Just kill the health bill, please!

MaggieMae

Reality bits
Apr 3, 2009
It's become obvious that the conservatives have won the battle, though not the war. The lies persist, the same ones that were shouted out at last summer's town hall meetings, summarized here:

Twenty-six Lies About H.R. 3200 | FactCheck.org

And this latest one: An outrageous statement by Dick Armey on CNN that "Christian Scientists who do not sign up for Medicare will lose their Social Security Benefits."

I have searched the Christian Science website, the Christian Science Monitor's website, and even Dick Armey's Freedomworks website; the Social Security Administration website, and the Department of Health and Human Services website, and can find nothing, nada, zip referring to any such thing. There isn't a single reference, nor even a single blogger's voice of concern that this has or would ever happen. Why? Because it would mean amending both the Social Security Act and the Medicare Act to exclude a religious body. It's just more fearmongering, which is typical of maniacs like Armey for which outright lying is as natural as taking a shit.

Transcript excerpt from CNN.com - Transcripts, 3/16/10, John Roberts and Dick Armey:
ARMEY: No. When -- look, when they trespass against our freedom by issuing mandates and what products we must buy.

I'll give you an example. Today, just by virtue of a policy memorandum written in the Department of Health and Human Services -- no law, no regulation -- a policy memorandum written among themselves. Today, if you are a Christian scientist and you do not sign up for Medicare, you lose your Social Security.

Nobody put that into law. Where did it come from? It came from their pure audacity and their need to be in charge.

So, you take a person, who, by religious conviction, has never attended a physician in his entire life and will never do so, and you say you must sign up for this federal government program or you lose your life-savings which you were forced to put into a bad program in the first place. Now, are you telling me that that's respect for our freedom? That is an audacity of control. And we have these folks in our family, we call them control freaks and we avoid them.

It's simply time to concede defeat. The bill has become such an enormous mishmash by trying to appease every special interest, including full explanations therein refuting the bogus claims by the right, that it simply isn't worth any more effort.

[Copies of this have been e-mailed to my respective legislators.]

It's become obvious that the conservatives have won the battle, though not the war. The lies persist, the same ones that were shouted out at last summer's town hall meetings, summarized here:

And this latest one: An outrageous statement by Dick Armey on CNN that "Christian Scientists who do not sign up for Medicare will lose their Social Security Benefits."

I have searched the Christian Science website, the Christian Science Monitor's website, and even Dick Armey's Freedomworks website; the Social Security Administration website, and the Department of Health and Human Services website, and can find nothing, nada, zip referring to any such thing. There isn't a single reference, nor even a single blogger's voice of concern that this has or would ever happen. Why? Because it would mean amending both the Social Security Act and the Medicare Act to exclude a religious body. It's just more fearmongering, which is typical of maniacs like Armey for which outright lying is as natural as taking a shit.

Transcript excerpt from CNN.com - Transcripts, 3/16/10, John Roberts and Dick Armey:
ARMEY: No. When -- look, when they trespass against our freedom by issuing mandates and what products we must buy.

I'll give you an example. Today, just by virtue of a policy memorandum written in the Department of Health and Human Services -- no law, no regulation -- a policy memorandum written among themselves. Today, if you are a Christian scientist and you do not sign up for Medicare, you lose your Social Security.

Nobody put that into law. Where did it come from? It came from their pure audacity and their need to be in charge.

So, you take a person, who, by religious conviction, has never attended a physician in his entire life and will never do so, and you say you must sign up for this federal government program or you lose your life-savings which you were forced to put into a bad program in the first place. Now, are you telling me that that's respect for our freedom? That is an audacity of control. And we have these folks in our family, we call them control freaks and we avoid them.

It's simply time to concede defeat. The bill has become such an enormous mishmash by trying to appease every special interest, including full explanations therein refuting the bogus claims by the right, that it simply isn't worth any more effort.

:clap2::clap2:

I agree with this post more than I think I've ever agreed with a post on this message board.

It's just a shame that I can't rep you more than once for it.

No. Not while Im paying huge bills and copays. No way.

I would have believed the democrats had my best interest at heart, yep, except for the fact that they voted down the amendment that said they should put themselves under the same health care reform bill they passed for us. Yup iffen it ain't good enough for them then I don't want it.

I think it's dead.. the only thing more dead are those who vote for it. Assuming they do the legal thing and actually vote...

I don't get why these folks are doing it... a solid majority of the American people DON'T want it... it is suicide. I guess hard core Marxism takes the day.

I think it's dead.. the only thing more dead are those who vote for it. Assuming they do the legal thing and actually vote...

I don't get why these folks are doing it... a solid majority of the American people DON'T want it... it is suicide. I guess hard core Marxism takes the day.

Since I'm sure you're an expert on Marxism, why don't you explain what the tenets of Marxism are, and how the healthcare plan fits them?

Since I'm sure you're an expert on Marxism, why don't you explain what the tenets of Marxism are, and how the healthcare plan fits them?

Hey... here's an idea... Google it. But, are you claiming that Marx's views on societal inequalities have nothing to do with this fiasco going on now?

Personally, I feel it has little to do with healthcare and everything to do with nationalizing 1/6 of the U.S. economy.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Oh, and I never claimed to be an expert on Marxism... I only remember what I read of it in college... it sounded fucking asinine then as it does now.

The dem's had better kill this ridiculous Obamination of a bill.

Otherwise, the trouncing that is no doubt coming in November will lead to an all out blood bath of which the dem party may never recover.

The spin continues.

The bill was 'ruined' by the people who wrote it, who didn't focus on reform but instead loaded it up with sweet deals, kickbacks, bribes and exemptions for supporters while out right lying about the costs involved.

Americans are dumb, not stupid, they saw it for teh giant lie it is.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Oh I'm quite certain we'll see Pelosi, Reid, Obama, etc. at the free clinic when we go....

Hey... here's an idea... Google it. But, are you claiming that Marx's views on societal inequalities have nothing to do with this fiasco going on now?

Personally, I feel it has little to do with healthcare and everything to do with nationalizing 1/6 of the U.S. economy.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Oh, and I never claimed to be an expert on Marxism... I only remember what I read of it in college... it sounded fucking asinine then as it does now.

What you're missing is that I DO understand Marxism, and it makes you look like a fool when you keep repeating it without knowing what the word means.

I'm not a Marxist, and I don't agree with Marx, but at least I know what he said. Marx's goal was not State control - it was about abolishing the State entirely.

The spin continues.

The bill was 'ruined' by the people who wrote it, who didn't focus on reform but instead loaded it up with sweet deals, kickbacks, bribes and exemptions for supporters while out right lying about the costs involved.

Americans are dumb, not stupid, they saw it for teh giant lie it is.
Gee, those are all the things that Obama promised would never happen under his watch.

And people wonder why his approval ratings are in the tank?:cuckoo:

Democrats don't kill themselves. They kill the unborn, very old and sick, my appetite and our liberties.

That would make a cool siggy.
:clap2:

Sigh... When did you start losing the parts of your brain that deal with common sense? I'm thinking there must be a "trigger word" somewhere in the mountains of blog comments reiterating all the garbage spewed by your "conservative" masters that bring people like you down to the level of third-graders who post that kind of infantile comment. SHAZAAM!! As soon as you read "the word," you immediately regress to an inner child playing the bully in the sandbox. :lol:

Forum List

Back