Just When You Thought Schools Couldn't Get Worse....

It is strange to be told that I am blind to reality when I am the one living in said reality every single day and not just looking for stories on the Internet. Not sure how that one works. It is very strange to be told what happens in schools by people who are not in schools to people who are in schools every single day. How does that work? It is extremely odd to be told that schools indoctrinate when I am in schools all the time for over a quarter of a century and most assuredly have not indoctrinated or brainwashed anyone. I have not seen any of the Mani Mani hundreds and hundreds of teachers that work with indoctrinate or brainwash anyone. I have never seen any of the pins in tens of thousands of students have worked with subject to indoctrination or walking around in some zombie like state of brainwashing. Not sure how any of that is supposed to work. But everyone who is actually a teacher and shares first-hand information about what happens in schools and classrooms apparently don’t know nearly as much as people Who search for stories on the Internet. It’s all quite unusual.d

"It is strange to be told that I am blind to reality when I am the one living in said reality every single day..."

That's nothing more than self-serving nonsense.

Or.....if you persist.....let's see you refute any of the dozen and a half fully documented examples I provided.

How is simply telling the truth “self-serving nonsense “? And why would I try to refute articles that you found somewhere? I don’t doubt that you found them or that they are likely true. What I am telling you is that the sweeping generalizations and somewhat cookie conspiracy theories you conclude from them are in accurate based upon a very very long period of experience expertise and knowledge about the actual subject. I don’t see what there is to bicker over so much. There are four or five actual teachers will post here with some regularity. Find one of them who disputes in large part what I’m telling you. Why wouldn’t you believe people who work in the field? Would you tell doctors that they don’t know what is going on in hospitals? Would you tell police officers they have no idea what happens in police station? Seems like a lot of angst and little purpose.

I can see it is impossible for you to give up the views you had as a child.

Facts bounce off your 'beliefs' like water off a duck.

OK.

What "views had as a child"? I can assure you that I never gave a thought to the teaching profession or the undermining of society by creeping (and now galloping) liberalism when I was a child. Frankly, I don't see why you are so eager to disagree with me. I am merely telling you the truth. I agree with your underlying premise that liberalism is a corrosive factor in our society. In fact, I see the problem on a larger scale than you seem to recognize.

It must be really important to you to defend the indefensible: ...

What do you think I'm defending?

A time that has long past. A memory. A wish-fulfillment.

It is strange to be told that I am blind to reality when I am the one living in said reality every single day and not just looking for stories on the Internet. Not sure how that one works. It is very strange to be told what happens in schools by people who are not in schools to people who are in schools every single day. How does that work? It is extremely odd to be told that schools indoctrinate when I am in schools all the time for over a quarter of a century and most assuredly have not indoctrinated or brainwashed anyone. I have not seen any of the Mani Mani hundreds and hundreds of teachers that work with indoctrinate or brainwash anyone. I have never seen any of the pins in tens of thousands of students have worked with subject to indoctrination or walking around in some zombie like state of brainwashing. Not sure how any of that is supposed to work. But everyone who is actually a teacher and shares first-hand information about what happens in schools and classrooms apparently don’t know nearly as much as people Who search for stories on the Internet. It’s all quite unusual.d

"It is strange to be told that I am blind to reality when I am the one living in said reality every single day..."

Or.....if you persist.....let's see you refute any of the dozen and a half fully documented examples I provided.

How is simply telling the truth “self-serving nonsense “? And why would I try to refute articles that you found somewhere? I don’t doubt that you found them or that they are likely true. What I am telling you is that the sweeping generalizations and somewhat cookie conspiracy theories you conclude from them are in accurate based upon a very very long period of experience expertise and knowledge about the actual subject. I don’t see what there is to bicker over so much. There are four or five actual teachers will post here with some regularity. Find one of them who disputes in large part what I’m telling you. Why wouldn’t you believe people who work in the field? Would you tell doctors that they don’t know what is going on in hospitals? Would you tell police officers they have no idea what happens in police station? Seems like a lot of angst and little purpose.

OK.

