Just Went Shoppin'...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
B&H Photo is the fuckin' bane of my existence.

Picked up a new rig for doing video: Canon 5D MKIV, shoulder harness, mic and battery grip (for when I shoot stills with it).

I've been asked to produce a video of a memorial ride we're doing for a friend who was killed in a motorcycle accident about two weeks ago. I've enlisted the help of two other photographers to do stills, and I'm going to concentrate on video.

I'm hoping the video thing works out. I've been exclusively a still photo guy for the last 45 years, so this is uncharted territory for me. After the ride, I'm going to fly to Seattle and my daughter is going to help me with the editing.

If the video's worth a damn I'll post it here...

Post it even if it sucks so we can roast you.

Pretty sad to admit being in a business 45 years and never having even shot video then have to fly across the country to get a kid to edit it for you because all you know how to do is take simple snapshots of parked cars and things with regular exposures under ordinary lighting using standard f.l, lenses as a first ever attempt at something for a guy needlessly dead by his own hands.

But then, I guess it sure beats the hell out of shoving drinks at drunk slobs in your buddy's bar just to keep your head above water.

Pretty sad to admit being in a business 45 years and never having even shot video then have to fly across the country to get a kid to edit it for you because all you know how to do is take simple snapshots of parked cars and things with regular exposures under ordinary lighting using standard f.l, lenses as a first ever attempt at something for a guy needlessly dead by his own hands.

But then, I guess it sure beats the hell out of shoving drinks at drunk slobs in your buddy's bar just to keep your head above water.

I don't have any strong feelings either way about what he is going to do, but I'm curious as to why you have to be a dick in every situation.

Eat shit, wanna' be.

I knew this would draw you out of your hole. You're so fucking predictable.

Oh, and I don't serve drinks. I take little bitch drunks like you and drag them, kicking and crying, into the parking lot.

Then again, you'd never get through the door to begin with...

Last edited:

I don't have any strong feelings either way about what he is going to do, but I'm curious as to why you have to be a dick in every situation.

Oh, don't mind that dipshit. His vagina hurts because he wants to be a real photographer.

He's not, of course. As you very astutely mentioned, he's a dick. That's all he is, and all he ever will be. He can't produce quality results, so he denigrates and demeans those who do.

But the back story is that he got all bent out of shape once because I made a tongue-in-cheek comment about how much Canon gear I own. He seriously went off the rails, challenging me at every turn, but never posting anything he's ever shot himself. And, when asked what he shoots with, he posts a photo of some archaic film gear.

The guy's a loser putz who wants to run with the big dogs, but he can't, because he's a pussy...

Oh, don't mind that dipshit. His vagina hurts because he wants to be a real photographer.

He's not, of course. As you very astutely mentioned, he's a dick. That's all he is, and all he ever will be. He can't produce quality results, so he denigrates and demeans those who do.

But the back story is that he got all bent out of shape once because I made a tongue-in-cheek comment about how much Canon gear I own. He seriously went off the rails, challenging me at every turn, but never posting anything he's ever shot himself. And, when asked what he shoots with, he posts a photo of some archaic film gear.

The guy's a loser putz who wants to run with the big dogs, but he can't, because he's a pussy...

All that is well and good, and I wish you both the best of luck in your photographic goals, but that guy has a stick up his butt all the time.

Just a question, why do you choose Canon? I was under the impression that Nikon, or Pentax were better in that price range? A pro up here that
I know uses Rollei for almost everything he does.

Just a question, why do you choose Canon? I was under the impression that Nikon, or Pentax were better in that price range? A pro up here that I know uses Rollei for almost everything he does.

I've shot Canon since the 70's. It's what I'm comfortable with. There are Nikon shooters who'll say the exact same thing about Nikon. It's a "Ford/Chevy" thing. The bottom line is that both make great systems...

All that is well and good, and I wish you both the best of luck in your photographic goals, but that guy has a stick up his butt all the time.

Well, he has no photographic goals. His only goal is to tell others how much they suck while never providing any evidence to show how he's superior...

Well, he has no photographic goals. His only goal is to tell others how much they suck while never providing any evidence to show how he's superior...

Art is subjective. There is no "best".

Eat shit, wanna' be.

So. After telling the world you were this world-great photographer and being proven wrong, after claiming you had this worlds-best collection of gear and not producing shit, after losing every argument with me with your endless ridiculous claims and saying you were putting me on ignore, you've been proven wrong again.

