of this clusterfuck... I like trees...

Trees-Joyce-Kilmer-336x336.jpg

While all Justices and Judges, indeed all people have their biases, this strikes me as different and disturbing. Justices will typically make an honest attempt to balance their ideology with a sound application of the law and the constitution, even when that ideology shapes their perception and interpretation of the law

This however shows a blatant intent and desire to bend the law to the detriment of the LGTB community. I have to wonder why they hell they were there-rubbing elbows with vicious bigots - and engaged in such a public display of support for their hatful agenda.

Yes I know, Ruth Bader Ginsburg presided over same sex wedding so don't bother in invoke that. She was performing a public service in her capacity as a Justice. Again, this is different . there was no need for it, it demeans the court and undermines any semblance of impartiality

After a photo emerged of Kavanaugh and Alito meeting with Brian Brown, the president of the National Organization for Marriage (NOM) and the World Congress of Families, a Christian hate group, the justices are being asked to recuse themselves from LGBT rights cases
These people and organization are an anachronism that has outlived their uselessness
NOM advocates for what they claim is “traditional marriage,” and hope to take marriage rights away from same sex couples. The group’s president is Brian Brown, who boasted of a “great day at the US Supreme Court” when posting the contentious photo to his Twitter account on October 29.

Here is more

The World Congress of Families mobilizes opposition to reproductive rights, LGBTQ equality, feminism and “gender ideology” in the name of the “natural family.” Participants in its global summits and regional gatherings share information and political strategies for mobilizing conservative culture warriors around the globe. WCF leaders are allied with right-wing authoritarian and nationalist leaders who promote “traditional values.”

The National Organization for Marriage was launched in 2007 by Princeton University professor Robert P. George and conservative writer Maggie Gallagher to fight for Proposition 8, California’s ballot initiative banning gay marriage. It is currently led by Brian Brown, previously of the Family Institute of Connecticut. Especially under Brown’s leadership, NOM has expanded its mission beyond fighting marriage equality, working in opposition to LGBT rights abroad, transgender rights, nondiscrimination laws and adoption by same-sex couples. The Washington, D.C.-based group organizes the annual “March for Marriage” on the National Mall and coordinates an issue pledge for presidential candidates.
I trust Alito to meet with anyone. I believe he will not be influenced by anyone except the law, even if I don't like some of his rulings. But Kavanaugh is a toady I believe will check with Dear Leader before he rules.

Where did you get the "Democrats hate Christians" thing when so many Democrats are themselves Christian? Don't confuse being a Christian with being a member of a specific cult.

You can be a Christian and not actively oppose another person's legal right to homosexual relationships, but you can't be a Christian and embrace Homosexuality, or Abortion as a moral choice.

Words mean things. The words in the Bible mean what they mean, regardless of what you want them to mean.
Remind me. What EXACTLY did Christ say about homosexuality?

yes, many De

Here is more

everyone gets it
Democrats hate Christians
but thanks for the constant reminders
please remind everyone again around election day

yes, Democrat Christians are amoral Christians who hate their fellow Christians
:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::aargh::aargh::aargh:

It is totally irrelevant what same sex marriage is or isn't. I don't recall any law prohibiting this practice of "biblical marriage." The "biblical marriage" people already have what they want. Now what they are doing is peeping over their fence at their neighbors.

The natural state is for a man and woman is to procreate. Marriage is a societal construct to encourage stability between heterosexual couples so as to promote strong family units which are the foundation of a developing and successful society. Same sex coupling does not include procreation among participants which makes the whole effort lacking the most important element. The creation of a human being.

Here is more

The unwarranted fear and hatred of gay and transgender Americans is alive and well among the reprehensible right.
Nothing unwarranted about keeping butt porkers away from kids.

Hate is not a Christian Value and many Christians think that people like you are hateful

As much as you want to convince everyone otherwise; common sense and basic decency are not “hate”.

True hate is seen from the side that wants to promote all manner of sick, immoral, and insane sexual perversions, and especially those who want to drag innocent children into these perversions.

Of course, you'll call it “hate” to suggest that children ought to be protected from dangerous, predatory perverts such as yourself and those with whom you align.

Here is more

So, the only thing they have done to justify your smear of being "Vicious bigots" is to oppose same sex marriage?

LOL!!!

You are the bigot.

Jesus never said anything about homosexuality or abortion. As a matter of fact, Jesus did not write the bible or anything in it, no matter what version of the bible you pick. There is no evidence that Jesus was even literate. If he was, having perhaps been given the education given to Jewish males of his generation, none of his writings has survived that we know of.

Brilliant! Just fucking BRILLIANT!! If you don't believe that a man should marry a man, Don't marry a fucking man if you're a man. Yes it is that simple!

But...but...but I always thought I would find a hairy, sweaty, smelly asshole and say "OH THAT'S THE ONE FOR MEEEEEEE" :auiqs.jpg:

Damn perverts disgust me!

Remind me. What EXACTLY did Christ say about homosexuality?
Matthew 19:4-6 New King James Version (NKJV)
4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the at the beginning made them male and female,’ 5 and said, the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

You'll notice he didn't mention the joining of men with other men, with dogs, or with avocados.

I don't give a whit who you choose to be with, and who I'm with isn't your business.

But Christianity doesn't change because you don't like it.

Last edited:
Brilliant! Just fucking BRILLIANT!! If you don't believe that a man should marry a man, Don't marry a fucking man if you're a man. Yes it is that simple!

But...but...but I always thought I would find a hairy, sweaty, smelly asshole and say "OH THAT'S THE ONE FOR MEEEEEEE" :auiqs.jpg:

Damn perverts disgust me!
Thank you for that brilliant on topic commentary to an important question of the proper conduct of members of the judiciary . You should be commemorated on raising the bar on the level of intellectual and civil discourse on the USMB Gad bless you!

Forum List

Back