Just Went Shoppin'...

Adorama's price, for what I bought, was exactly the same as B&H. Then again, you're a fucking retard, so you wouldn't understand that...

Well Canon Shafter, no one cares who you buy from or what you buy, even if it was only an updated body of a camera you already had. I suppose less for you to learn. B&H are the typical New Yorkers, rude and curt to deal with, they are the big guy, if you consistently checked around for prices you'd find better ones than B&H on some occasions, but the fact that you look at one item one time and draw conclusions then call others fucking retards is about in line with all the other asinine, knuckleheaded unsupportable ridiculous comments you've made.

Me, I support the little guy who NEEDS the business.

I DARE you to copy and paste anywhere I ever claimed to be "the best" at anything.
Well, shit, at least then you'd be telling the truth...
And the fact that you still DON'T produce any such comment yet again shows you've never once backed up a single word you say. You just keep trying to divert from and hope to change the subject, just as you never answered what I wanted to be. What do I want to be Shitter, a hayseed unshaven bar bouncer who needs to fly 6,000 miles to find someone who will edit your unmade video for you for free? I can do it for you right here with iMovie in my Mac Pro computer.

I ran from nothing, you dickless little fuck...
You run from everything, cupcake. All talk, no action.

~ ~ tl;dr ~ ~ the rest of whatever your vitriolic hayseed adolescent drivel was. *YAWN*
r681890_5048629.jpg

Let's see some of your work.
Right back where we started a year ago when you ducked out and ran from my challenge to compare some work then! Oh, yeah! That's it! I've spent up to $12K on a single lens because I don't shoot anything good with them! I just posted some of my work a few posts up, Nitwit! And as usual, it's like in one ear and out the other, no questions, nothing to say, because it's WAY out of your league. And a year ago, I posted a bunch of photos of some of my Canon film gear and gear related to or used with Canon as Canon WAS the topic, I won't buy their EF stuff, on top of a couple of extreme lenses I own, plus several threads in the photo section showing a little of my work that I've posted you never bothered to look at. So far from you, the great pro, they guy who shoots 10,000 pictures at a time, all you've ever shown was a crooked bar glass, a has-been scratching his ass on stage, and an out of focus shot of the Moon.

I can post a representative photo of some of my work in every area I generally shoot in which tends toward the technical, which of course you won't understand because you've never done anything like it, all your work is pedestrian, but you'd just belittle it with your typical puerile jealous comments then not post anything of your own anyway, you just play games, so I'll wait for you to go first. Let er rip, son.

Well Canon Shafter, no one cares who you buy from or what you buy, even if it was only an updated body of a camera you already had. I suppose less for you to learn.

There are significant upgrades.

Then again, someone whose main rig is a Canon A-1 wouldn't know that...

B&H are the typical New Yorkers, rude and curt to deal with, they are the big guy,

Yeah, they are, and they got that way for a reason: They're the best around.

I've never once had a negative experience with them. When I visit their store in New York, I know if I have questions or concerns about anything that the people there will have the answers I need. I'm always treated with respect, and I give that in return.

However, given your prevailing demeanor, it would come as no surprise to me if you weren't the recipient of any level of respect...

if you consistently checked around for prices you'd find better ones than B&H on some occasions, but the fact that you look at one item one time and draw conclusions then call others fucking retards is about in line with all the other asinine, knuckleheaded unsupportable ridiculous comments you've made.

One item one time?

I've been a B&H customer for over 40 years, you retarded little simp.

I'm not all too concerned about saving what amounts to a relatively small amount when I shop (profit margins on camera equipment are pretty slim as it is). I've been shopping with B&H since they were down on West 17th Street. They've earned my business. I have a great relationship with many of the folks who work there, and I see no reason to dismiss that just to save a couple of bucks.

Of course, I understand why you would have to do that...

Me, I support the little guy who NEEDS the business.

And for the level of photographer you are, you can do that. The "little guy" is usually replete with used film gear like you use. But I need to know that when I need a piece of equipment that I can have it in my hands inside of 48 hours. The "little guy" can't afford to stock the range of equipment I need/want. With B&H, I can have this lens in my hands by the weekend:

1536122114_1433721.jpg

But at $12K, your "little guy" isn't gonna' have that in stock, and that's why he's the "little guy"...

