Justice Clinton?

red states rule

May 30, 2006
I was not sure if this thread should have been put in the humor section. The thought of Bill of the SC is a sad and sick joke

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/...jrss=frontpage

Justice Clinton?
President Taft went on to the Supreme Court. Maybe Mrs. Clinton will park her husband there.

BY DOUGLAS W. KMIEC
Sunday, December 16, 2007 12:01 a.m. EST

Hillary Clinton's commanding lead in the polls has diminished, and with Oprah Winfrey stumping for Barack Obama, she's called increasingly on the "star power" of husband Bill. But the ubiquitous presence of the former president on the campaign prompts a question: What will Hillary do with Bill if she is elected?

Of course, one might say Hillary has been wondering what to do with Bill for quite some time. But Mr. Clinton's prominent role in his wife's campaign--whether going head to head with Oprah for airtime or defending Hillary from "swift-boat-like attacks" from rival Democrats--has renewed the question: What exactly will he be doing on Jan. 21, 2009?

Several job ideas have already been floated. He might be appointed by Gov. Eliot Spitzer of New York to serve the remainder of Mrs. Clinton's U.S. Senate term. While there is precedent for former presidents--even a former impeached president (Andrew Johnson) returning to the national legislative body--few close to former President Clinton think being one of 100 would satisfy his boundless persona.

In any event, Gov. Spitzer is already under some considerable pressure to appoint a minority to Sen. Clinton's seat, and even though Mr. Clinton was described by writer Toni Morrison as "the first black president," that won't cut it with the practitioners of identity politics.

Mr. Clinton has also been contemplated for something dubbed "ambassador to the world." But the federal government's anti-nepotism law would likely preclude her naming Bill to her cabinet.

I was not sure if this thread should have been put in the humor section. The thought of Bill of the SC is a sad and sick joke

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/...jrss=frontpage

Justice Clinton?
President Taft went on to the Supreme Court. Maybe Mrs. Clinton will park her husband there.

BY DOUGLAS W. KMIEC
Sunday, December 16, 2007 12:01 a.m. EST

Hillary Clinton's commanding lead in the polls has diminished, and with Oprah Winfrey stumping for Barack Obama, she's called increasingly on the "star power" of husband Bill. But the ubiquitous presence of the former president on the campaign prompts a question: What will Hillary do with Bill if she is elected?

Of course, one might say Hillary has been wondering what to do with Bill for quite some time. But Mr. Clinton's prominent role in his wife's campaign--whether going head to head with Oprah for airtime or defending Hillary from "swift-boat-like attacks" from rival Democrats--has renewed the question: What exactly will he be doing on Jan. 21, 2009?

Several job ideas have already been floated. He might be appointed by Gov. Eliot Spitzer of New York to serve the remainder of Mrs. Clinton's U.S. Senate term. While there is precedent for former presidents--even a former impeached president (Andrew Johnson) returning to the national legislative body--few close to former President Clinton think being one of 100 would satisfy his boundless persona.

In any event, Gov. Spitzer is already under some considerable pressure to appoint a minority to Sen. Clinton's seat, and even though Mr. Clinton was described by writer Toni Morrison as "the first black president," that won't cut it with the practitioners of identity politics.

Mr. Clinton has also been contemplated for something dubbed "ambassador to the world." But the federal government's anti-nepotism law would likely preclude her naming Bill to her cabinet.

I see the "Ambassador to the World" title more likely than him getting past Congress and onto the Supreme Court, IF someone else retires. She can just appoint him "whatever," as he did her, and he can run amock.

Great, the return of the serial spammer. Jim kick your arse off the DP board? Bout time! Doesn't give you the right to spam this board slick!

Oh I am doing very well on the other board

Pissing off libs over there as well

If all the libs left tomorrow, the US would resemble German circa 1933-1945. It's the libs that are stopping that from taking place now...:shock:

Playing the Nazi card early in the debate - you are desperate

Are you going to comment on the thread or just trying to derail it?

Playing the Nazi card early in the debate - you are desperate

Are you going to comment on the thread or just trying to derail it?

You accusing me of derailing a thread is like John Wayne Gacy accusing Sean Penn of having an anger problem.

Not really re the Nazi card. How I truly feel. See Republican-led congress Patriot Acts I and II for clarification..

You accusing me of derailing a thread is like John Wayne Gacy accusing Sean Penn of having an anger problem.

Not really re the Nazi card. How I truly feel. See Republican-led congress Patriot Acts I and II for clarification..

What does Justice Clinton have to with playing the Nazi card?