Wanna be what? An actual talented diverse specialty photographer instead of some high-school grad bar tender drop out trying to scrape nickels together working in a high crime seedy neighborhood for his buddy pawning off snapshots ANYONE could take with a five and dime auto focus auto exposure camera?

Wanna be what, some pathetic loser like you who 40% of your posts here are to express your narrow-minded, hate-filled racist views with the other 60% being self-ingratiating attempts to garner attention for yourself for some unmet need for approval and attention while hoping against hopes that floating some of your pedestrian photography here might even scrape you up some business to keep from getting evicted from your two room apartment? That is, after all, your whole MO, isn't it? Constantly trying to "sell" yourself to everyone you meet trying to find your next "job?"

What's your next big caper-- -- shooting Sinbad picking his nose at the old folks home?

I knew this would draw you out of your hole.
Like I said, it's all about your wanting to get attention, even if it is by constantly trying to pass yourself off as some kind of good photographer after admitting you have zero video experience, zero specialty experience, zero large format experience and zero medium format experience using a handful of bodies some of which cost less to buy than some of my old film bodies? I've seen nothing from you that I bet 99% of the people here couldn't take as well. I mean, how much skill does it take to shoot a snapshot of a parked car under midday sun? Zero.

Oh, and I don't serve drinks. I take little bitch drunks like you and drag them, kicking and crying, into the parking lot.
So, you're not even capable of mixing behind the bar as a respectable person, you stand around at the door in the dark behind the drape to hide your ugly face that scares women in some seedy neighborhood doing grunt work using muscle to throw plastered bums out into the street in a high crime neighborhood and hope they don't come back putting a cap in you. Nice work. About your skill level.

But then, what can one really expect from you Steve when you OTOH brag you're a "Canon Shooter" then slam Canon gear and some of the best most pivotal bodies they ever made while wrongly assuming my large collection of Canon FD gear was all I actually had camera-wise? The breadth and depth of my photographic experience and gear and about 58 years in photography picks up where yours leaves off, and that's reflected both in your refusal to meet me on a number of challenging topics of advanced image taking as well as post signal processing as much as the hayseed pedestrian work you flout here looking for a few pats of approval on your head.

You're nothing but an uncouth, low-rent thug, Steve, you've not shown one picture here that is impressive or shows any real photographic talent beyond the MUNDANE, now you admit you can't even shoot video, didn't even own any gear and need to reach out to others to finish the skilled parts of the job for you. If you want, Steve, I can teach you anything you want to know about video post-processing, but I doubt you can afford me on your bouncer income. That was best reflected in a thread on taking pictures of the Moon you participated in here once. Any putz can take snapshots of cars, and drinking glasses, but when it came to something actually challenging, here is what you presented as your "professional" work":

moon03.jpg

I get far better views of the Moon through my Canon IS 15X45 and 10X30 binoculars! Oops! Do you have any gear like that Steve?

Meantime, here's a shot of the Moon I took through my 1200mm f/7.89 LZOS aplanat on a Losmandy equatorial tracking platform:

APX-D152Lun.c.jpg

Sorry, but the formatting here does not permit display of the full resolution of the image, but it gives you an idea.

Have any idea what I'm even fucking talking about there, Canon Grifter? Do you have any computer-controlled DC-servo tracking platforms there at the bar?

You're nothing but a camera GRUNT, Steve, some sweaty imbecile who takes your greasy pictures because it's the only real way of supporting yourself (other than being hired "muscle") and though you scrape a meager living doing it only because that's all you've ever done your whole life spending 40 years "networking" yourself with friends to stay alive, it just KILLS you that someone like me who only pursues imaging as a side hobby has more and better gear and knows and has done 10X as much picking up where you leave off, because I'm about creativity, art and quality rather than just making a buck.

And don't forget, you WANTED to hear from me. :21:

Last edited:

Art is subjective. There is no "best".

Very true.

Unfortunately, the Freak doesn't comprehend that. He truly wants people to believe he's "the best" for no other reason than he proclaims "I'm the best".

I know countless photographers who I think are better than me, and I know countless photographers who I think aren't. But none of that matters. This is photography, not brain surgery. I do it for a living (and a comfortable one, at that) and I do it a pastime. I truly enjoy photography, and the only opinions which count are mine and those of my clients.

But the Freak has some emotional need to be considered "the best", and he hates it when no one plays his game...