And the fact that you still DON'T produce any such comment yet again shows you've never once backed up a single word you say.

And you've never produced a single image you've taken to back up your retarded claims of photographic superiority...

You just keep trying to divert from and hope to change the subject, just as you never answered what I wanted to be.

I'm gonna' guess that you wanted to be a retarded dipshit. Well, congratulations, Zippy. Mission accomplished...

What do I want to be Shitter, a hayseed unshaven bar bouncer who needs to fly 6,000 miles to find someone who will edit your unmade video for you for free?

Need to? No, I don't need to. I can upload the video and she can download it to work on it. But, it's my daughter, and we enjoy spending time together. I can only imagine that your parents, or kids, don't enjoy your company, so the thought of going to such lengths to see your loved ones is foreign to you...

I can do it for you right here with iMovie in my Mac Pro computer.

Yeah, so can my daughter.

And she's not an asshole like you...

You run from everything, cupcake. All talk, no action.

Says the imbecile who's never posted a single image of his work.

Not.

One.

Right back where we started a year ago when you ducked out and ran from my challenge to compare some work then!

The fuck I did.

I posted plenty of examples of my work.

You posted a photo of a Canon A-1.

Oh, yeah! That's it! I've spent up to $12K on a single lens because I don't shoot anything good with them!

Well, let's see some examples...

I just posted some of my work a few posts up, Nitwit! And as usual, it's like in one ear and out the other, no questions, nothing to say, because it's WAY out of your league.

LOLOL!!! You're such a retarded little buffoon.

I've had you on "IGNORE" (which is what I normally do to habitual liars and dipshits), and I looko at your posts selectively. I don't believe you posted anything...

And a year ago, I posted a bunch of photos of some of my Canon film gear and gear related to or used with Canon as Canon WAS the topic,

Yeah, the only reason it was "the topic" is because you shit your diaper at a tongue-in-cheek comment someone made and flew off the handle...

I won't buy their EF stuff, on top of a couple of extreme lenses I own, plus several threads in the photo section showing a little of my work that I've posted you never bothered to look at.

Post a link to those...

So far from you, the great pro, they guy who shoots 10,000 pictures at a time, all you've ever shown was a crooked bar glass, a has-been scratching his ass on stage, and an out of focus shot of the Moon.

And I get paid a lot of money for what I do, so your uneducated opinion really means nothing to me...

I can post a representative photo of some of my work in every area I generally shoot in which tends toward the technical, which of course you won't understand because you've never done anything like it, all your work is pedestrian

No, you can't...

but you'd just belittle it with your typical puerile jealous comments then not post anything of your own anyway, you just play games, so I'll wait for you to go first. Let er rip, son.

As you've been doing by callinig my work "pedestrian"?

You're nothing but a wannabe. I get it. I know a lot of people who wish they could do what I do; you're just another one of them. The difference between you and them, though, is that they'll actually go out and work had to improve and, when they do, they can be proud of their achievement, while all you do is sit around and tell people how great you are.

So, yeah, fuck off...

Then again, someone whose main rig is a Canon A-1 wouldn't know that...
When you consistently lie like that, no one takes you seriously anymore. I know even YOU know that is just one more bald faced lie, so I won't dignify it farther.

Yeah, they are, and they got that way for a reason: They're the best around.
I just need to hear three words: It's in stock. That and a good price. There's nothing else I need them for.

I've never once had a negative experience
And for the level of photographer you are
Shithead, you have NO IDEA what level of photographer I am. You are a perennial liar and delusional idiot.

The "little guy" is usually replete with used film gear like you use.
HEY FUCKHEAD, You are the jackhole who claimed you had a room sized STORAGE BIN FILLED WITH OLD FILM GEAR. One more time fucker, I showed you a little of my old Canon gear because we were TALKING of and comparing Canon gear, and I would never buy their new EF stuff after they screwed all their old customers like me. I've bought off their competitors and never looked back for my digital needs, but still love my old film gear (in four formats) and will still use some of the Canon gear when I want to avail myself of one of my many extreme Canon lenses from 7.5mm to 400.

But at $12K, your "little guy" isn't gonna' have that in stock, and that's why he's the "little guy"...
No, he won't have it in stock because that stuff IS MADE PER ORDER. The one manufacturer must be ordered out of Europe and shipped, or comes with the next batch; the other company is a USA company which has to order the optics from Cumberland, who also makes optics for JPL.

