Just opened my SECOND census form...WTF?

txlonghorn

Mar 9, 2009
Got my first census form a month ago...filled it out and sent it in. DUMB ASS QUESTIONS AND ALL.

And a few minutes ago, the postal carrier left ANOTHER form in my mail box. And the letter inside said, "This is your last chance to respond by mail before a Census Bureau Representative contacts you."

So, one of two things have happened here... 1- The government lost it's own return addressed envelope...which is HYSTERICAL, or 2- They are sending out a second round to every household in an attempt to scare more people into filling out the form.

Either way, they are a bunch of wasteful mindless bafoons. If they lost the form, then what the hell good does it do to use pre-paid, self addressed return envelopes for???? If they didn't lose it then they are just duplicating a massive mailing process at the taxpayer's expense.

God, what a waste. I only wish I knew the real reason why this shit was so GODDAMNED important to this administration.

Last edited:
The first was a GOP fundraising letter...

See? I didn't send the first one back, and never heard from them again. :lol:

That was probably supposed to go to Xotoxi. Did you also receive a USMB bumper sticker?

I actually got my bumper sticker!

In fact I got TWO!!!

I put one on my front license plate and the other on my rear license plate.

God, what a waste. I only wish I knew the real reason why this shit was so GODDAMNED important to this administration.

What does the census have to do with this administration?

If it is so baffling to you, maybe you can ponder what the 2000 census had to do with the outgoing Clinton administration...

2000 Census Questions and Instructions

Or what the 1990 census had to do with the Bush I administration...

1990 Census Questions and Instructions

Why did the Federal government in 1990 need to know the obstetric history of females living in your home?

20. If this person is a female -
How many babies has she ever had, not counting still births?

If it is so baffling to you, maybe you can ponder what the 2000 census had to do with the outgoing Clinton administration...

Why did the Federal government in 1990 need to know the obstetric history of females living in your home?

Well, I don't remember the gigantic ad campaign in 2000 and I don't recall getting threats of government officials visiting my home either.

What does it have to do with this administration? Who else controls the census bureau?

As for your last question....exactly! What value is the fertility of a woman where the census is concerned? Why do they need to know anything other than how many people occupy my home? How does that effect "community funding"? Are some races more deserving than others? Are people with more kids a hinderance on the community? Are people with less kids targeted in some way?

Last edited:
Well, I don't remember the gigantic ad campaign in 2000 and I don't recall getting threats of government officials visiting my home either.

As I see it, the ads are a effort to get people to mail in their forms, so that government officials don't have to come to your house. Because they would have in 1990 and 2000 had you not completed the forms.

I'm interested to see if the money spent on ads generated a cost savings on door-to-door manpower. Clearly a 42 cent stamp is a lot less costly than sitting down with a census worker for 15 minutes to answer questions.

What does it have to do with this administration? Who else controls the census bureau?

As for your last question....exactly! What value is the fertility of a woman where the census is concerned? Why do they need to know anything other than how many people occupy my home? How does that effect "community funding"? Are some races more deserving than others? Are people with more kids a hinderance on the community? Are people with less kids targeted in some way?

Geezus, would you stop your incessant whining? That question isn't on the form this time.

ten times it asked if I was Hispanic!

Most people only read each question once...

but then again, most people in this country are literate...

Is your illiteracy genetic, Mag?

Forum List

Back