Justice Roberts to Rule Against Hobby Lobby

The "will of the people"? "The people" if you would care to check out the numbers, are overwhelming in favor of contraception, including Catholics.

The only people whose will should be considered are those involved in the case. Neither Hobby Lobby nor their employees should be forced to do anything against their will.
Anything? Now I can have some fun with that. Tell us, do you think paying taxes goes against their "will"?

There is no question that an employer providing food for a company event or company lunch may prohibit any and all pork products. A hypothetical about an employer prohibiting pork should never be mentioned. If you really want that blt buy your own.

Just the way this contraceptive argument goes. The employer provides for 16 different methods. If you don't like those pay for your own.

I wonder if the Chief Justice's leaker (i.e, his alleged law intern, Mr. Horner) really spoke and if he actually said what was attributed to him?

One way to tell is to watch and see if he gets summarily dismissed in the very near future.

I wonder if the Chief Justice's leaker (i.e, his alleged law intern, Mr. Horner) really spoke and if he actually said what was attributed to him?

One way to tell is to watch and see if he gets summarily dismissed in the very near future.

The way democrats lie it's even whether this even happened at all.

Secret messge to IlarMeilyr...for his ears only...it is satire. There is no clerk.

Last edited:
Paul Horner, legal clerk for Justice Roberts, spoke with National Report: “This is a tough decision for Justice Roberts. The issues in this case are extremely complex and all Justices are aware of the implications this decision will have on the future of both Obamacare and of the insurance industry in general. The slippery slope of allowing employers to decide what to and what not to cover with regards to employees health is of concern. Who is to say a company could not come up with religious arguments against things like blood transfusions, heart transplants, etc. Outside of that, suggesting that companies themselves have religious beliefs is almost laughable and while it is inline with the Citizens United ruling, takes a step that is a bit much for Justice Roberts to swallow. My personal opinion is that he (Roberts) will again side with upholding the President’s signature legislation and leave the court out of the spotlight. Justice Roberts has a long history of doing the right thing while maintaining the honor held by the court and it is believed he will do the same here.” - See more at: Justice Roberts to Rule Against Hobby Lobby, Uphold Obamacare Mandate for Contraception Coverage - National Report | National Report

Justice Roberts to Rule Against Hobby Lobby, Uphold Obamacare Mandate for Contraception Coverage - National Report | National Report

I hope this fuck that leaked this gets hanged. But then Justice Roberts is hanging himself and his reputation going against the Constitution and the will of the people IF he rules against Hobby Lobby. It's a terrible blow to the first Amendment. But I suppose the left is just OK with that, huh, GUANO?

Whoa...

The "will of the people"? "The people" if you would care to check out the numbers, are overwhelming in favor of contraception, including Catholics.

Six in ten Americans, including Catholics, said they support a requirement by the Obama administration that health plans supply free contraceptives as a preventive benefit for women, according to the latest tracking poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

Women were divided, with 85 percent of Democrats and 67 percent of Independents supporting the requirement but only 42 percent of Republicans. Women across the political spectrum typically are closer together when it comes to supporting contraception rights.

"This is a time where the party attitudes about the role of government seemed to be a greater factor than necessarily being a woman," said Mollyann Brodie, the foundation's director of public opinion and survey research.
C4FiAHj.png
So the PEOPLE can over-ride the Liberty of others? REALLY? In what fucking Universe? As to your "SOURCE"? Please? And it is NO justification to run roughshod over others. You may STFU any time.:eusa_hand:

Actually, the legal arguments made by Hobby Lobby and the other main Respondent, Conestoga, are pretty interesting.

The religious beliefs of the main shareholders are alleged to "pass through" to the corporation. This is a kind of "reverse" piercing of the corporate veil, according to an AMICUS CURIAE
BRIEF of a bunch of law professors siding with the Administration.

Normally, shareholders are insulated from liability for the actions of a corporation (other than the financial risk of their respective investments in shares of the company). SOMETIMES litigants seek to "pierce" the corporate veil to establish that a main shareholder is simply using the legal fiction of the corporation to hide from his or her own personal responsibility for corporate misconduct. "Piercing the corporate veil" is a tool in suing companies and getting to the folks behind it who are "really" responsible. It is not an easy thing to do, but it does happen.

The amicus brief says that the respondent companies are attempting to utilize a "reverse piercing of the veil" in order to claim some religious-based standing for the corporate entities.

Given what the Chief Justice did (contortionist pretzel logic) to uphold the absurd ObumblerCare law in the first place, I do not count on him to give much true legal consideration to the claims of Hobby Lobby now. Maybe that guy, Horner, is on to something (if he really did say what was attributed to him).

A legal look at Hobby Lobby’s ridiculous “freedom of religion” argument

religious beliefs are generally based on nothing but faith. This is what makes religious beliefs religious and not scientific or philosophical, the latter two appealing on a logical, if not an evidentiary basis.

A legal look at Hobby Lobby's ridiculous "freedom of religion" claim

Did you notice there were no citations nor anything to indicate that the blogger is more qualified than anyone else to give an opinion.

