Just noticed a weird Firestick feature after a week

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
If you are watching a channel for more than 3 hours a message pops asking.........."are you still watching this channel?" HUH? I had to click YES to continue watching it.

What kind of stupid ass feature is that? LOL Why the fuck would it matter?

If you are watching a channel for more than 3 hours a message pops asking.........."are you still watching this channel?" HUH? I had to click YES to continue watching it.

Standard feature of most devices to check if you're still watching after long period of inactivity to save power. No doubt there is the option to probably change the length of the setting or just turn it off altogether if you just stop eating pie out of the crack of your blow up doll's ass and check the drop down menus on the device.

Standard feature of most devices to check if you're still watching after long period of inactivity to save power. No doubt there is the option to probably change the length of the setting or just turn it off altogether if you just stop eating pie out of the crack of your blow up doll's ass and check the drop down menus on the device.

Well let me check the menu because that was so weird shit

Saves you data if your not unlimited and you've fallen asleep infront of the tv.

Saves you data if your not unlimited and you've fallen asleep infront of the tv.

I was noticing the tv was off when I woke up and thought I laid on the remote by an accident lol

I was noticing the tv was off when I woke up and thought I laid on the remote by an accident lol
I think you just answered the question. People fall asleep. So what’s the point of the videos to continue playing if you’re sleeping? That’s a waste. If you’re up and watching it doesn’t take much to push a button

I think you just answered the question. People fall asleep. So what’s the point of the videos to continue playing if you’re sleeping? That’s a waste. If you’re up and watching it doesn’t take much to push a button

I like to sleep with the tv on

So do I but I set a sleep timer

My TV has that feature too. And it's plugged into a surge protector/power strip that automatically shuts down the TV accessories such as the cable box/DVR and DVD player when the TV turns off. After all if you're not watching TV there's no reason to have the TV accessories turned on.

It's an energy saver in the summer. Just that cable DVR uses as much electricity as an average kitchen refrigerator. And when you are sleepy, you might not be in the mood to go searching for the controls to all that stuff. It's a very convenient feature to have it all shut down automatically when the TV turns off.

Last edited:

My TV has that feature too. And it's plugged into a surge protector/power strip that automatically shuts down the TV accessories such as the cable box/DVR and DVD player when the TV turns off. After all if you're not watching TV there's no reason to have the TV accessories turned on.

It's an energy saver in the summer. Just that cable DVR uses as much electricity as an average kitchen refrigerator. And when you are sleepy, you might not be in the mood to go searching for the controls to all that stuff. It's a very convenient feature to have it all shut down automatically when the TV turns off.

Well I guess when I get in the bed at night I will turn off the fire stick and turn on regular tv

It's your electric/internet bill. Do what you want.

Forum List

Back