Oh yes, libs are still trying to undermine the war and surrender to the terrorists

I have a thread on libs trying to protect terrorists - comment there

http://www.usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=51676

The return of 'all I can do is blame the Clinton's,' how boring, get a thought. Imagine for a minute if conservatives of the likes of RSR had an original thought, nah, I guess that is sort of unimaginable.

ahhhhhhh... I get it. You troll and think people should take your threads seriously.. RAFLMAO! :lol: :lol: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

Is that the best you have Jilly?

Well when libs can't debate - they do insult

Nothing much has changed in the last few months

The return of 'all I can do is blame the Clinton's,' how boring, get a thought. Imagine for a minute if conservatives of the likes of RSR had an original thought, nah, I guess that is sort of unimaginable.

Several libs have posted on the thread - but their posts have nothing to do with the topic

I know sweet fuck all about your justice system, but I'll say this: What are the chances of a lawyer struck off being confirmed by the Senate and/or Congress (or however the hell it works) getting a job on the SC? There's probably some law somewhere stating a lawyer struck off during their career is probably ineligible. That aside, somebody has to die first.
Also, I think Bill would make a great jurist. Think what you like about his overactive libido and wandering ways, the guys as sharp as a tack. Slick as pool of grease too, but hey, nobody's perfect...not even you..;)

I know sweet fuck all about your justice system, but I'll say this: What are the chances of a lawyer struck off being confirmed by the Senate and/or Congress (or however the hell it works) getting a job on the SC? There's probably some law somewhere stating a lawyer struck off during their career is probably ineligible. That aside, somebody has to die first.
Also, I think Bill would make a great jurist. Think what you like about his overactive libido and wandering ways, the guys as sharp as a tack. Slick as pool of grease too, but hey, nobody's perfect...not even you..;)

Yes, Bill had many accomplishments as President

The only president ever impeached on grounds of personal malfeasance
- Most number of convictions and guilty pleas by friends and associates*
- Most number of cabinet officials to come under criminal investigation
- Most number of witnesses to flee country or refuse to testify
- Most number of witnesses to die suddenly
- First president sued for sexual harassment.
- First president accused of rape.
- First first lady to come under criminal investigation
- Largest criminal plea agreement in an illegal campaign contribution case
- First president to establish a legal defense fund.
- First president to be held in contempt of court
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad
- First president disbarred from the US Supreme Court and a state court
http://prorev.com/legacy.htm

and this guy would be a great jurist?

Yes, Bill had many accomplishments as President

The only president ever impeached on grounds of personal malfeasance
- Most number of convictions and guilty pleas by friends and associates*
- Most number of cabinet officials to come under criminal investigation
- Most number of witnesses to flee country or refuse to testify
- Most number of witnesses to die suddenly
- First president sued for sexual harassment.
- First president accused of rape.
- First first lady to come under criminal investigation
- Largest criminal plea agreement in an illegal campaign contribution case
- First president to establish a legal defense fund.
- First president to be held in contempt of court
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad
- First president disbarred from the US Supreme Court and a state court
http://prorev.com/legacy.htm

and this guy would be a great jurist?

Half of it is unproven waffle (point two being one)..and you know you are grasping at straws when you mention most number of witnesses to die.

I'd ask you this: If every president were put under the same scrutiny as he was by Ken Starr, what do you reckon their lists would read like?
Also, the only president to resign in office due to wrong doing was a Repub.
Also, he appointed the special prosecutor. If only Bush were as brave..
Finally, yes, he would be a great jurist.

Half of it is unproven waffle (point two being one)..and you know you are grasping at straws when you mention most number of witnesses to die.

I'd ask you this: If every president were put under the same scrutiny as he was by Ken Starr, what do you reckon their lists would read like?
Also, the only president to resign in office due to wrong doing was a Repub.
Finally, yes, he would be a great jurist.

They are all facts - not part of Hillary's vast right wing conspiracy. Bill brought the scrutiny on himself by lying under oath and obstructing justice

Why do you think we had campaign finance reform - Bill's Chi Com money and selling the WH bedrooms to the highest bidder

Clinton sure ain't a saint but I think his accomplishments far exceed anything I have seen from a republican, both during his presidency and after.

He would make a great jurist as the Dr notes, but let's hope his skills are turned to helping and not judging. Plus there are lots of good liberal judges to pick from.

Clinton sure ain't a saint but I think his accomplishments far exceed anything I have seen from a republican, both during his presidency and after.

He would make a great jurist as the Dr notes, but let's hope his skills are turned to helping and not judging. Plus there are lots of good liberal judges to pick from.

Well, I am a fair guy, We should have the Bill Clinton Memorial in DC

Something that captures the real legacy of Bill - and what he will be most remembered for 50 years from now

Attachments

• $Winter.jpg
    $Winter.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 71

Forum List

Back