You are like a little dog who thinks you're some King Shit only because you sit in a bubble word of pedestrian work. I'm still waiting for you to put up a few examples of the work you do that COULD NOT HAVE BEEN DONE by a "little guy" like me or others here on this board. Then explain to us what the special and unique skill and talent was which made it possible for a "pro" like you. I can't wait for a "little guy" like me with upwards of about $80,000 invested in various camera gear, lenses and related stuff to see what you can teach me.

And you've never produced a single image you've taken to back up your retarded claims of photographic superiority...

Asshole, there's a picture of my work just a few posts above! Damn you are a lying MFing shithead bullshitter. Nor have I ever claimed photographic superiority. YOU are the one who has done that for the past year. Right here in this thread, you again called me a "Wanna be." So SHOW US this great work of yours that I could not do, or do you never put up to prove a thing you say?

I'm not even reading most of your posts because I've obviously cornered a FUCKING LIAR in a corner:
  1. You've RAN from showing you have more Canon gear than me (your claim).
  2. You've RUN from debating advanced techniques like post processing.
  3. You've RUN from showing us ONE EXAMPLE of anything your've ever done that is above the level of work me or any other fair hobbyist could do!
  4. You've admitted you haven't even worked in photography the past year working as a BOUNCER and have never taken more than a SNAPSHOT.
LET'S START WITH YOUR WORK: Post a few pictures, one for every category you've claimed (sports, music, product photography, scenic, etc), so we can see all the great work you can do!

What a fabulouos emotional outburst. Are you on your period? Heavy flow day??

You are the jackhole who claimed you had a room sized STORAGE BIN FILLED WITH OLD FILM GEAR. One more time fucker, I showed you a little of my old Canon gear because we were TALKING of and comparing Canon gear,

I wasn't comparing anything. I mentioned that I have a lot of it, and I do. You went of the rails because you didn't like my tongue-in-cheek comment. Well, hey, fuck you. I guess you're just gonna' have to work through that. Maybe your therapist can help...

and I would never buy their new EF stuff after they screwed all their old customers like me. I've bought off their competitors and never looked back for my digital needs, but still love my old film gear (in four formats) and will still use some of the Canon gear when I want to avail myself of one of my many extreme Canon lenses from 7.5mm to 400.

I've got the 600mm f/4L IS and the 400mm f/2.8 L IS II.

Impressed? Yeah, I wasn't when you mentioned yours, either.

No, he won't have it in stock because that stuff IS MADE PER ORDER. The one manufacturer must be ordered out of Europe and shipped, or comes with the next batch; the other company is a USA company which has to order the optics from Cumberland, who also makes optics for JPL.

:laughing0301:

You need to take your act on the road...

You are like a little dog who thinks you're some King Shit only because you sit in a bubble word of pedestrian work. I'm still waiting for you to put up a few examples of the work you do that COULD NOT HAVE BEEN DONE by a "little guy" like me or others here on this board.

And herein lies why you're stupid.

I never claimed to produce images that a "little guy" like you couldn't make.

Ever.

You seem to think that's some sort of big deal. I don't. Actually, it's kind of stupid...

Then explain to us what the special and unique skill and talent was which made it possible for a "pro" like you. I can't wait for a "little guy" like me with upwards of about $80,000 invested in various camera gear, lenses and related stuff to see what you can teach me.

Again, Nutmunch, I've never made any such claim. You seem to have convinced yourself that I have, though...

Right here in this thread, you again called me a "Wanna be." So SHOW US this great work of yours that I could not do, or do you never put up to prove a thing you say?

I routinely post images I've taken here. You, on the other hand, have proven to be an absolute abject failure at doing the same.

I've asked you countless times to post some of your work, and you've not done so. So, you must be a special kind of retard if you think I'm now going to capitulate and post more at your behest. Fuck you.

Yeah, you're a fuckin' wannabe, just like every other photographer who claims he works with amazing equipment but yet, somehow, is unable to prove that...

You've RAN from showing you have more Canon gear than me (your claim).

My comment was tongue-in cheek. You deciding that I was serious in no way compels me to show you anything...

You've RUN from debating advanced techniques like post processing.