What "views had as a child"? I can assure you that I never gave a thought to the teaching profession or the undermining of society by creeping (and now galloping) liberalism when I was a child. Frankly, I don't see why you are so eager to disagree with me. I am merely telling you the truth. I agree with your underlying premise that liberalism is a corrosive factor in our society. In fact, I see the problem on a larger scale than you seem to recognize.

You’re mistaken.

OK.

You’re mistaken.

That has never happened.

OK.

You’re mistaken.

That has never happened.

Mark the date, because it has.

OK.

You’re mistaken.

That has never happened.

Let's leave that up to readers of our individual posts.

OK.

You’re mistaken.

That has never happened.

Let's leave that up to readers of our individual posts.

Whatever they think, you are mistaken.

What time has passed? I'm 88 and things in this nation are currently very good. Despite america's total failure being ready for a virus, the current workforce is the greatest we've ever seen. We are united except for the kooks on the extreme left and far right. Most normal folk are slightly right of center. I hear some say bring back the 1950s. I lived through them. They were no better. This nation is on the rise it matters not who wins this election. It's the american workforce...the hardest working, least complaining, most motivated in the world that will continue to keep us strong. It isn't a politician that's going to do it.

OK.

I'm talking about education now, today, at this very moment as a matter of fact.

There's alot of highly educated young workers ready to improve america. They are neither indoctrinated nor full of this so called hatred. america has never seen a better crop of workers than this.

I have two sons. One graduated high school in 2000. The other graduated in 2018.

At my oldest son's graduation, several students were singled out for outstanding academic achievement. At my younger son's graduation, they made an enormous deal out of their "social justice award", while completely ignoring one kid who got a full ride scholarship to Princeton. I asked my son about this, and he told me that the girl who got this social justice award was just this obnoxious little female bully who was always in everybody's face about just about everything they said. What a sad commentary on the values of these so-called teachers.

All of this remote learning stuff has revealed depths of inequality among some students, but it has also revealed just how adaptable and resourceful many such students are. It is very interesting to see this period of history in education playing out.

Agree Uno. Here we had to shut down as we have 7 teachers who tested positive and at least as of now 25 plus students are positive and there are no substitutes willing to come in. There are also 8 other teachers waiting for results. The bus drivers are also refusing to drive now. Kids are at home and those teachers not ill are teaching from school remotely. It is what it is. We are a very small rural school and there was nothing else to be done. Kids are fairing well with remote so far.

So the question for this thread is, is one Educator's extensive experience in one district - assuming that is the case - sufficiently comprehensive to make blanket statements about the state of Education in the United States?

What does he know about other districts, in different locales, with different demographics, with a different teacher ethos? Inner city districts in large Eastern cities. Suburban school districts with two-plus college degrees per household, and so on?

The aforesaid Educator implies that stories adduced by the OP are garbage, untrue, or fabricated, and certainly not representative of any current reality.

One can only go to one's own circle to assess the situation. My daughter-in-law is a middle school teacher, and in her house (three kids) the children are subject to Mommy going ballistic if they say anything positive about the Orange Man, or don't seem fully supportive of Sleepy Joe and Kammy. And these are grade school kids. If one were to tell me that that attitude doesn't prevail in her classroom I would call BULLSHIT.

But I don't presume to have any insights about the whole school district, which is huge.

1603022957476.png

"New Jersey high schooler says teacher ordered him to take down Trump banner at home before virtual class

...a teacher ordered him to take down a Donald Trump banner hanging behind him in his home during a virtual class last week, according to local reports.

“He said, 'Anthony take the sign down right now' and I looked up, seeing class hasn't started yet,” the teen told NBC New York. “I was on my phone. I looked up at him and kind of just looked back down like I didn't hear him.”

But the teacher repeated the request and said Ribeiro would have to leave if he refused."

PC, that never happened. Unk says so.

Did he mention that he was a teacher in that very school district?

PC, that never happened. Unk says so.

Did he mention that he was a teacher in that very school district?

I must say, in reference to Unk, I have several friends who are NYC school teachers, and none of them are other than conservative.

It is the system that is corrupt, rather than all teachers......but most toe the Liberal line.

Forum List

Back