All that is well and good
He has no photographic goals. He truly wants people to believe he's "the best"

You're such a fucking pathetic pitiable liar, Steve. I DARE you to copy and paste anywhere I ever claimed to be "the best" at anything. Anyone who hasn't seen your previous lies, subterfuge and evasions is free to go look them up.
  • I approached you interested in sharing the hobby of Canon gear and you ran from discussing it.
  • You called people pussies on another thread if they simply availed themselves of the Ignore function, so I showed you how wrong you arrogantly were by driving YOU to put someone on Ignore yourself.
  • Then you started your BS about having a far bigger collection of Canon gear than I possibly could and when I asked to each show their gear you refused! Then I found out you had already listed your few bodies and zoom lenses on another thread and it was nothing. Meantime, my Canon gear is maybe only a tenth what I own.
  • Then you posted a few simple pictures of some has-been and a drinking glass as your chosen best examples of your work. When you put me down I challenged you to each show a range of stuff we'd done, and you ran again. Meantime, anyone searching photography can find other threads where I've posted some things I've done, and at year's end, I had intended to show some of one of my student's work he has done and how his work has grown and progressed during the shutdowns.
  • Not one thing you've ever posted here has shown any sort of real, advanced skill, equipment or techniques beyond the ability of a hundred casual amateurs here with basic equipment here.
  • You mocked and put down the most pioneering and pivotal Canon gear the company ever made.
  • The Moon photos I posted above just hint at the gulf between you and I.
  • You ran from my challenge to discuss advanced photographic and post-processing techniques.
  • When I showed close up detailed file photos of some of my bodies and more unusual gear, you laughingly claimed I stole them from the web. I own gear and brands you've never even heard of.
  • My offer to share work still stands. Not to prove who is the better because I could care less, but just to show you're all blather and no action.
  • You've spent the year as a bouncer now in your buddy's bar because you couldn't even find work, and now you think it such a big deal that someone let you take pictures of a few parked cars (which you didn't even do THAT creatively) and now a small video gig for your lost buddy despite having no experience whatsoever and needing carried to finish the job that you can't help but flout it here like it is some big deal.
The truly sad thing is that I don't even follow your sorry threads or posts! You never have anything constructive to really add to any topic elsewhere that I've ever seen, and whenever I DO happen to come across one of your picture threads by accident, there you are again waxing about your grand photographic exploits and the sad details of your miserable life for sympathy, approval and attention, and your next big caper except none of them are that big a deal, except that I've yet to see any work ever posted here by you that shows me you're anything other than just a grunt camera bug who's made a rather meager living at doing very routine pedestrian work at the bottom of the pro's creative barrel!

So now lie some more and try to tell these people otherwise, Canon Shitter. But remember, some of them will have likely seen and followed some of our previous discussions and know I'm being quite factual and never lie or exaggerate a thing I say.

Last edited:

Picked up a new rig for doing video: Canon 5D MKIV, shoulder harness, mic and battery grip (for when I shoot stills with it).

I've been asked to produce a video of a memorial ride we're doing for a friend who was killed in a motorcycle accident about two weeks ago. I've enlisted the help of two other photographers to do stills, and I'm going to concentrate on video.

I'm hoping the video thing works out. I've been exclusively a still photo guy for the last 45 years, so this is uncharted territory for me. After the ride, I'm going to fly to Seattle and my daughter is going to help me with the editing.

B&H and Adorama...

B&H and Adorama...

I've never shopped at Adorama. I've been a B&H customer for decades and just don't see a reason to go anywhere else...

B&H and Adorama...

I've never shopped at Adorama. I've been a B&H customer for decades and just don't see a reason to go anywhere else...

Adorama is great. Always great service. I view B&H as the last place to go when there is no one else for what you want because you pay absolute full retail highest price with them always. Years ago, B&H sent me like six THICK catalogs on everything under the planet. Must have been $50 just to print it all. Didn't even ask for it. The cost of all that is passed on to the customer.

Adorama is great. Always great service. I view B&H as the last place to go when there is no one else for what you want because you pay absolute full retail highest price with them always. Years ago, B&H sent me like six THICK catalogs on everything under the planet. Must have been $50 just to print it all. Didn't even ask for it. The cost of all that is passed on to the customer.

Interesting.

Adorama's price, for what I bought, was exactly the same as B&H.

Then again, you're a fucking retard, so you wouldn't understand that...

You're such a fucking pathetic pitiable liar, Steve. I DARE you to copy and paste anywhere I ever claimed to be "the best" at anything.