Um, we've never actually discussed that. You were too busy filling your diaper over my tongue-in-cheek comment...

You've RUN from showing us ONE EXAMPLE of anything you've ever done that is above the level of work me or any other fair hobbyist could do!

Liar.

I post plenty of stuff on this forum. And you know what? People have told me they like it. That's good enough for me. I don't have to get into some pissing match with some wannabe retard about who's "better". You seem to have some sick need to make sure you let everyone know how they fall short of your work, despite the fact that you've never posted your work.

Wannabe...

You've admitted you haven't even worked in photography the past year working as a BOUNCER and have never taken more than a SNAPSHOT.

Are you truly that fucking stupid?

I was able to do photography through the pandemic. I got paid, and paid rather well, for my work, and by people whose opinions actually matter to me. See, the only opinion that matters to me is that of the person signing the check. Your opinion, on the other hand, is worthless.

I bounce three nights a week, and I never claimed to have not worked in photography for a year.

More lies from the little bitch wannabe...

]quote]LET'S START WITH YOUR WORK: Post a few pictures, one for every category you've claimed (sports, music, product photography, scenic, etc), so we can see all the great work you can do![/QUOTE]

Fuck you, wannabe. My work is on this forum. Yours is not. Mine is here because I'm not a wannabe. Yours isn't here because you are a wannabe...

I just need to hear three words: It's in stock. That and a good price. There's nothing else I need them for.

Wow, that's a pretty shitty attitude coming from someone who claims to support "the little guy".

When I lived in San Diego, we had two really good stores, George's Camera and Nelson Photo. I usually always opted for George's. It was closer to my house than Nelson and the manager was a good friend of mine. That said, Nelson Photo was great, too, with a wide selection of equipment and a very knowledgeable staff.

I never went to George's looking for deep discounts, simply because I'm smart enough to know that the store needs to realize a profit on what they sell if they're going to stay in business. I enjoyed an excellent relationship with the entire staff because I actually supported them.

You just make (false) claims of doing that for "the little guy"...

I know you'll make up some reason why this is "pedestrian", but here's a photo I took at CPAC in February. I was one of only five photographers hired to shoot the event for the American Conservative Union.

Your wannabe ass wouldn't have even gotten through the door...

pres15.jpg

I approached you interested in sharing the hobby of Canon gear and you ran from discussing it.

The fuck you did.

And here's the crux of the matter, douchebag: You didn't want to discuss anything, and you sure as fuck didn't "approach" me because we both have Canon gear.

From your very first response to me all you've done is attempt to demean and belittle. You post a photo of the moon, talk about some fancy astrophotography gear, and act as though it means something. It doesn't.

You lie and obfuscate. That's all you have. While you wish it was different, it's obvious that others here see you as an insufferable douchebag, as well.

Your opinion is meaningless. You are meaningless. If you were on fire I wouldn't piss on you to put you out.

I would, however, take pictures while you burn...

I routinely post images I've taken here.
That's all the more I'm reading of your jive bullshit. I've got better things to occupy with my time. My requests are SIMPLE. Your continual dancing evasions are tiring.
  1. A year ago you claimed I couldn't possibly have as much Canon gear as you. I agreed to list and SHOW all my Canon gear. I have file photos. You made excuses not to, but posted one or two pictures of a camera/lens set.
  2. When I posted several distinctive file photos of some of that gear, you claimed I just got the pictures off the web. Then you denounced the gear as junk. Now you admit I have it, claim it is ALL I have, and is nothing but tired, worthless old junk.
  3. I invited you to talk shop on advanced techniques of picture taking and post-processing: you always decline.
  4. You've repeatedly asked for more, better examples of my work while always making any excuse for showing your own.
  5. I just posted a detail image of the Moon above you couldn't take in your wildest dreams. That's why you ignore it.
  6. Nothing I've ever seen you post here was beyond the pedestrian that anyone here couldn't take with a decent camera and a little basic skill.
SO I'LL ASK YOU ONE MORE TIME:
You must have hundreds of thousands to a million digital photos you've taken. You keep putting me down as a "Wanna Be," so SHOW US a few pictures, one from each category you shoot that I couldn't take and explain to us the unusual circumstances, techniques and skills you used taking or creating it that the average non-pro wouldn't likely be able to do.​
I've assembled a small set of resized pictures formatted for here, one from each category I've typically shot that I can share here, each with a special little story of what went into taking it that makes it distinctive, unusual, unique or memorable. Once you post your pictures, I'll post mine.

