Justice Roberts says what?

What will happen when the 2nd Impeachment Trial convenes?

• It will proceed as a democrat Kangaroo Court with Kamala presiding

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • It will be challenged for constitutionality and sent to the USSC for a decision

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Other?

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
You see what you want to see, Pogo/troll. I read the words from Trump, and not seeing what you and yours are seeing.
If he wanted a riot, he would have stated just that, he didn't. He was speaking how he felt about the election and the process.
That is not inciting a riot. And, what they've learned about the participants of the actual riot, tends to lean toward
the professional agitators like we've seen last summer with the mostly peaceful protests.

I find it odd how there have been all these hundreds, if not thousands of accusations here that he incited a riot, yet not so much as one single leftist hack can quote his words that actually did so. It's always "well, people say he did", or "Everybody knows he did" or some such.

I worry for our country when so many mindless partisans do not even ask one simple question -- "is this true". These true believers simply do not care. All they know is that all their little mates would kick them out of the club if they DID ask that question.

Mitch McConnell states that Trump is at fault for what happened that day and let me be clear if you believe Mitch McConnell is a leftist hack then you are nuts!

Fact is Trump didn’t do much before or during the assault on the Capitol and afterwards when he realized manyRepublicans were pissed he issued a statement, and even then his comments were wrong for the moment!!

Finally, those believing the Senate Trial is the Impeachment phase need to brush up on their U.S. Government courses and let be clear if the Senate does Convict this is no longer a leftist thing but a bipartisan thing where enough Senators from both sides said Trump was guilty!

Now with that written I will warn that if Trump is convicted it will be tossed by the USSC because is not a sitting President and he has left office...
Thank you for confirming that none of the leftist hacks here are capable of anything more than "but people say so".

Thank you for confirming that you are unable to understand the difference between the Impeachment in the House and the Senate Trial.

And

Thank you for showing the board how you believe the Democrats are the only ones wanting to punish Trump and those like you for your insurrection against the U.S. Government when it is clear many Republicans from McConnell to Cheney want some sort of punishment!

Isn’t it amazing anyone that does not drink Trump bath water must be a RINO or Leftist whore in the mind of someone like you when in fact Trump was best friends with Clinton and major donor for the Democrats for decades, so which one of us is the true leftist whore here and remember you are the one crying over Trump and not me!

Cheney is in the HOUSE! She doesn't get to decide. She already showed her ass and will probably suffer for it.
Cheney has opposition in Wyoming, they are not happy with her.

.....as USUAL, more time and American tax payer $$$$$$ WASTED on crap
.....the Capitol/etc NEEDS to be invaded and those jackasses hit with frying pans!!!!!!!!!!!!
......so much bullshit waste
......remember the MLB steroid hearings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

Like 11 Benghazi investigations to come up with.....ZIP?

MAGA

Zip? The Benghazi investigations came up with plenty. Obama and Hillary fucked that pooch in the caboose. They did not want to admit that Obama had not stopped terrorism during his reelection campaign.

As long as we are going off topic...You know what came up with ZIP? Mueller.
WTF is your point on the SECOND Impeachment clown show????????

I am glad that ewe like your God/King trying to overthrow our government!!!

MAGA

Govt is the lib god. Thats all they have.

tRump is yours!

MAGA

I supported him. I don't nor will I ever support Rs or Ds who have been destroying this country for decades.
Exactly. The oligarchs buy politicains, and then make $billions outsourcing jobs, and importing products that undercut US products. Trump upset the applecart with his "populist-America First" agenda.

The impeachment trial process is to remove a sitting president.
Trump is no longer a sitting president, he's a private citizen.
Yes, this really could end up in front of the Supreme Court.

Anyone wonder why they didn't impeach Nixon once he resigned????
You folks are pathetic.......

Pathetic is the look on Nancys goons faces walking the article of impeachment to the Senate, and being redirected to the Dead Letter Office.
Show me where in the Constitution does it give the Chief Justice a choice??

I'll wait

Show me where he is required to appear for the impeachment for a non president.

Rump was still in office on January 13 --- when he was impeached.

Impeachment is a FACT. It's done. What lies ahead is the TRIAL of that impeachment. The article is not going to change after January 13; it's writ in stone. THAT is what gets tried, not anything after then. In an impeachment trial you're trying what happened in the PAST. Andrew Johnson having replaced Stanton with Grant. Bill Clinton having gotten a hummer. Doornail Rump having shaked down Ukraine. All events completed in the PAST, not the PRESENT.

Impeachment is a FACT. It's done.

Yes, it is.

the discussion is about Roberts not attending the Senate trial, because Trump has already been removed by the voters.