Well, shit, at least then you'd be telling the truth...

I approached you interested in sharing the hobby of Canon gear and you ran from discussing it.

I ran from nothing, you dickless little fuck...

Then you started your BS about having a far bigger collection of Canon gear than I possibly could and when I asked to each show their gear you refused!

Your panties got into a knot pretty quick over a rhetorical, tongue-in-check comment. I didn't lay my shit out there only because it was so much fun watching you blow a fucking gasket.

You amused me...

Then I found out you had already listed your few bodies and zoom lenses on another thread and it was nothing.

Right.

My gear list is pretty extensive, dipshit...

Meantime, my Canon gear is maybe only a tenth what I own.

Of course, the only photos you posted to gear you owned was archaic film gear...

Then you posted a few simple pictures of some has-been and a drinking glass as your chosen best examples of your work. When you put me down I challenged you to each show a range of stuff we'd done, and you ran again.

I willingly posted examples of my work. You didn't. Why not? Because you're a fuckin' wannabe'...

Meantime, anyone searching photography can find other threads where I've posted some things I've done, and at year's end, I had intended to show some of one of my student's work he has done and how his work has grown and progressed during the shutdowns.

You should go into comedy. Seriously.

You "intended" nothing...

Not one thing you've ever posted here has shown any sort of real, advanced skill, equipment or techniques beyond the ability of a hundred casual amateurs here with basic equipment here.

I'm not entirely sure why you'ree filling your diaper up over what I do. I get paid, and paid well, for the work I produce. Unless you're the guy signing the check, your opinion means exactly dick...

You mocked and put down the most pioneering and pivotal Canon gear the company ever made.

What? The A-1? Great camera, but its best days are long behind it...

The Moon photos I posted above just hint at the gulf between you and I.

You posted no such thing. In fac t, you've posted none of your own work...

You ran from my challenge
to discuss advanced photographic and post-processing techniques.

I ran from nothing. And when I ran from nothing, you turned into a pussy and tucked your tail between your legs...

When I showed close up detailed file photos of some of my bodies and more unusual gear, you laughingly claimed I stole them from the web. I own gear and brands you've never even heard of.

You posted some photos of some REALLY old photo gear that no serious photographer would ever use today...

My offer to share work still stands. Not to prove who is the better because I could care less, but just to show you're all blather and no action.

Bitch, I asked you COUNTLESS TIMES to post some of your work, and you never did. Conversely, I posted plenty of my work. You posted nothing because you're nothing but a cowardly little bitch...

You've spent the year as a bouncer now in your buddy's bar because you couldn't even find work

No, you stupid simp. I bounced at my buddy's bar because I'm comfortably retired and I got bored...

and now you think it such a big deal that someone let you take pictures of a few parked cars (which you didn't even do THAT creatively) and now a small video gig for your lost buddy despite having no experience whatsoever and needing carried to finish the job that you can't help but flout it here like it is some big deal.

No, i don't think it's any big deal. I'm not afraid to admit I've little experience with video, but I look at it as a b it of a challenge. Maybe it will be, maybe it won't.

But you'll always be a dickless little retard...

The truly sad thing is that I don't even follow your sorry threads or posts!

And, yet, here you are...

You never have anything constructive to really add to any topic elsewhere that I've ever seen, and whenever I DO happen to come across one of your picture threads by accident, there you are again waxing about your grand photographic exploits and the sad details of your miserable life for sympathy, approval and attention, and your next big caper except none of them are that big a deal, except that I've yet to see any work ever posted here by you that shows me you're anything other than just a grunt camera bug who's made a rather meager living at doing very routine pedestrian work at the bottom of the pro's creative barrel!

The bottom line is that you're too big a chickenshit to post any of the work you've done. You've never done it, and you never will. I, on the other hand, would happily go shot for shot with you. I'm confident and comfortable with the results I get.

Clearly, you aren't, since you've never posted a single fucking thing, with the exception of a tired old photo of a Canon A-1...

So now lie some more and try to tell these people otherwise, Canon Shitter. But remember, some of them will have likely seen and followed some of our previous discussions and know I'm being quite factual and never lie or exaggerate a thing I say.

Until you post your work, your comments are utterly meaningless.

I readily post my work.

You're a chickenshit pussy who has nothing worthy of posting.

I hereby challenge you, bitch. Let's see some of your work.

C'mon, you cowardly little fuck, let's see it. You post, then I'll post.

You got the balls to do that?

Forum List

Back