I'm sure we all stand to learn a great deal from a photo master such as yourself.

Me, I got into photography at around the age of 5-6 because my dad was a Navy trained WWII photographer and as a boy, used to go down into the basement and watch him process pictures in his darkroom there. He had a store and a business after the war and finally continued on his own. I cut my teeth on a Speed Graphic and Omega enlarger. I still have the Omega but sold the SG a couple years ago to a collector.

Since then, I went on to a variety of other formats including mostly medium format and 35mm, mostly film, but in the 1990s started buying and shooting digital with Nikon, Olympus and Fuji gear, as well as a variety of specialized CCD, video and CMOS gear from Sony, Panasonic, SBIG, Apogee, Mountain Instruments, Astrovid, Collins Electro-optics, and ZWO.

Never much interest for shooting people and the mundane, I've always leaned mostly toward the technical, scientific, architectural, natural/scenic, and documentary.

I've mentioned my Canon binoculars-- here are a couple file photos of my binoculars I set up and took a couple years ago. The first and third are the Canon IS, the one in between is military Zeiss and the bottom big ones are 28X100 German military binoculars. That's 7X, 10X, 15X and about 30X. A binocular for every occasion.

P1010202.JPG

P1010199.JPG

That's nearly $8,000 in binoculars sitting there, retail.

See, Steve, I've even been magnanimous and gone first. Now you.

A year ago you claimed I couldn't possibly have as much Canon gear as you. I agreed to list and SHOW all my Canon gear. I have file photos. You made excuses not to, but posted one or two pictures of a camera/lens set.

You went into an emotional meltdown when I made a tongue-in-cheek comment.

You're mentally defective, and I've little interest in engaging a mental defective...

When I posted several distinctive file photos of some of that gear, you claimed I just got the pictures off the web. Then you denounced the gear as junk. Now you admit I have it, claim it is ALL I have, and is nothing but tired, worthless old junk.

I didn't say it was junk, I said it was archaic.

And it is.

You posted a photo of a Canon A-1 and lauded it as the end-all, be-all. Well, the reality is it's just not. Sure, it had some great advancements, but that was 40 years ago...

I invited you to talk shop on advanced techniques of picture taking and post-processing: you always decline.

You're so full of shit.

All you wanted to do was argue. You have some need to prove that you're better and know more. Well, I don't give a fuck if you do or you don't, quite frankly. I'm not going to satiate your need to belittle someone...

You've repeatedly asked for more, better examples of my work while always making any excuse for showing your own.

I've posted more than a few photos on this forum, many in threads which you've tried to shit on. You ignore them.

So, yeah, fuck you...

I just posted a detail image of the Moon above you couldn't take in your wildest dreams. That's why you ignore it.

FINALLY you post one photo. It's a good photo, but I've seen better. I've never claimed to have taken the best photo ever of the moon, so comparing yours to mine is pretty meaningless to me...

Nothing I've ever seen you post here was beyond the pedestrian that anyone here couldn't take with a decent camera and a little basic skill.

Yeah, you're boring the fuck out of me. Again with the "pedestrian" comment.

If you truly want to engage me in a discussion, you'll need to knock off the underhanded comments. All they do is further expose your need for acceptance...

You must have hundreds of thousands to a million digital photos you've taken. You keep putting me down as a "Wanna Be," so SHOW US a few pictures, one from each category you shoot that I couldn't take and explain to us the unusual circumstances, techniques and skills you used taking or creating it that the average non-pro wouldn't likely be able to do.

Again, the fun part about this is watching you lose your shit over something I never claimed, yet you've stupidly convinced yourself that I have.

I've never claimed that anyone couldn't take as good a photo as me, or even better, so I don't know why you cling to that so. You're like an insolent little girl who doesn't want to put her dolly down.

Again, I've posted countless images on this forum. Find them or don't; I don't care...
I've assembled a small set of resized pictures formatted for here, one from each category I've typically shot that I can share here, each with a special little story of what went into taking it that makes it distinctive, unusual, unique or memorable. Once you post your pictures, I'll post mine.