The Chief Justice only sits on impeachments of SITTING presidents.

Uh HUH. If you could, y'know go ahead and show the class where the Constitution says that, that'd be great.

Of course, if the CJ doesn't do it, then the next Constitutional officer to do it would be either Kamala Harris or Patrick Leahy.

Whatever.... all this shit is what Rumpbots voted for. The chickens called, they said get the roost ready, they'll be here shortly.

Of course, if the CJ doesn't do it, then the next Constitutional officer to do it would be either Kamala Harris or Patrick Leahy.

according to who?

Why, your own OP link says that.

>> Historically, either the vice president or the longest-serving member of the Senate have taken up the mantle for lower-level impeachments, per Politico. That means Vice President-elect Kamala Harris or Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) could be the choice.<<​
.​
Leahy is the President Pro Tempore of the Senate, the next-highest rank after the VP. If both Roberts and Harris recuse themselves it would be he.
That's pretty good--per Politico. BS Link that does not address the topic at all. What impeachments did they cite? Linkie?
He speaks of protocol, of how impeachment below presidential level, have been run.

First, Justice Roberts would have to refuse and somehow prove that it is Constitutional for him to do that.... and he can't be the judge in his own case, so he would have to recuse himself, is my guess.... then maybe the SC Justices left could argue it...and determine if Roberts could weasel out of his duty by claiming it would not require him to reside over an ex president's impeachment....

Just way too long of a process, and would accomplish and do, exactly what Roberts did not want...make the supreme court appear political.

You see what you want to see, Pogo/troll. I read the words from Trump, and not seeing what you and yours are seeing.
If he wanted a riot, he would have stated just that, he didn't. He was speaking how he felt about the election and the process.
That is not inciting a riot. And, what they've learned about the participants of the actual riot, tends to lean toward
the professional agitators like we've seen last summer with the mostly peaceful protests.

I find it odd how there have been all these hundreds, if not thousands of accusations here that he incited a riot, yet not so much as one single leftist hack can quote his words that actually did so. It's always "well, people say he did", or "Everybody knows he did" or some such.

I worry for our country when so many mindless partisans do not even ask one simple question -- "is this true". These true believers simply do not care. All they know is that all their little mates would kick them out of the club if they DID ask that question.

Mitch McConnell states that Trump is at fault for what happened that day and let me be clear if you believe Mitch McConnell is a leftist hack then you are nuts!

Fact is Trump didn’t do much before or during the assault on the Capitol and afterwards when he realized manyRepublicans were pissed he issued a statement, and even then his comments were wrong for the moment!!

Finally, those believing the Senate Trial is the Impeachment phase need to brush up on their U.S. Government courses and let be clear if the Senate does Convict this is no longer a leftist thing but a bipartisan thing where enough Senators from both sides said Trump was guilty!

Now with that written I will warn that if Trump is convicted it will be tossed by the USSC because is not a sitting President and he has left office...
Thank you for confirming that none of the leftist hacks here are capable of anything more than "but people say so".

Thank you for confirming that you are unable to understand the difference between the Impeachment in the House and the Senate Trial.

And

Thank you for showing the board how you believe the Democrats are the only ones wanting to punish Trump and those like you for your insurrection against the U.S. Government when it is clear many Republicans from McConnell to Cheney want some sort of punishment!

Isn’t it amazing anyone that does not drink Trump bath water must be a RINO or Leftist whore in the mind of someone like you when in fact Trump was best friends with Clinton and major donor for the Democrats for decades, so which one of us is the true leftist whore here and remember you are the one crying over Trump and not me!

Cheney is in the HOUSE! She doesn't get to decide. She already showed her ass and will probably suffer for it.

Liz Cheney is the next rising star in the RP. She's the next Speaker of the House if she's still in that body the next time the RP takes a majority. Mark my words.

And NO, her taking a position on the side of the Constitution doesn't hurt that an iota.

Everybody has opposition, everywhere. And it's a full two years before that contest comes up. They have no shot.

And

Agreed. The only reason McConnell still has his job is because of her position, which may not last out the week. Then, McConnell may be just a plain old Senator again.

I like this precedent and Obama should be impeached in 2022 after the Pubs win back Congress.
When the Republican civil war is still in full swing? I doubt it. I predict primary challenges and the loser running as an independent, giving the Dems a chance at districts they haven't held in decades.

And

Yep. The typical emotional relationship between Cult Personality and his kneepadders.

Harris is the only one I know that has a patent for hers!

But what about Trumps erection?

1611424564196.png
Karen knows what to do with it...

1611424657513.png
So does Stormy....