Paul Horner is FICTIONAL. This newspaper is BS. Paul Horner does everything in the National Report's articles LOL :

Paul Horner, who is a spokesman for Disney, spoke with CNN about Mrs. Obama’s role in the upcoming Star Wars movie -

See more at: Michelle Obama To Play Wife Of Lando Calrissian In Star Wars Episode 7 - National Report | National Report

Paul Horner, reporter for CNN asked the senator if simply denying the elderly the right to vote is more humane? -

See more at: Senator Feinstein Targets the NRA and Elderly - National Report | National Report

Though not everyone from Tennessee feels the same way as Haslam. 35-year-old Paul Horner, whose son Daniel is a 14-year-old homosexual, said he does not agree with the program. “I’m not one bit surprised by Haslam’s actions, not one bit.
- See more at: Gay-To-Straight Program To Be Included In All Tennessee School Curriculum Beginning May 1st | National Report
Gay-To-Straight Program To Be Included In All Tennessee School Curriculum Beginning May 1st | National Report

Dr. Paul Horner, Ph.D., of Boston, Massachusetts agreed to speak with the National Report. Horner cited intentional rupture of the sphincter is self-destructive behavior with serious medical consequences -
See more at: New Gay Disease 'GHS' Spreads... Public Cautioned to be Vigilant - National Report | National Report

A spokesperson for the group Paul Horner, 24, of Trenton said “This attack is outrageous. Our group supports spreading the word about the health benefits of eating vegan on college campuses in New Jersey.
- See more at: TERRORIST ATTACK: Trenton, N.J. - Vegan Celebration Turns Ugly - National Report | National Report

And so many more Paul Horner stories here:

Paul Horner Archives - National Report | National Report

Last edited:

Secret messge to IlarMeilyr...for his ears only...it is satire. There is no clerk.

Note the use of the term "alleged."

Another article refers to Horner as an intern. The jurists on the SCOTUS do have law clerks and interns. I just can't substantiate that Horner is one of them.

And National Report does seem like a version of The Onion.

:D

I wouldn't count on a vote against HL from Sotomayor either. That Catholic already gave a stay in the Utah same sex marriage case.

I am so proud of me. I QUALIFIED my prior responses with the timely use of the word "alleged."

It sounded fishy.

(But then again, I did have to do some research. :redface: )

It was fun. I found another loopy conspiracy thing to follow: somebody tell 9/11 Rimjob. He can then spend years telling us how Roberts has been blackmailed.

I hope this fuck that leaked this gets hanged. But then Justice Roberts is hanging himself and his reputation going against the Constitution and the will of the people IF he rules against Hobby Lobby. It's a terrible blow to the first Amendment. But I suppose the left is just OK with that, huh, GUANO?

Whoa...

Six in ten Americans, including Catholics, said they support a requirement by the Obama administration that health plans supply free contraceptives as a preventive benefit for women, according to the latest tracking poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation.

Women were divided, with 85 percent of Democrats and 67 percent of Independents supporting the requirement but only 42 percent of Republicans. Women across the political spectrum typically are closer together when it comes to supporting contraception rights.

"This is a time where the party attitudes about the role of government seemed to be a greater factor than necessarily being a woman," said Mollyann Brodie, the foundation's director of public opinion and survey research.
C4FiAHj.png
So the PEOPLE can over-ride the Liberty of others? REALLY? In what fucking Universe? As to your "SOURCE"? Please? And it is NO justification to run roughshod over others. You may STFU any time.:eusa_hand:

Look, sweetcheeks. You're the one who brought up it was "the will of the people". I merely corrected you.

And in your pitifully lame neg rep, you bemoan the Kaiser Foundation as a legit source? Really?

How about Pew?

Majority of U.S. Catholics? opinions run counter to church on contraception, homosexuality | Pew Research Center

CBS?

Poll: Most back mandating contraception coverage - CBS News

Catholics???

Majority of Catholics Support No-Cost Birth Control

Politifact? After reviewing eight different polls?

Rush Holt claims a clear majority of Americans support plan to provide free prescription contraceptive coverage | PolitiFact New Jersey

How about **shudder** FOX??????????????????????

Big birth control backing in Fox News poll - Strange Bedfellows ? Politics News

Roberts will not gut what he originally ruled was constitutional.in regards to the AHCA, the rightwing has tried to pull every stunt they could think of and have been foiled time and time again from the 43 failed votes to repeal AHCA to shutting down the government led by that kook Tedey Cruz, now to the latest stunt by the rightwing bible thumpers, this again will fail

"Who is to say a company could not come up with religious arguments against things like blood transfusions, heart transplants, etc. Outside of that, suggesting that companies themselves have religious beliefs is almost laughable"

Yes, very Laughable!!!

This is about freedom of Religion. A company or companies owned by individual families and our Constitutional right to life.
If a Company denied blood transfusion and heart transplants that goes against our Constitutional right to life.
Forcing family owned business to provide pills that kills the ability to the right to life is unconstitutional.
Individuals on the other hand have the right to buy them on their own or get them free from a planned parenthood or other ways that are not forced by the government through a law that violates their religious beliefs.
Our government was set up to uphold moral law, which is life, liberty and property. All three are being violated right now.
It wasn't set up to uphold moral law. That's a nice myth but it's untrue.

It is not a myth, it was written by our Founders. Read about what they said.

This is about freedom of Religion. A company or companies owned by individual families and our Constitutional right to life.
If a Company denied blood transfusion and heart transplants that goes against our Constitutional right to life.
Forcing family owned business to provide pills that kills the ability to the right to life is unconstitutional.
Individuals on the other hand have the right to buy them on their own or get them free from a planned parenthood or other ways that are not forced by the government through a law that violates their religious beliefs.
Our government was set up to uphold moral law, which is life, liberty and property. All three are being violated right now.

I did, that's why I know it isn't true.

I did, that's why I know it isn't true.

Yes they did.
Have you forgot the Declaration of Independence and what the limited powers are for our government ,written in out Constitution?
John Locke's law of natural rights to life, liberty and property was what inspired our Revolutionary War.
It is the very foundation of our Constitution.

Forum List

Back