You seem to also have convinced yourself that I give a shit about anything you do. I don't. I don't give a fuck what you do or do not do. Honestly, I don't care if your work sucks or if it's the greatest ever.

I.

Don't.

Care.

You need t get over yourself. You're just not as impressive as you think you are...

I'm sure we all stand to learn a great deal from a photo master such as yourself.

Well, not you, because you're just too stupid to learn...

Me, I got into photography at around the age of 5-6 because my dad was a Navy trained WWII photographer and as a boy, used to go down into the basement and watch him process pictures in his darkroom there. He had a store and a business after the war and finally continued on his own. I cut my teeth on a Speed Graphic and Omega enlarger. I still have the Omega but sold the SG a couple years ago to a collector.

And... so?

I had a darkroom in our basement in New York and, instead of watching someone process pictures there I did it myself...

Since then, I went on to a variety of other formats including mostly medium format and 35mm, mostly film, but in the 1990s started buying and shooting digital with Nikon, Olympus and Fuji gear, as well as a variety of specialized CCD, video and CMOS gear from Sony, Panasonic, SBIG, Apogee, Mountain Instruments, Astrovid, Collins Electro-optics, and ZWO.

Never much interest for shooting people and the mundane, I've always leaned mostly toward the technical, scientific, architectural, natural/scenic, and documentary.

You're autistic, aren't you? You know, 1 in 88 are. It's just the way you present your arguments and list manufacturer names as if you think anyone cares enough to give a shit.

Technical and scientific photography bore me to tears. I don't do much architectural photography, because it's pretty fucking boring, too, although my real estate clients are plentiful. Natural/scenic? Yeah, I shoot that. I shoot a lot of that when I travel...

I've mentioned my Canon binoculars-- here are a couple file photos of my binoculars I set up and took a couple years ago. The first and third are the Canon IS, the one in between is military Zeiss and the bottom big ones are 28X100 German military binoculars. That's 7X, 10X, 15X and about 30X. A binocular for every occasion.

View attachment 435333

That's nearly $8,000 in binoculars sitting there, retail.

This is how we know you have a sick need to be "better" than anyone else in the room. Why would anyone care how much your binoculars cost? You must believe that people would care, but I'm pretty sure I'm not alone when I say that it's nothing but a cry (more like a whine) for attention...

See, Steve, I've even been magnanimous and gone first. Now you.

And you've been demeaning throughout.

So fuck you. You've proven yourself to be a boor and a lout, and not someone who's genuinely interested in discussing photography. And, as we've seen, I'm not the only one here who has that opinion. Now, if I'm wrong about that, then change your act and stop being an asshole. If not, then please be smart enough to understand that all of your childish demands will fall on deaf ears...[/QUOTE]

You went into an emotional meltdown when I made a tongue-in-cheek comment. Wow. What an escapist mentality.
You're mentally defective, and I've little interest in engaging a mental defective... TRANSLATION: Still running from the very challenge YOU started.
I didn't say it was junk, I said it was archaic. You first said I stole it off the web. Then you said the T90 was JUNK. None of that was even relevant as all we were doing was COUNTING Canon gear.
You posted a photo of a Canon A-1 and lauded it as the end-all, be-all. That never happened. Another delusion of yours. The A-1 like all my C Bodies were merely revolutionary in their day.
You're so full of shit. Another delusion. You've run from three invitations to talk technique and this is now the third time. You demand to see my work then refuse to show any of yours.
I've posted more than a few photos on this forum. None of them worth a damn.
Yeah, you're boring the fuck out of me. Again with the "pedestrian" comment. More evasion and running. Speaks volumes of you.
you'll need to knock off the underhanded comments You've been nothing but lies and evisceration from the beginning.
I've posted countless images on this forum. Must hide them somewhere. Too bad none of the ones I've seen amount to jack. My nephew could shoot the crap you post.
Why would anyone care how much your binoculars cost? Because you can buy crap that looks similar made in China for 1/10th the price. Because it shows my commitment to quality.

You are one pitiful fuck, Steve. You are stupid enough to splatter everything but your phone number and SS number all over this group, then you act like a major prick. It would not surprise me if one of these days you were walking down the street and someone you mouthed off to one time too many looked you up. You shot your mouth off that you owned this massive collection of Canon gear that filled a storage locker more than I could ever have then it turns out you own four bodies and six lenses. And that is literally ALL you own by your own admission.