Pathetic is the look on Nancys goons faces walking the article of impeachment to the Senate, and being redirected to the Dead Letter Office.

I'll wait

Impeachment is a FACT. It's done. What lies ahead is the TRIAL of that impeachment. The article is not going to change after January 13; it's writ in stone. THAT is what gets tried, not anything after then. In an impeachment trial you're trying what happened in the PAST. Andrew Johnson having replaced Stanton with Grant. Bill Clinton having gotten a hummer. Doornail Rump having shaked down Ukraine. All events completed in the PAST, not the PRESENT.

Yes, it is.

the discussion is about Roberts not attending the Senate trial, because Trump has already been removed by the voters.

Uh HUH. If you could, y'know go ahead and show the class where the Constitution says that, that'd be great.

Whatever.... all this shit is what Rumpbots voted for. The chickens called, they said get the roost ready, they'll be here shortly.
Oh yeah, put a Democrat as presiding judge. Good idea. How do you think that's gonna turn out?
Ask the Constitution.......it doesn't specify what party the presiding official has to belong to......you don't want the Chief Justice to do it, then the next in line is the VP

then the next in line is the VP

Says who?

I like this precedent and Obama should be impeached in 2022 after the Pubs win back Congress.
When the Republican civil war is still in full swing? I doubt it. I predict primary challenges and the loser running as an independent, giving the Dems a chance at districts they haven't held in decades.
Who is stupid enough to run as an indy?
Who is stupid enough to donate to an indy?

p.s. Sheldon Adelson is dead, so no big money donor for Trump

what makes it even funnier is -- Trumpers will also whine if Kamala Harris presided over the impeachment trial....

The constitution appointed the chief justice for the purpose of avoiding a conflict of interest......

But according the logic of you Trumpers -- if Trump is no longer president; there is no conflict of interest right?? It isn't like Kamala will be president if Trump is convicted or anything

What makes you think she can do that? You have still not explained yourself.

.....the Capitol/etc NEEDS to be invaded and those jackasses hit with frying pans!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAGA

Zip? The Benghazi investigations came up with plenty. Obama and Hillary fucked that pooch in the caboose. They did not want to admit that Obama had not stopped terrorism during his reelection campaign.

MAGA

tRump is yours!

MAGA

I supported him. I don't nor will I ever support Rs or Ds who have been destroying this country for decades.
Exactly. The oligarchs buy politicains, and then make $billions outsourcing jobs, and importing products that undercut US products. Trump upset the applecart with his "populist-America First" agenda.
That was all window dressing. Trump was in on the importing or at least the branding of imported products, as much as anyone. Look behind the curtain; he's been laughing at you. :abgg2q.jpg:

Who is stupid enough to run as an indy?
Who is stupid enough to donate to an indy?

p.s. Sheldon Adelson is dead, so no big money donor for Trump
Who's stupid enough to believe Q? Answer that and you've answered your questions.

MAGA

MAGA

tRump is yours!

MAGA

That was all window dressing. Trump was in on the importing or at least the branding of imported products, as much as anyone. Look behind the curtain; he's been laughing at you. :abgg2q.jpg:
Either show me a few links to backup your bullshit or I'm laughing at you.

Please remember that the FBI is investigating the Biden's money-laundering scams.
The Bidens got $millions from Burisma in Ukraine
The Bidens got a cool $1,500,000,000 from China to "invest"
You can google any of these and get tons of links

p.s. don't forget Hunter's laptop, the emails, and the 1st hand whistleblower

p.s. I don't know Q? That must be for goobers only.

MAGA

MAGA

tRump is yours!

MAGA

Either show me a few links to backup your bullshit or I'm laughing at you.

Please remember that the FBI is investigating the Biden's money-laundering scams.
The Bidens got $millions from Burisma in Ukraine
The Bidens got a cool $1,500,000,000 from China to "invest"
You can google any of these and get tons of links

p.s. don't forget Hunter's laptop, the emails, and the 1st hand whistleblower

p.s. I don't know Q? That must be for goobers only.
You don't know Q? You must be a RINO.

I'll wait

Yes, it is.

Oh yeah, put a Democrat as presiding judge. Good idea. How do you think that's gonna turn out?
Ask the Constitution.......it doesn't specify what party the presiding official has to belong to......you don't want the Chief Justice to do it, then the next in line is the VP

then the next in line is the VP

Says who?

Are you just gonna Peewee Herman this question and punt every time? This was already asked and answered, from your own OP link.

And

Agreed. The only reason McConnell still has his job is because of her position, which may not last out the week. Then, McConnell may be just a plain old Senator again.

He's the Minority Leader now. Traded positions with Schumer.

Forum List

Back