Just like the Nazis, they are trying to wipe out a civilisation

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Interesting article about the destruction of the antiquities and how upset the author is.

Tom Holland
PUBLISHED06/03/2015 | 02:30

iraqq.jpg
OPEN GALLERY 1
Iraqi soldiers gather near their vehicles as smoke rises from burning oil wells in the Ajil field, east of the city of Tikrit. Photo: REUTERS/ Mahmoud Raouf
Last week, a video was released showing the destruction of antiquities in Mosul's museums. Since the antiquities themselves were probably smashed months ago, the dust in the display-rooms will long since have settled. Meanwhile, in the world beyond, the brutal and deliberate attack on treasures spanning millennia is already yesterday's news.

Isil, whose goons perpetrated the vandalism, appreciate more cynically than anyone that the world's media feeds on a rapid turnover of atrocities. One succeeds another in a murderous churn. Why, then, should the destruction of statues matter more than the loss of human life? It is a question that troubles me: for I must acknowledge, if I am honest, that no images from the hell that is the Islamic State have upset me more than those which showed a winged bull more than two-and-a-half thousand years old being deliberately and methodically power-drilled.

Why should anyone care that it was destroyed? An answer, perhaps, is to be found in a Christian legend reported of Assyria, an ancient kingdom that incorporated what is today Mosul and its surroundings.

In AD 362, the daughter of the Assyrian king, dying of an incurable illness, was restored to full health by the prayers of a local Christian saint. So impressed was her brother, Prince Behnam, by this miracle that he turned his back on his ancestral religion and accepted baptism. His martyrdom, though, swiftly followed; for Behnam's father, outraged by his apostasy, had him put to death.

When the king in turn fell sick, his wife had a dream which revealed that only his own baptism would serve to cure him. The king, bowing to the inevitable, not only agreed to become a Christian, but to found a number of monasteries.

Continue reading at:

Just like the Nazis they are trying to wipe out a civilisation - Independent.ie?

Interesting article about the destruction of the antiquities and how upset the author is.

Tom Holland
PUBLISHED06/03/2015 | 02:30

iraqq.jpg
OPEN GALLERY 1
Iraqi soldiers gather near their vehicles as smoke rises from burning oil wells in the Ajil field, east of the city of Tikrit. Photo: REUTERS/ Mahmoud Raouf
Last week, a video was released showing the destruction of antiquities in Mosul's museums. Since the antiquities themselves were probably smashed months ago, the dust in the display-rooms will long since have settled. Meanwhile, in the world beyond, the brutal and deliberate attack on treasures spanning millennia is already yesterday's news.

Isil, whose goons perpetrated the vandalism, appreciate more cynically than anyone that the world's media feeds on a rapid turnover of atrocities. One succeeds another in a murderous churn. Why, then, should the destruction of statues matter more than the loss of human life? It is a question that troubles me: for I must acknowledge, if I am honest, that no images from the hell that is the Islamic State have upset me more than those which showed a winged bull more than two-and-a-half thousand years old being deliberately and methodically power-drilled.

Why should anyone care that it was destroyed? An answer, perhaps, is to be found in a Christian legend reported of Assyria, an ancient kingdom that incorporated what is today Mosul and its surroundings.

In AD 362, the daughter of the Assyrian king, dying of an incurable illness, was restored to full health by the prayers of a local Christian saint. So impressed was her brother, Prince Behnam, by this miracle that he turned his back on his ancestral religion and accepted baptism. His martyrdom, though, swiftly followed; for Behnam's father, outraged by his apostasy, had him put to death.

When the king in turn fell sick, his wife had a dream which revealed that only his own baptism would serve to cure him. The king, bowing to the inevitable, not only agreed to become a Christian, but to found a number of monasteries.

Continue reading at:

Just like the Nazis they are trying to wipe out a civilisation - Independent.ie?

It's the same Islamist supremacist ideology that rears it's ugly head time and again. Not too long ago, in Afghanistan, it was the Taliban that decided to blow up the ancient Bhudda statues. And despite the entire world pleading with them not to do it, they still went ahead with it This is what Islam is and how it affects people. It is truly a cancer upon modern civilization.

Last edited:

But the Crusades, the Crusades!

The Crusades were a merging of cultures, an exchange of knowledge.

An exact Christian parallel to this though is the cutting down of sacred Odinist trees and other sites and the burning of Native American religious records by the Catholic Church.

A very powerful anger channels through me when I think about the desecration of my people's ancient cultures.

One of the most important archaeological and cultural treasures in the world has been destroyed by the Islamic State, according to Iraq’s Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities.

Now we know why Obama funds and arms ISIS, he wants them to rewrite history. Sounds like a typical communist scheme to teach revised history in public schools.

ISIS Bulldozes Pre-Islamic Artifacts Alex Jones Infowars There s a war on for your mind

Those dumb fucks, same thing the Taliban did to the Bhudist statues.

One of the most important archaeological and cultural treasures in the world has been destroyed by the Islamic State, according to Iraq’s Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities.

Now we know why Obama funds and arms ISIS, he wants them to rewrite history. Sounds like a typical communist scheme to teach revised history in public schools.

ISIS Bulldozes Pre-Islamic Artifacts Alex Jones Infowars There s a war on for your mind

Those dumb fucks, same thing the Taliban did to the Bhudist statues.

But remember, according to Obama, King of the Liberals, we're supposed to invite them inside America and welcome them with open arms.

One must wonder why liberals so desperately wants Muslims in their country? There's a long memoir written by Hitler where he strongly wished his nation was a Muslim nation, because they are much easier to control.

I expect them to tear down the pyramids and the Sphinx if they get Egypt.

Thank goodness they got rid of Morsi.

Maybe they can resist, who knows?

Taliban did that also in afghanastan,

They are all the same little fucking scummy children, they remind me of liberals in this country, if they had their way they would blow up the grand Christian churches in this country.

An exact Christian parallel to this though is the cutting down of sacred Odinist trees and other sites and the burning of Native American religious records by the Catholic Church.

A very powerful anger channels through me when I think about the desecration of my people's ancient cultures.
800 years ago?

Seriously faggot?

Quit being a apologist, moron

I expect them to tear down the pyramids and the Sphinx if they get Egypt.

Thank goodness they got rid of Morsi.

Maybe they can resist, who knows?

An attack on the pyramids and the Sphinx would be a battle cry the entire world Caucasian world would have to answer. There are beautiful Caucasian paintings and mummies in that region.

800 years ago?

Seriously faggot?

Quit being a apologist, moron

It doesn't matter how long ago it was, we are unable to access the historical texts and artifacts of our ancestors.

I so wish Israel retaliates and blows up the Dome in the rock.

Fuck them, I want king Davids tomb back

They want world war III , we will let the jews start it...

Edit and we will finish it

Last edited:

Now if non Muslims had done anything remotely close to an Islamic artifact, just imagine what the reaction would be? It seems like barbarism and intolerance is an expected trait when it comes to Islam.

Now if non Muslims had done anything remotely close to an Islamic artifact, just imagine what the reaction would be? It seems like barbarism and intolerance is an expected trait when it comes to Islam.

Assad has not reservations using the great mosque at Aleppo as a military base. He has bombed mosques in Homs and christian monasteries. What the rest of the world regard are treasures are sadly expendable, no matter the faith or sect.
Even Mecca has been subject to terror attacks and desecration going back a millennia.

Forum List

Back