I own three Canon bodies and 17 lenses, plus three flash guns and most everything else they ever made for the A-1 and T90 stuffed into two custom cases I built. You even ridiculed the cases because its something you'll never own. But unlike you, I own a lot of other gear both film and digital among many brands. I can shoot infinite DOF and 180° TFOV down to taking a picture of the rust on the head of a screw a mile away on a street sign.

Film gear isn't archaic, Steve, merely nostalgic. My Canon gear is like new mint besides some of it being perhaps 50 years old. The stuff is great within its limitations. I still use the stuff anywhere a special shot is needed using one of the many special Canon lenses I have that is simply not worth replacing with a newer version. Here is a quick snapshot I took stepping out into the bitter cold quickly and shooting this test shot before the cold had time to fog up or affect the figure of the optics using a 14mm f/2.8L lens with a 114° wide angle. No curved lines. Then I had the processed film digitized. No rectilinear distortion.

328693-R1-12-11A.jpg

Shooting that as film then digitizing it is a heck of a lot cheaper than spending over $1700 for the lens! Then you need to buy the body.

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 9.12.56 AM.png

Oh yeah. I just checked and good ol' B&H wanted $350 more.

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 9.12.35 AM.png

So much for your claim about B&H. And I wasn't even looking for a deal.

Of course, my original 14mm is made far superior with no crappy plastic parts.

14mm.jpg

SO, TO WRAP OT UP:

You refuse over and over to show any examples of your advanced shooting techniques so I must assume you have none.

You refuse over and over to discuss advance photo techniques and post-processing, so I must assume you have none.

You're a stock film shooter.

That's why you take 10,000 pictures in Italy. That's stock footage. There is no creativity there. No time for it.

I'm satisfied your all talk and no action. You talk shit then like any leftist coward, when called out, you answer with: "Your a mental defective and I don't care."

A true Pro always has his own work he is proud of where he pushed the envelop proud to show off. Not you. You're about parked cars.

I should start a thread here one of these days on creative photography. I bet everyone but you will have pictures they would be happy to share with others on creative and memorable pictures they took, not photos of Sinbad picking his nose. :21:

Have a good life, Steve. I see through you like glass.

Last edited:
If the video's worth a damn I'll post it here...

Post it even if it sucks so we can roast you.

LOL!! Fair enough, man.

That said, my daughter's pretty much Hell on wheels when it comes to video editing...
Nothin to it. Go get Openshot or Davinci and play a couple daze

Thanks, I'll check those out!

Hey Canon Shatter, go get Openshot or Davinci and play with them! :21:

B&H Photo is the fuckin' bane of my existence.

Picked up a new rig for doing video: Canon 5D MKIV, shoulder harness, mic and battery grip (for when I shoot stills with it).

I've been asked to produce a video of a memorial ride we're doing for a friend who was killed in a motorcycle accident about two weeks ago. I've enlisted the help of two other photographers to do stills, and I'm going to concentrate on video.

I'm hoping the video thing works out. I've been exclusively a still photo guy for the last 45 years, so this is uncharted territory for me. After the ride, I'm going to fly to Seattle and my daughter is going to help me with the editing.

If the video's worth a damn I'll post it here...

I have spent a lot of money with B&H over the years. LOL.

Photography is such an expensive addiction.

I hope your video turns out well.

I live in the Seattle area. I hope you are able to get some photos while you're here.

Post it even if it sucks so we can roast you.

Pretty sad to admit being in a business 45 years and never having even shot video then have to fly across the country to get a kid to edit it for you because all you know how to do is take simple snapshots of parked cars and things with regular exposures under ordinary lighting using standard f.l, lenses as a first ever attempt at something for a guy needlessly dead by his own hands.

But then, I guess it sure beats the hell out of shoving drinks at drunk slobs in your buddy's bar just to keep your head above water.

I don't have any strong feelings either way about what he is going to do, but I'm curious as to why you have to be a dick in every situation.

In my life I've learned many things.

One of them is that hate kills your soul. If you hate long enough your soul dies. All that's left is a shell of a human who spends their time spreading as much of that hate around to as many people as possible.

The person you replied to is a good example.

Forum List

Back