Just got a meat grinder

I plan on doing some rib eye burgers tomorrow for dinner.
When i cube the meat, should i lightly freeze it or get it to room temp?

Freeze it slightly.
And put the parts from your meat grinder in the freezer as well before use.
Thats what i was thinking, but i wasnt sure.
Thats what i do when i shave beef on my mandoline :lol:

Sounds delicious! Ribeyes are my favorite!
Don't go gucking them up with a bunch of weird shit, now, TN.
Salt and pepper. Thats it for rib eyes. Beef has such a good flavor, i dont want to mess it up.
After that, im going to make my own sausages! I just got to find out where i can get casings. Might have to order them. I had to order those seaweed wraps :rolleyes:

Salt and pepper. Thats it for rib eyes. Beef has such a good flavor, i dont want to mess it up.
After that, im going to make my own sausages! I just got to find out where i can get casings. Might have to order them. I had to order those seaweed wraps :rolleyes:
Good man!

Good man!
im single too ;)

I've seen them make sausage on the Food Network. Getting the hang of twisting off the individual links in uniform sizes as they come pushing out of the machine seems like the challenging part, and doing it quick enough so you don't end up with a fat blobbo sausage.

Have FUN.

I make our own sausage as well, but I don't bother with casing.

A meat grinder is a great thing to have.
You can buy a 7-8 pound pork shoulder, for instance... cut that in half... roast one of them and make pulled pork.
And then make breakfast sausage or whatever sausage out of the rest. Pork shoulder has just the right amount of fat for any kind of pork sausage.

I've never had homemade, but I've never liked any kind of sausage. It's greasy and there's gristle hidden in it. Ugh.

I put a few links of Italian sausage in my spaghetti sauce, but someone else can eat it.

I make our own sausage as well, but I don't bother with casing.
I'm wanting to make smoked sausage for a bun. Idk how else to do it

LOL. My dad had a nice one still in the box he never used before he died. I eventually gave it to one of my brothers who lives out of town. As soon as I did I was, "%^&$ now I want that meat grinder!!!!!!" I only gave it away because I have no idea where I could get the casings locally. I have a hand crank one but that is way too much work. I could get the attachment for one for the kitchen aid but I still have no idea where to get the casings locally. Not sure that is something I would want to try through the mail.

LOL. My dad had a nice one still in the box he never used before he died. I eventually gave it to one of my brothers who lives out of town. As soon as I did I was, "%^&$ now I want that meat grinder!!!!!!" I only gave it away because I have no idea where I could get the casings locally. I have a hand crank one but that is way too much work. I could get the attachment for one for the kitchen aid but I still have no idea where to get the casings locally. Not sure that is something I would want to try through the mail.
I heard you can get them dehydrated. Then you just get rehydrate them.
Idk about that though... lol

What'd ya get?
I picked up a LEM Big Bite last year and it's a hog!!! You can feed it 1 inch square strips as long as you can cut em and It doesnt even slow down.
Got the foot controlled stuffer and the 15 lb sausage mixer as well.

New Topics

Forum List

Back