Just once is enough - how many LGB are there?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
If we accept the premise of a recent conservative study about gay parenting, then having had just one gay experience makes you gay. So by that standard, 8.2% are LGB. And if thoughts can be sinful as Christianity maintains, then it jumps to 11%.

How Many People are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender? | Williams Institute

"Among adults who identify as lesbian, gay, or bisexual, bisexuals comprise a slight majority (1.8% compared to 1.7% who identify as lesbian or gay); women are substantially more likely than men to identify as bisexual; estimates of those who report any lifetime same-sex sexual behavior and any same-sex sexual attraction are substantially higher than estimates of those who identify as lesbian, gay, or bisexual. There are also nearly 700,000 transgender individuals in the US. An estimated 19 million Americans (8.2%) report that they have engaged in same-sex sexual behavior and nearly 25.6 million Americans (11%) acknowledge at least some same-sex sexual attraction."

Transsexuals, though often gay aren't always. And if they identify as such I assumed they were already figured in to the percentage. Thing mentioned there are 700k in the US, but since it didn't include them as a percentage I figured however they identfy orientation-wise was already factored-in.

I've read the estimate of all mammals is 10%. There are probably many more than we know. As our culture becomes more accepting, more will come out.

Who cares? It has no bearing on people's lives. People need to mind their own business.

(Don't bother trying to educate trannysteve - she's beyond help.)

The hard core wiring is about 1% female and 3% male.

Anybody who has an encounter is not automatically gay, any more than a person who goes to a Baptist church is automatically Baptist.

But if you go to a gay Baptist church, well then

I've read the estimate of all mammals is 10%. There are probably many more than we know. As our culture becomes more accepting, more will come out.

Who cares? It has no bearing on people's lives. People need to mind their own business.

(Don't bother trying to educate trannysteve - she's beyond help.)

Those who are afraid of diversity and expressions of individual liberty, where that fear manifest as hatred toward gay Americans, simply because they incorrectly perceive gay Americans as a ‘threat.’

Forum List

Back